Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Game Wont Update

Hey Simmers!
So since the last update (31. July 2018), my game don't wont to update.
I use Origin and normally I don't have an issue with updating my game.
But now it won't let me update my game and says that the issue is my internet connection. But my internet connection is perfectly fine. I tried restarting my computer, I tried using that 'repair' option but it won't let me do that either, I removed all my mods, but it still won't let me update my game.

So I just wanna ask what to do?

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Please try the following:

1) Move your Sims 4 folder to your Desktop. DO NOT DELETE IT! This is where all your saved games/CC/Mods are currently. Move the entire folder not just your Mods folder.
    2) Start up Origin. Make sure the Automatic Updates is off and see if it will allow you to update Origin first. If it does, then you should be safe to patch Sims 4. If it is still giving you the Internet connection message, check to see if your internet is working. If so, it could be that there may be a lot of traffic on Origin at that time.
    3) Start up Sims 4 and allow the game to generate a new folder. You can move your CC/Mods back later.
    4) Start up a new game, remember that your saved games are not present and play for about an hour or so to make sure the normal game play is working.
    5) You can now add back your Mods folder, the saved games.

Check back here and update please.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.