Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS2 UC Uninstalled Itself?

I am trying to get back into my game. I am logged into my Origin account, and the game tries to load and I am now getting the following error message: "The Sims 2 is not installed on this system, or some required files have been deleted. Please install The Sims 2 before attempting to run this application." How do I fix this?

Comments

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Repair game in Origin. Right click the picture of the game in your library, and chose repair. If you used a CC cleaner program, chances are that it deleted some files the game needs to run. I have had it happen to me, when it first came out. If you are going to run a cleaner program make sure you look at the list of things it wants to delete, and uncheck anything Sims 2. You might want to make a backup of your graphic rules and video card files, sometimes repairing resets those files.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited September 2018
    Posting from my phone so I hope this works. I finally managed to repair my game after this started but it still said nothing was installed and some files had been deleted. The only custom content object I downloaded into my game was the College Adjuster (which I will now have to install again). Origin kept trying to update the game and I suspect this is what deleted the game in the first place. I will have to start over from scratch with a new installation because I had to replace my laptop. The battery stopped charging and the charger no longer worked so I traded it in for, and ordered, a new one which should arrive Monday.