Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buildings by the Unknown Builders

Comments

• PinenutsPinenuts Posts: 99 Member
    Hello all. Since I'm still technically a new unknown builder (4 months) I'm going to post here again. Once I've evolved in a grand "Mega-Builder" (complete with fiery wings and claws) I'll probably make my own thread. I finally made a Simself avatar too, so that's like learning to tie my own shoes ;)

@xamira99, thank you again for the recommendation. People seem to really like the Oink Cafe.

On to show and tell...

Name: The Sky Chapel
    Type: Lounge (Wedding Venue)
    Lot: 40 x 40
    Value: $165,392
    Download: The Sky Chapel

The Sky Chapel is an experiment with going nuts with sweeping roofs and concrete. I think it made a pretty need modernist wedding event location. It's a lot of sharp lines but still pretty (imho). The lavender boxes in the ballroom are open air, lining up with the outside pews above. The tree is the centerpiece of the altar, especially at night, and wildflowers surround it.

EQxmafe.png
    La9zkDv.png
    f4ERhG5.png
    ACKJxnq.png
    d177oyc.png
    Lk1CD5A.png
    0V24y7o.png
    e95SgyA.png
    RKeTyy0.png

Name: Plumbob Pictures Museum 2
    Type: Museum
    Lot: 40 x 30
    Value: $333,293
    Download: Plumbob Pictures Museum 2

"After a tragic meteor strike obliterated the original Plumbob Pictures Museum (oh noes!) PBP fans and collectors united to rebuild the collection. With a sizable donation - and a hostile takeover of PBP - by megastar Judith Ward, the museum was rebuilt looking nothing like it's original incarnation, to the relief of meteor-phobes everywhere."

This is my crack at an updated museum. I wanted it to be in your face movies-movies-movies so it's pretty loud. The hardest part of this was splitting the lot into two different styles of showrooms while sill having a cohesive look.

Qy166bF.png
    U7c4AkM.png
    Yx82GJW.png
    99jksRf.png
    EQEYDoH.png
    OSVsCqJ.png
    tm26wF0.png
    czQcCTX.png
    Av1mDS2.png
    YfmqSKC.png
    Lk8oGRb.png
    tVxU7K4.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    The builds look great! @Pinenuts :) It would be good to start your own showcase thread now. You are a great builder, and have done many creatively great builds! Many simmers have their own building threads. You can look at the threads of builders, and get ideas on how you may like to set up your own thread.
    The Sky Chapel is very creatively designed! :) The sweeping roofing on the sides of the build combined with the glass roofing looks great! It looks very nice how you have placed the seating either sides of the aisle and the flowers look pretty on it. The tree and flowers in the altar area looks very nice! Very nice below ground reception area! It looks very nice how the dining tables and chairs have been set up there. The flowers and candles look pretty on the table tops.Sims will enjoy listening to the piano playing whilst dining.
    The design and furnishing of Plumbob Pictures Museum 2 looks great! :) The movies themed items look great how they have been displayed! The mannequins are a great touch.It is nice that there is a red curtain cinema area for Sims to enjoy sitting there watching old movies on the large screen. The stage sets and the movies posters through the museum look great! Very nice roof covered outdoors bar for Sims to enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited December 2018
    You're welcome @pineout :)

The Sky Chapel is magnificent @Pinenuts t! It's very unique & the reception area is a nice touch! :o

You Plumbob Pictures Museum 2 is the best! All the displays are very unique and it feels like a real life museum! The exterior & the interior are simply amazing! B)
    Post edited by x4m1r4 on
    OID:- x4m1r4
    Hello, here is my latest build. :)

Name: Capsules for Simanity
    Type: Residential
    Lot: 30x30 (5Beds4Baths)
    Value: $44, 767
    Note: No CC, but please MOO
    Download: Capsules for Simanity

The Capsules for Simanity is built for the Build-N-Share challenge number 108 – Settlement for Simanity. It’s perfect for a rental residential or a normal residential for your Sims.

O9nOLWv.png
    7KdtAQO.png

More pics
    5vQt1Gb.png
    LwUP2s2.png
    tefoJL3.png
    tqN2OPX.png
    QXpkCQS.png
    EkuzzyX.png
    f5ziliJ.png
    lm3RT1i.png
    8dbMa0p.png
    nzGtMXV.png
    HUZNmag.png
    nRbRZU1.png
    abBlBbx.png

Thanks! :)
    Thanks for the encouraging comments (so detailed!) @rosemow and @xamira99. I'll look into starting my own showcase, good advice.

The Capsules for Simanity is a really clever idea for a terrain build, and you've done an awesome job with it. The variation, spacing, roof styles, color choices - it's all dang cool. It looks like it would be a very active lot in play, which I love.

PS, I don't know who this @pineout person is but they've been getting a lot of nice messages ;)

edited December 2018
    OMG! I'm so sorry @Pinenuts ! It is suppose to be you!!! Oh my....It's my bad...I'm going to edit all... And I don't know him/her too... :s

This is embarrassing :(
    Capsules for Simanity is a very nice tropical themed build ! @xamira99 :) The design and layout of the build looks great! The tropical trees and plants give such a very calming and peaceful look and feel to the homes! It looks great how you have done the terrain work! Very nice exterior design of each of the homes.The curved roofing looks great! Nice decks with each home for Sims to enjoy sitting outdoors enjoying the natural setting. Very nice bonfire nook. Sims will enjoy sitting on the log themed seating near the fire. Very nice community garden nook for Sims to enjoy growing plants and sharing harvests together, It is great that there are clotheslines for Sims to dry washing outdoors in the air. Sims will enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating meals together at the picnic table. The layout of the interiors of each of the homes looks very nice.
    It is a very nice tropical community of homes :)
  • TrishaGoldTrishaGold Posts: 45 Member
    I've always been kind of focused on creating Sims and helping them live their lives and achieve their goals. But more recently I've been getting into building houses as well. This thread is perfect for me to get inspiration from, be amazed by others creativity and maybe even contribute myself :)
    Thanks for making this thread @xamira99 I will probably spend a lot of hours scrolling through the pages, just lurking around, being blown away by all the wonderful build creations. <3
    'till death, we do art
    giphy.gif
    Feel free to check out a discussion I started:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/952366/yet-another-sims-4-cas-quote-challenge#latest
    Thank you so much for your detailed comment @rosemow ! You've made my day! :blush:
    Hello @TrishaGold ! :)

Welcome to the Unknown Builders thread. I look forward to seeing your creations! I'm sure it's going to be awesome! :)
  • TrishaGoldTrishaGold Posts: 45 Member
    Thank you @xamira99 :D I look forward to contributing, haha! Just need to become a member first. But until then I'll be trying to make some builds to post when I finally am able to post them ^_^ And liking everyone else's creations of course!
    'till death, we do art
    giphy.gif
    Feel free to check out a discussion I started:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/952366/yet-another-sims-4-cas-quote-challenge#latest
  • GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    Although I generally dislike modern, futuristic, concrete etc. stuff, this: The Sky Chapel, is a monumental work of art! <3 Thank you for sharing @Pinenuts .

Also @xamira99 , nice and attractive lots - especially that Thinking Cup Café (probably misspelled, sorry.) It's very cozy and warm - I can so imagine a young female either teen or adult sipping steaming café au lait, sitting on a cozy corner seat reading a novel while waiting her friends to come by as a gentle breeze carries colorful fall leaves that pass the windows :)

Didn't go through all pages yet. I'm sure there are more fabulous creations that I didn't see and thus can't comment for now.
    You're welcome @TrishaGold :)

Thank you so much @Gwiniel ! :blush:
  • chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    I'd like to share with you a house built by my friend:
    Wizard's Residence * This house was built by Agesikhora1 for Solid Color Challenge (The Sims 4). I made this house tour for her as she asked me.
    https://youtu.be/ByGAZ7d7ZEE
    https://www.ea.com/ru-ru/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8E03644E629011E886F511D77608EF1A?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Agesikhora1&max=50&maxis=false

• OliCaitOliCait Posts: 476 Member
    Pinenuts wrote: »
    Hey @OliCait. I like what you did with the front facade and the high post railing for this house. Black is an underused color for home exteriors imho, and it looks good here. Keep building!

Thank you!! Sorry it took my so long to reply! Oops! I recently renovated the Landgraab mansion with a black exterior too if you're interested in seeing it! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/952194/renovating-the-landgraab-mansion
    edited December 2018
    It was very kind of you to make a video to showcase your friend’s build @chealsycat <3 You have produced it very well, and have displayed all the very special features, rooms and areas of the build in a very nice, fun and creative way! The home is very nice! Very nice design of the exterior! The towers look great! The green colour scheme of the home looks very nice! Very nice furnishing of the interior rooms. The Wizard of Oz sims were great! The yellow bear as the lion, the knight as the tin man, Patchy as the scarecrow, Dorothy , and Chealsea as Toto was very creative! It was fun to watch!
    The home and the video tour are very nice! :)
    Post edited by rosemow on
    What a lovely & fun video @chealsycat! I've kept on giggling while watching it. I love the yellow fruit bear aka cowardly lion! Before the ending of the video, it feels like the Wizard of Oz, and then, towards the end.. yeah, I was right! :D
  • GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    @chealsycat That video was hilarious! Your friend's house is cute too and the whole Wizard of Oz theme was the icing on the cake :D
  • jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    I've come to the conclusion that nobody cares about the unknown builders, except other unknown builders and a few fans who try to encourage us. It's why we stay unknown. Why bother posting, when nobody really cares that we make beautiful creations. Sorry, feeling a little sour and bitter about this lately. I still build, I just don't post about it anymore.
    I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
    @jeswainston65, it's a bummer that you're feeling discouraged. I get it. There are a lot (A LOT) of great, active builders and it can feel like a wall of noise for newcomers (like you and me) but it's just the nature of any game with a large community and a lot of years of play.

Please don't let lack of attention diminish your joy for building or your desire to share. Popularity is one of those things you'll go nuts trying to chase, especially online. Like anyone else I get a thrill from downloads and likes, but it's fun to know that - even with a single download- someone out there is enjoying something I've made.

• brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    I've come to the conclusion that nobody cares about the unknown builders, except other unknown builders and a few fans who try to encourage us. It's why we stay unknown. Why bother posting, when nobody really cares that we make beautiful creations. Sorry, feeling a little sour and bitter about this lately. I still build, I just don't post about it anymore.

We all start out as "unknown" builders, it takes time to get noticed and if the builds are good enough people will notice, maybe not right away but they will.

With the gallery now sorting by "most recent" it is easier to get noticed, than when it was "popular now"

When I first started building I had not clue about followers and Maxis favorites or anything like that, just was building because I love it, never advertised my builds in the forum, just shared them in the gallery and thankfully I had some builds peoples seemed to like. Just keep building and if it's what People are looking for, you'll get noticed ♥