Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I have two problems, looking for ideas on what are the causes?

My first problem is this:

In my game I am playing several different households, and have noticed that sometimes when I leave a household, and come back everything in their personal inventory is completely GONE, and it will be that way for everyone who lives in that household. The fridge will still have what was in it, such as left overs and vegetation that was grown in the garden. Normally this would not bother me, but this last time my sims lost their whole collection of snow globes, plasma packs (those can be quite costly to replace), and a few other important things that are not cheap to replace.

My second problem and this one is much much worse.

I am having problems with this one sim who keeps getting deleted from the game every time I take her household into CAS to change their outfits. The first time it happened I thought I might have accidentally deleted her, but when it happened a second time, I knew something was up. So far this has happened 3 times with this one sim. So far I've only had this happen with this one sim, and no one else.

Comments

• jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    When stuff happens I do two things I repair my game and I take out my mods and try the game without if it does the same without mods then it's not mods but if you have no mods repair game may help. @rosemow is good wth these kinds of things she has helped me alot
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello
    With the first issue, try seeing if the items may be in the household inventory .
    If it isn’t there, you may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Items-collected-in-personal-inventory-are/m-p/6772837#M62099

With the second issue, try evicting the Sims household. Then move them back into their original home and see if the issue remains.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Thank you @rosemow I'll try those out. :)
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    As for the 2nd issue, the household is not larger than 8 sims is it? Cause with households larger than 8, you cant take them into cas or a sim will be deleted.
    p8L4V6v.png
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    As for the 2nd issue, the household is not larger than 8 sims is it? Cause with households larger than 8, you cant take them into cas or a sim will be deleted.

There are only 4 sims in the household, mom, dad, and twin toddlers.
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    That must be frustrating to lose that stuff. If you can't find out what is causing it, and get it fixed, you might try storing the stuff in one of the treasure chests that were added to the game with a patch. I would guess they're in the Storage category. They work similar to the fridge, but can't keep food fresh, but I'm hoping since the fridges haven't been affected, maybe these won't either. They're not quite as handy as the Personal Inventory, but at least you can access them without going into Build Mode. If I were you, I might try putting everything in there before rotating away.
    That must be frustrating to lose that stuff. If you can't find out what is causing it, and get it fixed, you might try storing the stuff in one of the treasure chests that were added to the game with a patch. I would guess they're in the Storage category. They work similar to the fridge, but can't keep food fresh, but I'm hoping since the fridges haven't been affected, maybe these won't either. They're not quite as handy as the Personal Inventory, but at least you can access them without going into Build Mode. If I were you, I might try putting everything in there before rotating away.

I could never figure out what was going in that game save, but fortunately, it was only an issue in that game save, none of my others have done that.
  • Voldarian_EmpireVoldarian_Empire Posts: 134 Member
    I never had this happen I am only just getting into the whole multiple household thing but it scares me to think I could lose my voidcritters...omg what would be the point in living if my limited edition foil canis was gone?
    I never had this happen I am only just getting into the whole multiple household thing but it scares me to think I could lose my voidcritters...omg what would be the point in living if my limited edition foil canis was gone?

One thing you can do to protect your precious collection would be to set them up in a room on a shelf, well several shelves, and then save the room to your library. I have done this in the past to keep things I don't want to lose.
  • Voldarian_EmpireVoldarian_Empire Posts: 134 Member
    Yeah that's a great point...but I know me....I'd be playing with my favorite cards and forget they were in my inventory and then they'd be gone
    Yeah that's a great point...but I know me....I'd be playing with my favorite cards and forget they were in my inventory and then they'd be gone

That's the beauty of it, once you save the room, you can just put everything back into your sim's personal inventory. The other would be just for safe keeping.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i've been having this happen at random times in a handful of households in my main save. of course, it's always the households that have tons of stuff, which is probably what causes...whatever causes it. and, i rarely even remember half of what they had. mostly not bothered by losing rocks and fish and fruit and such, though. it's the occasional fully upgraded simray and especially the paintings and/or photographs that bother me. and it's usually just one or two sims in the household, not the whole household. which makes it even weirder
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Sometimes saves can get corrupted so another thing to keep in mind is to use the "save as" feature once in a while instead of just clicking "save". Rename the new save so you know which one it is, and then play your game from that the next time you load up. I remember reading that using the "save as" feature can help refresh a save. Once you get used to playing the new one, delete the original when you're ready. But always back up your saves folder just in case.

I find another thing that causes problems in save files is the localthumbcache file in the Sims 4 folder. If you've ever added or removed mods from your mods folder, you'll need to delete this file. And this means even if you just throw in one piece of custom content or remove a single thing, make sure to delete that file. For some reason, it links to cc and gets corrupted if you change things around in your mods folder. I've gotten into the habit of deleting this file every time I restart the game, just in case. But I use loads of cc.

Good luck, I hope you get things running smoothly. :)
    #Team Occult
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I just noticed items gone from inventory when loading up my game today. I lost three tombstones (one was left) and had to recover the save because of that. I play rotationally, but I didn't rotate so it was not the cause. I suspect the inventory got cleared while the sim was at work and her children spent time on a community lot. I have had this happen once before when visiting a community lot.
  • Familyvalues23Familyvalues23 Posts: 47 Member
    I hope this gets figured out.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I had this too, in my case I reverted to a previous save and it was fine, also, it was caused by two things: me travelling to another lot and al LE upon arriving I've yet to track down. As for the disappearing sim, have you tried the walk in closet? cause it brings you to another kind of cas, that's also the only way to edit a sim if you have more than 8 sims, so maybe you will at least be able to edit what you want.
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    edited September 2018
    Hi @LaBlue0314 I've had to move this from General Discussion into the Help Center. We've archived the Help Center a few weeks ago though. This announcement from @EA_Mage will expand on the why's. Please recreate this thread over on Answers HQ in the Sims section under Bugs and Game Issues
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top