Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post the last screenshot you took in The Sims 3

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    A recent one from me. Mother and daughter :smile:

40449350_10155789991816497_7162818913472872448_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=85497dd5475402b46276dd3da875d5c1&oe=5BEFD0A6
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Zane's house that I built for him in the future...

42650293130_c72d28a862_c.jpg

• VermilionSphereVermilionSphere Posts: 114 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Facebook doesn't require a Photo Sharing Service to Upload Photos :(
    I'm sure they don't. But EA isn't in business exclusively to run forums. The resources required to maintain a database of images for a forum of this size and with this much activity would be so cost prohibitive that they would have to either put outside advertising in our faces on every page or charge us membership fees to help pay for it. Most online forums that aren't in business strictly to be a forum require the usage of third party image hosts.

thanx for the info . i'm able to Upload Screenshots to My Studio through the Game Launcher . in that circumstance , does the Launcher then function as a Photo Sharing Service ? I've never had occasion to use an Image Host , so i'm curious to know the ways in which others would utilize such a service :)
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I'm sure they don't. But EA isn't in business exclusively to run forums. The resources required to maintain a database of images for a forum of this size and with this much activity would be so cost prohibitive that they would have to either put outside advertising in our faces on every page or charge us membership fees to help pay for it. Most online forums that aren't in business strictly to be a forum require the usage of third party image hosts.

thanx for the info . i'm able to Upload Screenshots to My Studio through the Game Launcher . in that circumstance , does the Launcher then function as a Photo Sharing Service ? I've never had occasion to use an Image Host , so i'm curious to know the ways in which others would utilize such a service :)
    Okay, you got me there. The studio and the exchange are set up to hold and display photos (when they work correctly) and actual shared files in the case of the latter. EA did allocate resources to those from the beginning. But they don't see nearly the same volume that the forums do and I understand they break down pretty often.

I use MediaFire for forum posts just because I happened to have a free account already before I even started simming and it handles photos well in addition to other kinds of files one might want to share by way of links to specified others or have available for our own use from all different computers. Not as convenient as DropBox, Google Drive, or OneDrive perhaps, but in many ways more versatile. Others prefer Imgur and a few others strictly for photos. Photobucket is kind of off the table as they recently started charging (a lot!) for everyone and photos displayed on forum boards all over the place uploaded by free users suddenly started disappearing in mass quantities.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    edited September 2018

Okay, you got me there. The studio and the exchange are set up to hold and display photos (when they work correctly) and actual shared files in the case of the latter. EA did allocate resources to those from the beginning. But they don't see nearly the same volume that the forums do and I understand they break down pretty often.

I use MediaFire for forum posts just because I happened to have a free account already before I even started simming and it handles photos well in addition to other kinds of files one might want to share by way of links to specified others or have available for our own use from all different computers. Not as convenient as DropBox, Google Drive, or OneDrive perhaps, but in many ways more versatile. Others prefer Imgur and a few others strictly for photos. Photobucket is kind of off the table as they recently started charging (a lot!) for everyone and photos displayed on forum boards all over the place uploaded by free users suddenly started disappearing in mass quantities.

Photobucket has done changed yet again to try to restore their customers faith in them as they knew that most of them wasn't too happy about the charge that they were doing to their customers. But because of what they did last year when they started locking everyone's pictures from being viewed on other websites such as this one, I will not be returning to them as I use imgur for my photo sharing now.
    http://s1382.photobucket.com/plans/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=052418_newplans

And since Photobucket had changed their policies back, "A Complete Forum Tutorial" by 06Bon06 now has it's pictures showing again for all to see now.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811263/a-complete-forum-tutorial/p1

I used the studio to share my pictures over here on the old TS3 site but I went to Photobucket a few years ago until they decided to charge their customers $400 per year and then I went to imgur. But now PB has changed their policies again to go back to a free service up to 2GB and then it's going to cost you.

But back to the studio on the old TS3 site. The reason why I changed from there to a photo hosting site was due to the fact that the studio only holds up to so many pictures before you have to clean them out to make room. And another reason why I had changed was due to the fact that you can't change the size of the picture in your studio like you can with PB. In PB, you can set it any size you want to in their Photo Editor and then Resize by width and height. Imgur has a list of sizes as they go by Original, Small Square, Big Square, Small Thumbnail, Medium Thumbnail, Large Thumbnail and Huge Thumbnail.
  • UnseenHorizonUnseenHorizon Posts: 212 Member
    edited September 2018
    When I want to share screenshots I use Dropbox, just a case of moving them from the game's screenshots folder to my dedicated TS3 screenshot folder on Dropbox. I'm pretty sure you get about 2GB free space with the opportunity to earn more space by referring friends (both people will get an extra 500 MB of storage space) and completing a "Getting Started" tutorial thing.

Here's my referral link if you're interested in referring me!

Anyway here's a screenshot of Lynette doing some drumming at a party!

Screenshot-190.jpg?dl=1
    "Hosting indoor firework shows since '00"
    Currently trying to pick up The Sims 3 again :)

You can find me lurking around The Sims 3 board, feel free to say hi!
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member

My last 3 pictures from last night:

aKen1jO.jpg
    My sims Kaitlyn and her new husband, Johan, were at a pool party talking to the host while 2 other sims in the lounge chairs are talking to each other when I heard the "woohoo chimes". I looked upstairs and two other sims are woohooing in the host's bed.

yFVpyvc.jpg

Soon afterward Kaitlyn and Johan went to the library to read pregnancy books (they're expecting). While there, another female patron started making romantic advances toward a sim who is already partnered with someone else. Then she started hitting on Johan. I wanted to get a good look at Elaine, who also is partnered. She just might turn out to be the town homewrecker.

LZAlpPb.jpg
    lisasc360 wrote: »

But back to the studio on the old TS3 site. The reason why I changed from there to a photo hosting site was due to the fact that the studio only holds up to so many pictures before you have to clean them out to make room. And another reason why I had changed was due to the fact that you can't change the size of the picture in your studio like you can with PB. In PB, you can set it any size you want to in their Photo Editor and then Resize by width and height. Imgur has a list of sizes as they go by Original, Small Square, Big Square, Small Thumbnail, Medium Thumbnail, Large Thumbnail and Huge Thumbnail.

Now-a-days on this site there is no need to resize your photos for presentation for viewing. The pictures will automatically resize when you shrink the width of the browser window.

I resize my pictures on my pc using a free paint program (paint.net) before uploading them to a picture hosting site. That way they take up less room on that site and transfer faster uploading and viewing here on the forum.
  • VermilionSphereVermilionSphere Posts: 114 Member

thank you for taking the time to explain all this . as I mentioned , I have never had occasion to utilize an Image Host so the information you have provided is very helpful
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited September 2018
    Here's Annie practicing her violin. She made it to level 3 at that time, so hopefully I'll be able to stand listening to her play next time.

CpIR6FG.jpg
  • KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    edited September 2018
    42670101880_65322b8c71_b.jpg
    The most recent addition to my Perfect Genetics Challenge, Olivia playing with her imaginary friend doll. Unfortunately, she's not the heir.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Here's where I found my game's CPS social workers when I started looking for them.
    Found my social workers in my household library.
    44344253661_4762166ea8_b.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    My last screenshot yesterday was a close up of Jared Frio. I am playing Jared and his brother, Connor, in a test save.
    42659266020_504f020096_o.jpg
  • lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    My last one...
    VwRe5Ul.jpg
    I think I really like this mummy :kissing_smiling_eyes:
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    Haruo playing catch with his little green friend... :D

Evil_Smiley.png
    Little Green Friend Had to jump through a lot of hoops to find him...
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    My current project is adding my own country/small town spin to Hylewood so the last pics I’ve taken have been pics to see how everything looks from a distance...
    tumblr_pei7uxoUX61xq9hdmo1_1280.jpg
    I love this world. Just love it <3
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    @cwaddell, Elaine is stunning. Is she a game generated sim or did you create/download her?
  • KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    edited September 2018
    44494844711_1ed3334f46_b.jpgScreenshot-16
    I just really liked how this teenager's pajamas turned out when I edited her after she aged up. She's another sim from my perfect genetics challenge.
    @cwaddell, Elaine is stunning. Is she a game generated sim or did you create/download her?

Thank you. I think she was a EA sim from the CAS bin that I tweaked and gave a makeover.
    edited September 2018
    Amphora wrote: »
    My current project is adding my own country/small town spin to Hylewood so the last pics I’ve taken have been pics to see how everything looks from a distance...
    tumblr_pei7uxoUX61xq9hdmo1_1280.jpg
    I love this world. Just love it <3

Looks good. Would love to see more detail of what you've done. I have that world too but haven't played in it yet. All Nilxis' worlds look fantastic. I have the other small ones - Sa Pineda and Suvadiva Resort. I've played in Suvadiva Resort but removed the resorts and made it a small island community. Also very beautiful.
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    Today's daily screenshot:

5fiMoBk.jpg
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    cwaddell wrote: »

Looks good. Would love to see more detail of what you've done. I have that world too but haven't played in it yet. All Nilxis' worlds look fantastic. I have the other small ones - Sa Pineda and Suvadiva Resort. I've played in Suvadiva Resort but removed the resorts and made it a small island community. Also very beautiful.
    Thank you! I’m only in the planning stages right now, figuring out what works and what doesn’t. Kind of hard especially with the lack of large lot sizes but it helps keep things interesting. Lol. So far what I do plan on keeping is this lakefront pier and grocery/cafe:
    tumblr_pei7uxoUX61xq9hdmo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_pei7uxoUX61xq9hdmo4_1280.jpg
    First time I’ve ever actually attempted building up a world with my own stuff. It’s pretty fun :)
  • lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    Mmh I feel kinda bad, I think I'm going to start boring people with my mummy and ghost baby pics, but I can't help it, first time having a mummy and first time raising a ghost baby :lol:
    So here, my last one from yesterday (and just so you know, the nine screenshots before this one are more Mummy/Ghost!Baby pics :joy: )
    uHGuQoA.jpg
    Teaching the little guy to walk :heart:
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I just wanted to give another update on the omni plant/seahorse issue. The omni plant did recover and become usable again. So my sim fed it hot dogs, tofu, and a piranha (all for fish bait). Then I made the big mistake of having her feed it one of her only two fairy damsel fish, which she will need for alchemy. Bad idea! Apparently SN fish will break the omni plant too. She lost her fairy damsel, but I'm hoping the plant will recover again. I'm not even going to try any WA, LN, ST, or ITF fish!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top