Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want a cheap PC to run Sims 4 in Ultra High

matheus_mar_1999matheus_mar_1999 Posts: 105 Member
edited August 2018 in PC - Technical Discussions
Hi, guys!

I need to purchase a new PC, because mine is really old and buggy. I'm trying to find a good setup to run The Sims 4 in Ultra High, but I don't understand a thing about it. :neutral:
My budget is $600, and I also prefer AMD CPUs, but it's okay if you recommend an Intel one. :smiley:

Comments

• MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    What is your budget?
  • matheus_mar_1999matheus_mar_1999 Posts: 105 Member
    Minai wrote: »
    What is your budget?

Oh, it didn't send the full post. :neutral:
    It's $600.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2018
    What country you live in? I am going to be honest and say $600 is a low budget.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • matheus_mar_1999matheus_mar_1999 Posts: 105 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Brazil :neutral:
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Brazil :neutral:

Do you now any online places in Brazil? I believe computers are more expensive south of the border. Do you know anyone in the USA that can ship you a computer? I don't know what your import fees would be etc. You would still need more than $600 USD for a computer in the USA
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    edited August 2018
    Are you ablee to build your own?

I have an AMD fx6300. (This is for sale on eBuyer for about £50 now) I wouldn't bother with the 8 core version, I haven't noticed much difference between them.

Radeon 280x (Do not buy from eBay, most are mined to death.) I bought one for £97

And my motherboard is an MSI 970 gaming. Also purchased for around £90

I purchased all of this for about £250.

I have 10GB of Corsair RAM, I used to have 14 but one stick decided to die.

It is kinda old but I foud it to be a reliable system. I run the Sims 4 on Ultra, I can run GTA 5 on high settings too.
    2UFyFUV.png