Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help! Can't Delete Guitars Stuck in San Myshuno!

SO, for the longest time, I've had two guitars abandoned in San Myshuno (Spice Market Neighborhood) that I simply cannot get rid of no matter what fix I try. So far I've:

Debugged them
Set them as Head so I could reset on a lot where I could delete them(for some reason this just duplicates the guitars rather than picking them up)
Tried having a Klepto sim swipe them (there's no option to swipe these two guitars, even though there's an option to swipe the exact same guitar on the community lot...)
Waited for them to disappear on their own... (They don't. Unlike the dishes/trash that occasionally get left around, the guitars don't vanish after a while. They've been stuck there for at least two season cycles.)

I'm at my wit's end! Does anyone else have any other ideas on how to fix this issue? The EA Help Desk thread on this issue has been marked as "Fixed" but none of the fixes listed in there have worked for me.

I'm at the point now that I'm willing to reset the neighborhood(s) if I have to, but I'm not sure how to do that without just starting over from scratch. Is there a way to reset the neighborhoods to fix this issue without just starting a whole new game?

I've even thought of simply starting a new game but I've got 33 families that I'd want to export into the new game--not to mention all the houses I've built and community lots I've remodeled! PLUS, doing so means I'd lose all relationships between households, correct? So any parents of young adults that have moved out would be total strangers in a brand new game if I imported their households separately, right?

AND, every sim that's reached level 10 in their careers would be unemployed in the new game and they'd start at a lower level if I employed them all again in the new game, right? Does that same thing happen for skills--starting over at zero--when you import a previously played household/sim into a new game?

I know I could use cheats to go in and edit all the relationships and career levels (maybe even skill levels), but many of my 33 households have between 2-8 people, so that would take forever! I'd really like to avoid that if I can!

So far I've just been ignoring those guitars, but I've had several game crashes lately now too (seems to be related to editing/saving game-created, unplayed sims that have relationships with played sims), so I'm thinking resetting the neighborhoods/game might be a good idea? I don't know.

Any thoughts on how to get rid of those guitars? And if resetting/starting a fresh game IS the best/only way to do it, what's the best way to minimize the amount of work it'll take to transport all my sims/buildings/edited non-played sims into my new game as-is?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Comments