Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Failed to export *FIXED* Solution posted

AloreAlore Posts: 58 Member
edited October 2018 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
So a couple of days ago I went to clean out my DCBackup folder and I accidentally got it mixed up with my DCCache folder. I wound up deleting everything in my DCCache folder except for the missingdeps.idx file. I decided to do a factory reset of my game by pulling my Sims 3 folder out to my desktop, renaming it and then starting up my Sims game. It created a brand new Sims 3 folder. I added all my downloaded content back to the Downloads folder and reinstalled. I added the Device Config file back in, Load Options and the Options.ini files as well. I also put in the Library folder from my previous old Sims 3 folder, my Saved Sims and Saved games.

I figured I was good to go. I went back into my game, all my Custom Content was there, my saved games were there etc. However, when I try to upload/share a sim, lot etc. I'm told Export Failed. I don't know what else to try. Can anyone help me?

The Fix In case anyone is interested. It at least worked for me.
So....I realized I needed to upgrade my Graphics card, so I did that. I then went through all my installed content and realized there might be some bad content in there. I think there were 5-6 items I did not recognize as I hadn't downloaded them. I think they were tacked onto something else I downloaded. Anyways, I uninstalled those. I then cleared out every single one of my browsers. I then loaded the game back up and tried uploading a Sim and it was able to be exported. I then tried a lot and again, it was able to be exported. So...I'm good to go.

Now to just figure out why custom wallpapers I made and put in my game keep disappearing from a house I made. >.< Gotta love the sims.
Post edited by Alore on