Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HQ Mod doesn't work - Help?

Ok so i've tried the Alfsi HQ mod, I followed the directions exactly multiple times, the graphicsrules is 4096 etc, my in game graphics are set to ultra and the highest for everything, i've tried uncompressed textures and custom graphics as well instead of ultra. I've tried taking all my cc and mods out and only putting the hq textures in. No matter what, the sims stay black. I have no clue what I am doing wrong. My graphics card is nvida geforce gtx 960 but I'm pretty sure that should work. My game is up to date with everything as well. I tried sending a message to alf si only for the page to be gone the next day? Am I supposed to take out all the hq textures or leave them in the folders?

Comments

• Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    I do not believe that Mod has worked for quite a while. There are a few other threads where simmers were having similar problems. There is a tutorial video out there if you want to give that a shot but, I really think it's broken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H17oUtFVwUY
  • Options
    blackwolf10799blackwolf10799 Posts: 28 Member
    It's weird because people who had it before are still using it and i've seen updated textures for seasons etc? I did notice though in the instructions and videos the graphicsrules file looks slightly different so I wonder if you just had to do this in the past with an older file.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    edited September 2018
    I know that Alf-Si was only updated through the June 26. 2018 patch. You can still view her website through the Wayback Machine here: https://web.archive.org/web/20180914015832/http://alf-si.tumblr.com/HQ_ts4_English and the yadi.sk download links still work if you need the files again.

Another simmer named Simovee has updated the mod for Seasons, maybe they have the file you need or can help? http://simovee.tumblr.com/post/175316549934/from-the-first-day-i-discovered-the-hq-mod-made-by
  • Options
    rosenero10rosenero10 Posts: 536 Member
    edited November 2019
    There seems to be all new issues since the November 2019 update.
    I have had HQ working up until then and now EA have changed the graphicsrule.sgr file in a way that making the prescribed changes that Alf-Si has written in his blog are no longer affecting the HQ textures throughout the game. Doesn't matter if it's the updated EA textures updated by Alf-Si or Simovee or if it is HQ compatible CC. All Sims now appear black.
    I hate how EA are always messing with the game and breaking it for CC and mods.

This is the quality of what I was getting before EA broke the game.....

06-16-18_10-48-23%25C2%25A0PM.png

74496671_10220660080833515_8361637379202613248_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ohc=GlR41qHIymoAQm8bqbNA43DjEtpUSVZMfMltbDIy-MA9P7mnKNE__Gajg&_nc_ht=scontent.fbne6-1.fna&oh=79acf242c16c532ea469b21b58987c16&oe=5E838FD2

• Options
    rosenero10rosenero10 Posts: 536 Member
    Okay I worked it out.

Issue was with the downloads for all the base game textures for HQ
    There should be 13 package files in total, but they are contained in two separate zip folders in the download.
    Why on Earth did Alf-Si did it that way is beyond my comprehension.
    But you need to make sure you have all the 13 package files from these two zip folders (from the download) extracted to your Mods folder. only when you have all 13 packages will it properly replace all the standard EA textures with HQ textures.

In my case, the reason my game failed after working previously is a long one to explain and doesn't matter here.
    The end case is that the HQ mod does work still as I have found from my testing on 19th November 2019. I'll post some new pictures to show that, a bit later on.
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    rosenero10 wrote: »
    Okay I worked it out.

The issue was with the downloads for all the base game textures for HQ
    There should be 13 package files in total, but they are contained in two separate zip folders in the download.
    Why on Earth did Alf-Si do it that way is beyond my comprehension.
    But you need to make sure you have all the 13 package files from these two zip folders (from the download) extracted to your Mods folder. only when you have all 13 packages will it properly replace all the standard EA textures with HQ textures.

In my case, the reason my game failed after working previously is a long one to explain and doesn't matter here.
    The end case is that the HQ mod does work still as I have found from my testing on 19th November 2019. I'll post some new pictures to show that, a bit later on.
    thank you cause try something need try it thought my game was broken I see have to download the skin too thanks!

[img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr