Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch #4 (since the release of Seasons) and major bugs are STILL being ignored!

13...Next

Comments

• SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Simmer1028 wrote: »
    I've experienced almost ALL of those bugs too! Has anyone experienced these?

*When your adult sim tries to use their phone it says "toddlers can't use phones".
    *After exiting build mode, the bar at the bottom of the screen has disappeared.
    *(Adding on to the last one) Once the bar disappears, you can't go to the main menu or anything else, forcing me to force quit the game without saving.

At this point I've stopped playing until these bugs are fixed>

The bar disappearing was a mod problem in my game.
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    edited August 2018
    I’m with you OP! I’m not playing or buying another Sims 4 pack until some of these bugs are fixed. Some people may not mind the needy pets and sims teleporting, but I do. And the simulation lag is so bad now.

The lag is definitely one thing I don't understand... like I said before, at least Sims 3 had the open world and create a style to blame for the lag. So that game kinda gets a "pass" for the way it is... but Sims 4 was specifically created for lower end machines and was supposed to be capable of functioning well on older computers (according to the developers when it was first released), so I'm really curious to see what their excuses will be this time.

I mean, I'll literally be playing the game at 60 fps... but then the fps will suddenly drop to like 15-20 just because I zoomed in on a table. That's not normal.

Yup that is a very common problem with the game and EVERY let's play I've seen suffer the same fps drops. Sim supply had major fps drops in his video and at that EXACT moment he says "the game is so optimized" I almost spat out my coffee.

They have lied about the performance from day 1 because this game is built on a much more limited engine than any sims game before it and it is still in dx9. It is built on top of the sims mobile practically and that is why it shares almost all shortcommings but some fans got fooled by the pretty graphics plugins they shoved on top of it to hide it's mobile "look".

The performance problems of the sims 3 can NEVER be blamed in open world or CAST because that game too was built on dx9 which limits draw calls and acts like a bottleneck in rendering. The only reasons open world and other things got scrapped is because the sims 4 is the sims mobile with fancier graphics and I also don't think they had a chance with EA as their boss. It is THE Most unoptimized game i have ever played and I am starting to believe the studio might not even be capable of producent a stable game that can handle simulation and render thing efficently. I also really think they have trouble getting texture streaming right since the higher you have the sim texture set the more fps stutter you get. A texture setting shouldn't cause performance loss if you have the memory for it period.

• Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited August 2018
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    It’s been said a million times, if they aren’t universal bugs, they often are harder to actually fix.

I have had nearly all of these bugs occur in my game, even today, after the patch. I checked on the game to see the new items, and immediately upon entering live mode, I've watched my Sims' pet get extremely needy. There is also still a bug where the pet is extremely loud (I hear it a floor down). In the same session, I've had a Sim eat pancakes decide to go play cards, I cancelled the interaction, yet she teleported there, while eating pancakes, continuing to play cards.

Reiterating, I've never played a Sims game with this many bugs at every turn. Even in short play sessions, I am able to run into many.

This game is becoming worse than Sims 3 when it comes to bugs... and that's honestly just sad. Especially since Sims 3 was basically known for its bugs... but Sims 4 is literally going down the same road... but possibly even worse.

However, at least Sims 3 actually had the open world and create a style to blame for its bugs, lag, etc... Sims 4 literally has none of that to fall back on. That's the awkward part of it all. When Sims 4 was first released, didn't the developers constantly boast about how it was "specifically made to work on older computers"? lol Wasn't that their excuse for why it didn't have open world or create a style in the first place?

The Sims 3 really didn't have many major gameplay bugs for me. If I had any bugs, it was mainly visual, or it was the game crashing. The majority of its issues were its performance and stability.

The Sims 4 has an overwhelming amount of gameplay bugs, many which I run into even in short play sessions. No matter what I am doing, I run into a bug of some sort. It's honestly an embarrassing level of quality, as harsh as it sounds. I have just never played a game where bugs were so overbearing and rampant in a game, and I try to be vocal about it on the forums so that these issues get fixed before they move onto The Sims 5 (which I can only hope will be the huge redeeming title for this franchise).

I just opened the game today, and tried to play for a short time. I am still having a pets issue, where my Sim's pet is being far too needy, and has the inability to care for itself -- I leave it food and have my Sim walk it daily, but it still runs away and faints. It won't sleep in its bed.

Then I ran into some good ol' simulation lag. How this game still suffers from this is beyond me. It is a closed world, the objects are mostly high poly, and my specs are way beyond what the game recommends. Yet, my Sims were frozen for over 6 in-game hours. As I am typing this, they are still stuck, frozen, as time passes on. There has never been a Sims game that suffers THIS badly with time flow. It is to the point where I am unable to even enjoy the game. I believe I may have narrowed down the cause -- all it takes is one interaction to freeze the whole world. In this case, it was my Sim cooking a certain meal. If she stopped, time would flow again. If she tried cooking, the whole world froze once more. Hopefully, the developers can patch this huge problem. It's been long enough...
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    @Lustianicia I have #1 & 2 I really hate them just standing for 3 sim hours doing nothing. I sent my sims toddler to bed and she stared at the bed for literally 3 sim hours. So I agree they should fix the issue and we shouldn’t have to resort to mods to fix the bugs.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    edited August 2018
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I just opened the game today, and tried to play for a short time. I am still having a pets issue, where my Sim's pet is being far too needy, and has the inability to care for itself -- I leave it food and have my Sim walk it daily, but it still runs away and faints. It won't sleep in its bed.

Then I ran into some good ol' simulation lag. How this game still suffers from this is beyond me. It is a closed world, the objects are mostly high poly, and my specs are way beyond what the game recommends. Yet, my Sims were frozen for over 6 in-game hours. As I am typing this, they are still stuck, frozen, as time passes on. There has never been a Sims game that suffers THIS badly with time flow. It is to the point where I am unable to even enjoy the game. I believe I may have narrowed down the cause -- all it takes is one interaction to freeze the whole world. In this case, it was my Sim cooking a certain meal. If she stopped, time would flow again. If she tried cooking, the whole world froze once more. Hopefully, the developers can patch this huge problem. It's been long enough...

As for bugs, I do have more of the bugs you just named about sims being frozen (I hate that), simulation lag, and the pet neediness thing. I can never get the pets to just eat their food or sleep in their bed either. That is why most of my Sims don't have pets or babies, btw. They made both tooo demanding.
    Sometimes I also wonder why is it that when I get these expansions such as Cat's and Dog's or Seasons, the game dev. feel the need to add things that perhaps they believe will get you more engaged, but instead is more like a nuisance. For example, I was excited to have pets but then they are so needy and the Vet hospital visits doesn't always go smooth. As for seasons, the leaf piles are not fun and for some reason, a lot of my Sims are always running to a tree to talk to it. So now I am considering removing the trees from their yards. Maybe they can fix that too on the next patch.

{EA_Lanna: corrected quote formatting for ease of reading}
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • edwie22edwie22 Posts: 100 Member
    edited August 2018
    I'll stick for the OP. I know that there are people here defending the developers and calling us rude, etc. but when you spring USD 40 for a game pack such as seasons, it is to improve gameplay, not to make it unplayable and glitchy. A product that is out in the market for sale should be properly tested. I've been playing the game for 3 years now and with Seasons it has gotten so laggy that I have to stop every 2 minutes and save the game to get it moving (when the save menu pops up things happen to run along).

This is like you people buying an iPad that doesn't work but you cannot take it to the shop because you don't know the lives of the repairmen or what they are working on and you are being a whiner because YOUR iPad doesnt work while thousands others do (Despite you paying for it). See how ridiculous it sounds...

Paying customers have the right to demand that the product they purchased is in pristine condition. Making excuses for some major bugs not being fixed will not reduce the amount of complaints.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited August 2018
    As for bugs, I do have more of the bugs you just named about sims being frozen (I hate that), simulation lag, and the pet neediness thing. I can never get the pets to just eat their food or sleep in their bed either. That is why most of my Sims don't have pets or babies, btw. They made both tooo demanding.
    Sometimes I also wonder why is it that when I get these expansions such as Cat's and Dog's or Seasons, the game dev. feel the need to add things that perhaps they believe will get you more engaged, but instead is more like a nuisance. For example, I was excited to have pets but then they are so needy and the Vet hospital visits doesn't always go smooth. As for seasons, the leaf piles are not fun and for some reason, a lot of my Sims are always running to a tree to talk to it. So now I am considering removing the trees from their yards. Maybe they can fix that too on the next patch.

Yup, I have the same issue with leaf piles. Also, my world is spawning all of the plants and other harvestables in one area, clumped up against one another. It's been this way since Season's release.

I don't think the pets are supposed to be this needy by design. Originally, when I purchased the pack, they sure weren't this bad. If this is a design choice, then it should surely be reversed, as there is not enough time in a Sim day to take care of a pet this needy, simulation lag aside. The vet, hospital, and pretty much all of the other GTW careers are a nuisance primarily because of simulation lag. Simulation lag is just so incredibly intrusive onto the game.

There are just an overwhelming amount of serious bugs in this game.