Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch #4 (since the release of Seasons) and major bugs are STILL being ignored!

LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
Today marks the FOURTH patch since 'Seasons' was released... and yet, there are STILL major bugs that are being ignored! The developers aren't even at least ADDRESSING these bugs!

1) The bug that causes Sims to leave school/work early during a holiday when another Sim travels to a different lot.
2) The bug that causes Sims to suddenly freeze and just sit/stand there, despite time progressing.
3) The bug that causes pets to become extra needy and constantly fill up our Sims' queues (this was claimed to have been fixed, but still occurs).
4) The bug that causes Sims to teleport around the lot when performing certain tasks (such as washing the dishes).
5) The bug that causes Sims to constantly stand up and hug each other whenever they try having a conversation (especially during meals).
6) The bug that causes Sims to wear completely random accessories when at the spa.

These are just a few bugs that I can come up with from the top of my head... mostly because these are the ones that basically make the game impossible to fully enjoy... some even make the game unplayable! This is ridiculous... and this is the FOURTH patch since these bugs started occurring... and the developers won't even mention them at all!

The first one I listed literally makes a major feature that came with 'Seasons' useless and pointless... why give us the option to choose whether or not our Sims get to stay home from school/work during a holiday if they're just gonna end up coming home anyway!? Also, if you have 'Parenthood' installed, that makes this bug even worse! Because the children and teens lose responsibility whenever this happens!

The second one makes the game unplayable... the fact that our Sims will just randomly stand/sit there and not do anything is highly annoying. And there doesn't really seem to be many fixed (except for leaving the game and coming back in). The "resetSim" cheat won't even work.

The third one is probably a bug that I'll just stop trying to get them to fix... especially since they claim to have already done it, but it still happens anyway... whatever.

The fourth one doesn't necessarily make the game unplayable, but it definitely looks RIDICULOUS when it happens! Also, sometimes a Sim will drop everything they're doing. This especially happens when washing the dishes. Sometimes Sims will just drop them somewhere.

The fifth one makes the gameplay annoying and impossible to fully enjoy. We used to be able to make our Sims simply chat at the table during meals and stuff... but now each Sim literally needs to stand up and hug each other before doing so. This never happened before! It doesn't just happen during meals... it happens everywhere else as well.

The sixth one is more "minor", but still highly annoying. I certainly don't care for my Sims wearing completely ridiculous hats when they're at the spa... one of my Sims is defaulted to wearing the beekeeping hat when she wears a towel! She looks ridiculous! And it can't be changed... because technically the outfit "doesn't exist".

Instead of focusing on adding new content, I really wish the developers would start working on fixing these major bugs! Especially since they've been here for nearly two months... and with absolutely no signs of them being fixed at all! This is getting ANNOYING! I paid a lot of money for this game... I have the right to actually ENJOY the things I pay for! However, that's simply not possible when this game is filled with bugs.
Favorite Packs
Sims 1: Hot Date
Sims 2: Seasons
Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
Sims 3: Seasons
Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
Sims 4: Seasons
Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg

Comments

• Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I have a couple of these but honestly I would not call them major, as they don't happen in my game all the time. I get the teleport glitch occasionally and the hugging thing (which I wouldn't call a bug, but a poor design choice). The other ones are either very infrequent or don't really affect my game...
  • Options
    Pegasys wrote: »
    I have a couple of these but honestly I would not call them major, as they don't happen in my game all the time. I get the teleport glitch occasionally and the hugging thing (which I wouldn't call a bug, but a poor design choice). The other ones are either very infrequent or don't really affect my game...

The hugging problem IS a bug though. It never happened before 'Seasons' was released.

Also, any bug that literally makes an option that we paid for pointless IS a major bug... so the option to choose whether or not our Sims have the day off from work/school is literally useless, since they're going to come home anyway. Which does happen all the time when there's a holiday going on.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I like this patch a lot.

However, two words:

Leaf piles. :s
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    I've only experienced two of these bugs. Pets are fixed in my game but the teleportation is still happening. I've never even seen the hugging or accessories mentioned. I hope these things get fixed soon(without breaking anything else)
  • Options
    Thunderbat87Thunderbat87 Posts: 275 Member
    My sims hugged a lot before seasons as well.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    edited August 2018
    The only bug that I experience is number two. Not getting the pet bug either. Perhaps those bugs are harder to fix because they are not universal?
  • Options
    My sims hugged a lot before seasons as well.

Well, I can't say the same for my game... but doesn't that just give more of a reason for them to fix it!? If it's been going on for that long, then there's no reason why they haven't even tried to fix it.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    TS1299 wrote: »
    The only bug that I experience is number two. Not getting the pet bug either. Perhaps those bugs are harder to fix because they are not universal?

I'm not the only one who's been complaining about these bugs... especially #1.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited August 2018
    Well, it's true the hugging thing while eating is annoying.

At one point I had a mod to reduce these type of greetings. I just did a quick search and found a mod that might eliminate the hugging while eating.

Honestly I always look for mods to fix bugs and/or annoying behaviors in sims. Thank god for the modding community. To be honest, I have been able to fix the majority of things that bother me with mods. Yes I obviously hope/prefer for the devs to fix them, but I know it will take time and if I get a mod that works I am able to move on and enjoy my game.

In fact my game is at a really good point now with the following:

a mod to eliminate the stinky leaf piles from Seasons.
    a mod that makes the death phone calls/corresponding moodlets much more appropriate for the sim's relationship.
    a mod so that placemats don't disappear when Sims sit down to eat.
    a mod so there's a reasonable chance of getting a rare plant when grafting.
    a mod so that when Sims ask another sim to leave, they simply wave "bye" instead of acting rude.
    a mod so that decorative buffs don't wipe out other emotional moodlets.

and there are more!
  • Options
    edited August 2018

At one point I had a mod to reduce these type of greetings. I just did a quick search and found a mod that might eliminate the hugging while eating:

Honestly I always look for mods to fix bugs and/or annoying behaviors in sims. Thank god for the modding community. To be honest, I have been able to fix the majority of things that bother me with mods. Yes I obviously hope/prefer for the devs to fix them, but I know it will take time and if I get a mod that works I am able to move on and enjoy my game.

a mod that makes the death phone calls/corresponding moodlets much more appropriate for the sim's relationship.
    a mod so that when Sims ask another sim to leave, they simply wave "bye" instead of acting rude.

and there are more!

Okay... but it's honestly kinda disturbing that we would have to resort to using mods as a way of fixing bugs. It's honestly pretty sad how modders are more capable of fixing bugs than the actual developers are. Especially since a lot of these modders didn't even attend college for programming or anything related. That's what's scary about it.

This honestly makes me think hard about who's even working on the development teams for these games... and how they even got these jobs in the first place if random modders are doing a much better job than they are at fixing bugs. If that's the case, then I think EA should just hire the modders to develop the games... lol
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited August 2018
    Guess we will be waiting longer. Nothing in the patch was anything that exciting. My game is also still unplayable since the bugs make it unenjoyable.
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member

At one point I had a mod to reduce these type of greetings. I just did a quick search and found a mod that might eliminate the hugging while eating:

and there are more!

@Pegasys Where did you get those mods from? Can you please send me a PM? Thanks!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I like this patch a lot.

However, two words:

They're still working on the leaf pile issue -- sounds like they're getting near a solution but couldn't get in this patch.

The only issue I've had that I consider gamebreaking is the holiday travel because it ends up affecting the gameplay for the work at home careers. Leaf piles are aesthetically displeasing but I can deal with them. Haven't really seen any of the others (I did have a brief issue with queuing up multiple actios with my cat when my Sim went to hug her, but I simply cancelled out the original "hug" action and that erased the entire queue.) I've also had issues with bird of paradise plants not producing flowers, but I was able to get one from the Romance Festival to finish the gardening collection (been working on that Sim for a while).

And that's the big issue with bugs -- not everyone experiences them, so it can be hard to replicate them on EA's end to track down the piece of code that's causing the issue. I've studied computer programming, and was a pretty good debugger but that was on a way smaller scale than what folks like @SimGuruNick, @SimGuruArvin and @SimGuruIcarus have to deal with.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SimGuruMrESimGuruMrE Posts: 35 SimGuru
    3) The bug that causes pets to become extra needy and constantly fill up our Sims' queues (this was claimed to have been fixed, but still occurs).

Where I cant speak on all of these issues, This issue should have been fixed a couple of patches ago, but that said if you are still seeing it, possible a variation of it is still coming up, if you have a save file with it occurring feel free to send to @SimGuruNick or @SimGuruArvin that would be a huge help in tracking it down. :)
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    It’s been said a million times, if they aren’t universal bugs, they often are harder to actually fix.

Sometimes it’s cause my CC/Mods, sometimes it’s cause by save files affected by CC/Mods, and sometimes it’s cause by specs.

As everyone in this thread pretty much confirmed, these aren’t issues that the majority are having so it’s going to be hard for devs to fix, especially if they can’t duplicate the issue on their end.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited August 2018
    My sims keep getting ready to go to school/work and once they get to the spot where they disappear they stay for a few seconds and they get grayed out in the UI bar. However they stay there for a few seconds and came back and then I’m getting phone calls from the principal and their boss saying they’re late. This bug has been going on even before seasons. It’s so annoying because I move onto the next available sim when others are at school/work so I don’t realize it that they didn’t actually go and their progress goes down .@SimGuruNick
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Yeah my Sim kids got the scout meeting notice one hour late again... bleh. But at least they all actually got through the rabbit hole this time. We'll see if that lasts...

I didn't check if Sims can clear the bulletin board now!
    My sims keep getting ready to go to school/work and once they get to the spot where they disappear they stay for a few seconds and they get grayed out in the UI bar. However they stay there for a few seconds and came back and then I’m getting phone calls from the principal and their boss saying they’re late. This bug has been going on even before seasons. It’s so annoying because I move onto the next available sim when others are at school/work so I don’t realize it that they didn’t actually go and their progress goes down .@SimGuruNick

That one... yep. I actually sent my save to my EA team and they couldn't reproduce the bug, which boggles my mind, considering that I tried on a fresh game reinstall and it STILL happened for me. They have a thread open for more information but of course I can't find the link anymore...
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I’m sorry but we all need to have patience. You must think fixing a bug especially a large one is easy? None of us have any idea how hard and complicated fixing these issues can be. Most of these issues have been around since the seasons patch, which is yes only two months. They fixed a ton of issues today for a lot of people. I had multiple bugs that I was so excited to have a fix for (overlapping thought bubbles, winter townie deaths, both parents needing to interact with toddlers and causing an issue) all three of those annoying and major issues were fixed.

Many bugs you mentioned have been addressed by the gurus though and they are working on them. The freezing is a universal issue (very rare with me but does happen) and is being worked on. According to the gurus it’s a complicated issue and they are trying to fix it. The teleporting has been tweeted about which says they are aware of it and are probably working on it. They are also aware of and working on the pet queue still being an issue for a few. I believe they are also aware of the holiday and work issue. The hugging I don’t know for sure on, but that is a bit annoying isn’t it? So updates on where they are on fixing these haven’t happened but they are fixing them. We just have to wait it out until they do.

I am very sorry you still have a lot of issues. I know being patient when you want to play the game properly is hard. However, they are aware of almost all these issues from what I have seen on Twitter. They are most likely working on fixes for these issues. Of course it be nice to know when, but they are busy trying to fix the bugs and don’t always have time to update us which is understandable. Also this was a wonderful patch today and we should be grateful for what did get fixed, not what hasn’t been yet. The amount of patches coming out says they are working incredibly hard to fix bugs and issues within the game. I for one am happy when any bugs get fixed.
  • Options
    KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    edited August 2018
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I like this patch a lot.

However, two words:

Don't know if you use mods but here is a link of a mod that supposedly helps with
    the leaf piles-->http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=616608
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    @Akl500P

My patience would be better if it appeared that they actually did proper playtesting of all the new content introduced. The impression I have gotten over the last 2 years is that proper playtesting has not been done in any case.

I always attempt a vanilla game file before playing my modded files. It amazes me that the bugs I experienced without my mods and cc on a high powered gaming rig were not noticed on their own equipment. It is one reason I do not have a positive impression of the devs.
  • Options
    Akl500P wrote: »
    I’m sorry but we all need to have patience. You must think fixing a bug especially a large one is easy? None of us have any idea how hard and complicated fixing these issues can be. Most of these issues have been around since the seasons patch, which is yes only two months. They fixed a ton of issues today for a lot of people. I had multiple bugs that I was so excited to have a fix for (overlapping thought bubbles, winter townie deaths, both parents needing to interact with toddlers and causing an issue) all three of those annoying and major issues were fixed.

Many bugs you mentioned have been addressed by the gurus though and they are working on them. The freezing is a universal issue (very rare with me but does happen) and is being worked on. According to the gurus it’s a complicated issue and they are trying to fix it. The teleporting has been tweeted about which says they are aware of it and are probably working on it. They are also aware of and working on the pet queue still being an issue for a few. I believe they are also aware of the holiday and work issue. The hugging I don’t know for sure on, but that is a bit annoying isn’t it? So updates on where they are on fixing these haven’t happened but they are fixing them. We just have to wait it out until they do.

I am very sorry you still have a lot of issues. I know being patient when you want to play the game properly is hard. However, they are aware of almost all these issues from what I have seen on Twitter. They are most likely working on fixes for these issues. Of course it be nice to know when, but they are busy trying to fix the bugs and don’t always have time to update us which is understandable. Also this was a wonderful patch today and we should be grateful for what did get fixed, not what hasn’t been yet. The amount of patches coming out says they are working incredibly hard to fix bugs and issues within the game. I for one am happy when any bugs get fixed.

I would have a lot more patience if the patches we HAVE been getting didn't focus on such minor issues and new content... and if they would actually work harder on fixing the real bugs. But that's not what's happening.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Today marks the FOURTH patch since 'Seasons' was released... and yet, there are STILL major bugs that are being ignored! The developers aren't even at least ADDRESSING these bugs!

1) The bug that causes Sims to leave school/work early during a holiday when another Sim travels to a different lot.
    2) The bug that causes Sims to suddenly freeze and just sit/stand there, despite time progressing.
    4) The bug that causes Sims to teleport around the lot when performing certain tasks (such as washing the dishes).
    5) The bug that causes Sims to constantly stand up and hug each other whenever they try having a conversation (especially during meals).
    6) The bug that causes Sims to wear completely random accessories when at the spa.

These are just a few bugs that I can come up with from the top of my head... mostly because these are the ones that basically make the game impossible to fully enjoy... some even make the game unplayable! This is ridiculous... and this is the FOURTH patch since these bugs started occurring... and the developers won't even mention them at all!

The first one I listed literally makes a major feature that came with 'Seasons' useless and pointless... why give us the option to choose whether or not our Sims get to stay home from school/work during a holiday if they're just gonna end up coming home anyway!? Also, if you have 'Parenthood' installed, that makes this bug even worse! Because the children and teens lose responsibility whenever this happens!

The second one makes the game unplayable... the fact that our Sims will just randomly stand/sit there and not do anything is highly annoying. And there doesn't really seem to be many fixed (except for leaving the game and coming back in). The "resetSim" cheat won't even work.

The third one is probably a bug that I'll just stop trying to get them to fix... especially since they claim to have already done it, but it still happens anyway... whatever.

The fourth one doesn't necessarily make the game unplayable, but it definitely looks RIDICULOUS when it happens! Also, sometimes a Sim will drop everything they're doing. This especially happens when washing the dishes. Sometimes Sims will just drop them somewhere.

The fifth one makes the gameplay annoying and impossible to fully enjoy. We used to be able to make our Sims simply chat at the table during meals and stuff... but now each Sim literally needs to stand up and hug each other before doing so. This never happened before! It doesn't just happen during meals... it happens everywhere else as well.

The sixth one is more "minor", but still highly annoying. I certainly don't care for my Sims wearing completely ridiculous hats when they're at the spa... one of my Sims is defaulted to wearing the beekeeping hat when she wears a towel! She looks ridiculous! And it can't be changed... because technically the outfit "doesn't exist".

Instead of focusing on adding new content, I really wish the developers would start working on fixing these major bugs! Especially since they've been here for nearly two months... and with absolutely no signs of them being fixed at all! This is getting ANNOYING! I paid a lot of money for this game... I have the right to actually ENJOY the things I pay for! However, that's simply not possible when this game is filled with bugs.

For what it is worth there is a mod on Mod The Sims that stops the hugging. It was driving me insane. I had to turn off free will for meals and have my sims sit there in silence.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited August 2018
    Akl500P wrote: »

I would have a lot more patience if the patches we HAVE been getting didn't focus on such minor issues and new content... and if they would actually work harder on fixing the real bugs. But that's not what's happening.

I’m sorry no. You have no idea what they are working on!!! You are making a mass assumption that major things aren’t getting fixed and being worked on. Also the only MAJOR thing you mentioned is the freezing. The rest of those are annoyances not major. They fixed bugs today that may be major to some people. And all bugs are real bugs!!!! Don’t be rude because what is wrong with YOUR game wasn’t fixed. I was just trying to help.

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Ah, but you aren't saying anything about freezing in winter during athletic activities outdoors! That's at least one problematic bug taken care of. Personally on my end, I've only experienced 3, 4, and 6. Third was when I was on a modded game though, so I haven't experienced it yet on unmodded; fourth has occurred here and there; sixth is variable, and it's not just at spas, it's with anything that involves switching to a towel as well, like taking showers at gyms.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    edited August 2018
    First off, I REALLY LOVE THE NEW UPDATE AND PATCH !! It seems like the first time in a long while that they added some real interesting (and carribean) stuff as far as clothes, makeup, and décor goes. The less mods I need when it comes to style options, the better. Yet, as mentioned in some of the posts, I wish they would also fix a some of the issues brought up in thread. For example, though I only experience few of the bugs mentioned by OP,I also wish they would do away with the leaf piles since they always become a problem with odor and look terrible in screenshots. If they are working on that, great. Overall, the two biggest patches would probably be if they could simply improve the way players can navigate their Sim altogether and stop the game from pausing every now and then, throughout gameplay.
    Post edited by MsKatieRose on
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self