Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Don't Understand

So I've decided to continue the Not So Berry challenge since I can play in SM now. I've realized after a while, that most of my Sims are so mean! The rose generation Sim would always want to start fights with others (I think she started one with her father while I wasn't watching) and now my grey generation Sim just loves to shout forbidden words at other Sims. She never did that as a child or teen, only when she aged up. Just now, I saw that her husband was pretty mad, and so I clicked on him and saw that their relationship bar was decayed. Not by a lot, but still. I stopped him just in time from insulting her mother. :D Also, now currently living in Brindleton Bay, my Sims are always queueing up an interaction to do a rude introduction to whatever animal is outside. I mean, what did they ever do to you? :( Gosh darn, this makes an interesting save for sure.
IMG-6587.gif

Comments

• hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Heyyy we all love a little drama. I've never played that challenge but have heard of it.

Maybe take the family on a gathering or set a family oriented holiday if you have Seasons ;)
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Do you have parenthood? Maybe your sim aged up while in the mean streak phase? I saw this happening before, young adults stuck in that phase behaviour.
  • sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    Heyyy we all love a little drama. I've never played that challenge but have heard of it.

Maybe take the family on a gathering or set a family oriented holiday if you have Seasons ;)

Haha, good idea!
    SiliClone wrote: »
    Do you have parenthood? Maybe your sim aged up while in the mean streak phase? I saw this happening before, young adults stuck in that phase behaviour.

Nope, she wasn’t going through a phase when she aged up.
    IMG-6587.gif
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Kerwinkle wrote: »
    So I've decided to continue the Not So Berry challenge since I can play in SM now. I've realized after a while, that most of my Sims are so mean! The rose generation Sim would always want to start fights with others (I think she started one with her father while I wasn't watching) and now my grey generation Sim just loves to shout forbidden words at other Sims. She never did that as a child or teen, only when she aged up. Just now, I saw that her husband was pretty mad, and so I clicked on him and saw that their relationship bar was decayed. Not by a lot, but still. I stopped him just in time from insulting her mother. :D Also, now currently living in Brindleton Bay, my Sims are always queueing up an interaction to do a rude introduction to whatever animal is outside. I mean, what did they ever do to you? :( Gosh darn, this makes an interesting save for sure.

Do they have the hot headed trait?
    I had a hot headed sim, his son was too and they would be having a nice conversation and without warning go into full blown fight mode.
    Relationships plummeted very fast.
    I had heard it was related to the trait and thought it was fixed but maybe not.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    simm621 wrote: »

I had a hot headed sim, his son was too and they would be having a nice conversation and without warning go into full blown fight mode.

I play hot-headed sims all the time and that has never happened to me.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

simm621 wrote: »

Yeah, the 2nd generation sim did because she had to have that trait, but the 4th generation sim didn’t have it
    IMG-6587.gif
    Another thing that can influence this is the argumentative trait and I think the bad manners one. Also, if a sim is tense or sad has more chance to be rude to others. The rude introduction to pets is another thing, I see this happening in my game a lot, too. My territorial cat is enemy with all the sims he meets, cause they give him a rude introduction and he attacks them right away.
    edited August 2018
    Another thing that can influence this is the argumentative trait and I think the bad manners one. Also, if a sim is tense or sad has more chance to be rude to others. The rude introduction to pets is another thing, I see this happening in my game a lot, too. My territorial cat is enemy with all the sims he meets, cause they give him a rude introduction and he attacks them right away.

Hm, that's interesting. The thing is though, that it's completely out of the blue. She had none of the traits from the characteristics chart and was always in a good mood. The conversation was always "pleasant" until she'd randomly queue up that mean interaction. She passed away a few sim weeks ago, but now her daughter is in on it, too, even though she gained the compassionate trait (then again, I wasn't really watching, so her son could have said something to trigger her to yell at him). It's just really strange. It is an older save, so maybe that could be it somehow?
    IMG-6587.gif
    Playful/impishly pester maybe? That interaction turns the conversation into unpleasant... I don't know if it's autonomous without mods though.
    Playful/impishly pester maybe? That interaction turns the conversation into unpleasant... I don't know if it's autonomous without mods though.

Nope, not even that. They were both feeling happy when talking. Maybe my Sims just have minds of their own. :D
    IMG-6587.gif