Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Major Bugs Fixed in Latest Patch?!

Players have been complaining about teleporting since the Seasons patch. Why is it still not fixed? Leaf piles, pets queuing actions like crazy, gardening (birds of paradise not growing at all) and even simulation lag were not addressed in this patch. I understand that some bugs will take longer to fix, but the fact that we know some bugs will never be fixed has me a bit on edge. These are some pretty major bugs and they do affect gameplay quite a bit. Some of these bugs make playing the game so frustrating that you don’t even want to play with certain features at all, i.e. pets.

I appreciate the new CAS & furniture items - but yeah. I really want to see these major bugs fixed.
Check out my tumblr @ http://www.thesimsboi.tumblr.com

Origin ID: TheSimsBoi13
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheSimsBoi

Comments

• Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    They fixed the blurry screenshot bug though. That bug made the game unplayable for me and many others who rely on screenshots for their stories.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    They started to fix the retail bug which is great. Sadly, in my game restocking by the shop owners is still for free.
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    They fixed the blurry screenshot bug though. That bug made the game unplayable for me and many others who rely on screenshots for their stories.

Blurry screenshots were sending me insane, I couldn't play my Goth family
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    TheSimsBoi13TheSimsBoi13 Posts: 810 Member

Yes, I’m glad that’s fixed.
    They started to fix the retail bug which is great. Sadly, in my game restocking by the shop owners is still for free.

I’m glad that’s fixed as well, but it would’ve been nice to see teleporting gone or the leaf piles or something. Ugh I’m frustrated. Sorry.
    Check out my tumblr @ http://www.thesimsboi.tumblr.com

Origin ID: TheSimsBoi13
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheSimsBoi
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member

Yes, I’m glad that’s fixed.

I’m glad that’s fixed as well, but it would’ve been nice to see teleporting gone or the leaf piles or something. Ugh I’m frustrated. Sorry.

They have also fixed people from freezing to death in their athletic wear. That was a huge problem for most people.
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    They also haven't fixed the bug that causes Sims to come home from work/school early during a holiday if you have another Sim travel to a different lot... and that bug literally makes a 'Seasons' feature useless. There's no point in having the choice of letting our Sims stay home from work/school during a holiday if they're just gonna come home anyway.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited August 2018
    I am glad and thankful that they fixed the screenshot bug, at least I can play again now. However, they really need to fix the non-interactive sims bug and the teleporting sims bug. At least until the non-interactive sims bug is fixed, I will be holding off on purchasing any new content for the TS4 as this bug is really ruining the game by making the sims themselves lifeless. Without the sims being lively and fun like they used to be, I just see no point in adding new stuff where sims are just gonna continue taking that lifelessness into the new content such as new worlds, lot types, etc.
  • Options
    Quel05Quel05 Posts: 4 New Member
    This one is not a big issue, I'm just wondering if anyone else is experiencing their sims no longer need to do their work task. It always says complete for me.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Quel05 wrote: »
    This one is not a big issue, I'm just wondering if anyone else is experiencing their sims no longer need to do their work task. It always says complete for me.

Hello @Quel05
    If your sims have the responsible trait, their work task will be automatically completed
  • Options
    Quel05Quel05 Posts: 4 New Member
    @rosemow oh cool, I did not know that. Thank you!
  • Options
    vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    I still have major simulation lag, FPS drops, (yes, I am above the rec. requirements, yes I have removed my Mods and I have posted on AHQ too) and the teleporting is also infuriating. They need to look at restaurants and cafes as well, they are extremely bugged right now.

These are the actual game breaking issues, I haven't even seen them be addressed yet (I could have missed it, so please tell me I am wrong!) and some people don't seem to have these issues at all so I'm not holding my breath for a fix any time soon.

I can't even play to enjoy the new items. :cry:
    2UFyFUV.png

• Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    vikixc wrote: »
    I still have major simulation lag, FPS drops, (yes, I am above the rec. requirements, yes I have removed my Mods and I have posted on AHQ too) and the teleporting is also infuriating. They need to look at restaurants and cafes as well, they are extremely bugged right now.

These are the actual game breaking issues, I haven't even seen them be addressed yet (I could have missed it, so please tell me I am wrong!) and some people don't seem to have these issues at all so I'm not holding my breath for a fix any time soon.

I’m so sorry you are having these issues!!! I think they are looking at simulation lag, especially in high end computers. I know simgurunick tweeted a while back that they had found some common themes with simulation lag because it’s a very common issue. They are working on it for sure because it shouldn’t a problem like it is and they know that. I don’t know when it will be fixed but I wanted to let you know that :).

Also just double checking have you repaired your game through origin? And sometimes turning off origin in game helps as well.

Hope your game gets to working soon. It’s not fun not being able to play the game!
  • Options
    vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    vikixc wrote: »

I’m so sorry you are having these issues!!! I think they are looking at simulation lag, especially in high end computers. I know simgurunick tweeted a while back that they had found some common themes with simulation lag because it’s a very common issue. They are working on it for sure because it shouldn’t a problem like it is and they know that. I don’t know when it will be fixed but I wanted to let you know that :).

Also just double checking have you repaired your game through origin? And sometimes turning off origin in game helps as well.

Hope your game gets to working soon. It’s not fun not being able to play the game!

Thanks, it is good to know that they are aware.

I repair my game regularly and I keep Origin turned off, it doesn't make a difference. I think I have tried every fix out there even running in windowed mode, it is up to the Gurus to get it sorted now, I have done everything possible on my end.
    2UFyFUV.png