Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Families are being generated in my game already married. The relations are upsetting. solved

CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
I don't know why this is happening I wish I knew.. hut as you can see the game is generating adult male sims married to toddlers and they have kids witch are toddlers.. Its disturbing

I don't have any mods that would do that..I have mccommand center but I contacted the creator and he said it wasn't his mod.

...and I have sent several messages for help with this problem and no answers.. its been at least a month.. I'm tired of them being generated in manage households.

{EA_Lanna: Edited title to be more tailored to the issue. Also merging duplicate thread and post below by the OP, into here to add more context for readers}
Post edited by CrazyboutTheSims on

Comments

• foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    I’m confused; romantic relationships involving children are entirely off-limits in the game’s code - off-limits to the point where creating a relationship just between two children isn’t even possible with mods, AFAIK. So I assume that isn’t what’s going on in your case, though you should correct me if I’m wrong.

Romantic relationships between teens and YA/adults ARE possible with the right mods. If you have any mods that allow for those sorts of relationships, I can guarantee you it’s almost certain the mod is the culprit. Removing said mod should stop more of these households from being generated.

Otherwise, you’re going to have to elaborate on what the issue is. You didn’t really explain, so I’m sorta just guessing here.
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec
  • irishfinoirishfino Posts: 73 Member
    do you have mods in your game?
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    that is kinda small maybe this one is better

P97i7oe.jpg
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited August 2018
    Edit: Okay I think it says WIFE next to the toddler? Probably a bug or something.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    irishfino wrote: »
    do you have mods in your game?

This. Are you playing mod-free?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    Oh. Hmm. I don't think I have this in my game at all. As far as I'm concerned, of course. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    Strange, I’ve never seen anything like that before. If you don’t have any mods that could somehow cause this, I’d say you should go post this in the bug reports.
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs < go to this forum and start a post. from what i understand, the bug report subforum here, at thesims.com, will be phased out and all bug reports should be reported on EA AHQ.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    I have been so upset about this.. Sorry I didn't explain.. I don't know why this is happening I wish I knew.. hut as you can see the game is generating adult male sims married to toddlers and they have kids witch are toddlers.. Its disturbing
    I don't have any mods that would do that..I have mccommand center but I contacted the creator and he said it wasn't his mod

What are the other mods you use?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Sometimes mods can cause issues that it doesn't appear they could possibly cause. The only way to be sure is to test a vanilla game and see if the problem still occurs. But I'd imagine we'd have heard a lot more about this if it were a vanilla issue.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    here are a list of the mods I use in my game if anyone can tell me if one of these has caused this problem I would greatly appreciate it..

XuhRGvV.jpg
  • XxJoshuaSimxXXxJoshuaSimxX Posts: 63 Member
    here are a list of the mods I use in my game if anyone can tell me if one of these has caused this problem I would greatly appreciate it..

XuhRGvV.jpg

u should get windows 10
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue occurs in that new save game.
    Exit the game after testing and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • XxJoshuaSimxXXxJoshuaSimxX Posts: 63 Member
    this must be a bug. you should probably report it
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    edited August 2018
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Exit the game after testing and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

Then test again to see if the issue remains. Resetting the sims 4 folder may help to stop the issue occurring.

Mods may though be causing this to happen.

Repairing the game may also help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

XuhRGvV.jpg

no one can tell you which mod or mods would be causing the issue. you will have to uninstall /all/ of your mods then add them back into the game one at a time until you can replicate the error. once you have replicated the error, you'll have a list of mods to start with.

as far as i know, ea won't help you with any mods causing potential issues in your game as it's not their coding nor responsibility.
    rosemow wrote: »

I'm going to try that and play a vanilla game.
  • OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member

I'm going to try that and play a vanilla game.

I hope that helps you. I wouldn't want that occurring either.

XuhRGvV.jpg

no one can tell you which mod or mods would be causing the issue. you will have to uninstall /all/ of your mods then add them back into the game one at a time until you can replicate the error. once you have replicated the error, you'll have a list of mods to start with.

as far as i know, ea won't help you with any mods causing potential issues in your game as it's not their coding nor responsibility.

I don't expect ea or anyone to help me with mods..but I was asked if I used mods and what they are..

Then test again to see if the issue remains. Resetting the sims 4 folder may help to stop the issue occurring.

Mods may though be causing this to happen.

Repairing the game may also help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

@rosemow thanks I have tried repairing my game several times and it still happens..

XuhRGvV.jpg

I don't expect ea or anyone to help me with mods..but I was asked if I used mods and what they are..

you were asked if you used mods because mods fundamentally alter the game. this alteration causes issues outside of a normal bug with the game. this is one of the first questions you will be asked every time you encounter a bug.

a list of mods was not asked for because all testing has to be on your end.
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    How do you even get your game to generate toddlers? My game never generates families with toddlers.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

XuhRGvV.jpg

I don't see a mod that would cause it and if you asked what mods they have can't you tell them which one would be causing it? Just because there isn't a coding for that to happen its a game so its possible it can happen. They are just asking for help what mod would be causing it they aren't asking EA to take responsibility if its caused by a mod but it would be if they did vanilla and its still happening.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    How do you even get your game to generate toddlers? My game never generates families with toddlers.

I don't really know.. I thought everyone's game generated families with toddlers..