Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this PC any good?

Hello

For Sims 4 (all addons and all addons still coming ;) )

I'm not so sure about the graphic card. Would be great if someone can advise me :*

BwlFacy.png

Sul Sul!
On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
Thanks for stopping by! 👋

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    It meets requirements to run the game
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    If you can find something with a i5 8400 or 8600 for cheaper then go with it as the i7 is a little overkill for the game.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• bob2424bob2424 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, sorry I don't mean to take over your thread, but I'm a new member and can't post a new thread yet.

Does anyone know if this laptop will work with reasonable graphics and frame rate?:

DELL Inspiron 5000 15.6" Intel® Core™ i7 GTX 1050M Gaming Laptop - 1 TB HDD & 128 GB SSD

Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ Processor
    RAM: 8 GB / Storage: 1 TB HDD & 128 GB SSD
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050M 4 GB

(sorry not able to post a link yet)
  • 1Urban_Simmer1Urban_Simmer Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm a huge simmer and have been playing since sims bustin' out. I recently got a new laptop around this time last year, its an Acer Aspire ES 15, the specs are:

Windows 10 (64 bit)
    Intel Core i3-7100U CPU @2.40 Ghz
    8.0GB RAM
    Intel HD Graphics 620 up to 4158 MB Dynamic Video Memory
    1000 GB HDD

The settings in my game are all on low and I play with laptop mod on and post processing effects and uncompressed sim textures off. My Resolution is set at the highest it can go in fullscreen, my refresh rate is set to default and V-sync is on. I also have all EP's, GP's, SP's and free content installed.

So my question is, is the game worth playing with the information i provided, and what kind of damage can i cause to my PC By playing? Also, how can I speed up my game? I am playing with scripts mods/cc but its very minimal and even playing the game vanilla its a bit slow
  • RoseFrostRoseFrost Posts: 105 Member
    > @bob2424 said:
    > Hi, sorry I don't mean to take over your thread, but I'm a new member and can't post a new thread yet.
    >
    > Does anyone know if this laptop will work with reasonable graphics and frame rate?:
    >
    > DELL Inspiron 5000 15.6" Intel® Core™ i7 GTX 1050M Gaming Laptop - 1 TB HDD & 128 GB SSD
    >
    > Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ Processor
    > RAM: 8 GB / Storage: 1 TB HDD & 128 GB SSD
    > Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050M 4 GB
    >
    > (sorry not able to post a link yet)

If you aren't sure if your computer is able to run a game, then the website 'Can You RUN It' could help you:

Once you have opened the website, you need to choose the game you are interested into (in this case The Sims 4) and then allow the program to check your computer quality. After that it will let you know if your system meets the minimum requirements and then recommended requirements. In my case my computer reaches only the minimum requirements yet I can play The Sims 4 just fine.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    RoseFrost wrote: »
    > @bob2424 said:
    > Hi, sorry I don't mean to take over your thread, but I'm a new member and can't post a new thread yet.
    >
    > Does anyone know if this laptop will work with reasonable graphics and frame rate?:
    >
    > DELL Inspiron 5000 15.6" Intel® Core™ i7 GTX 1050M Gaming Laptop - 1 TB HDD & 128 GB SSD
    >
    > Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ Processor
    > RAM: 8 GB / Storage: 1 TB HDD & 128 GB SSD
    > Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050M 4 GB
    >
    > (sorry not able to post a link yet)

If you aren't sure if your computer is able to run a game, then the website 'Can You RUN It' could help you:

Once you have opened the website, you need to choose the game you are interested into (in this case The Sims 4) and then allow the program to check your computer quality. After that it will let you know if your system meets the minimum requirements and then recommended requirements. In my case my computer reaches only the minimum requirements yet I can play The Sims 4 just fine.

A lot of times people posting these questions are looking to buy these computers and therefore can't use programs like that.

And even then, those programs aren't something I would use to judge whether a computer can play something or not. Just like what you've experienced with your computer what the site says about its ability to play the game.
  • Blk_Simmer1stBlk_Simmer1st Posts: 5 New Member
    Hey Guys, sorry for posting my question here...but I kinda have nowhere else to post as I'm new.
    I've been a fan of the sims 4 for sometime now but have waited until more contents were added before buying the game. I'm familiar with the system requirements for the game and I've selected a laptop that should play the game. Its the HP Notebook i5-Bs010nb. The specs for this is great for the game but I'm wondering what the maximum graphic settings that I'm able to run it on that laptop without glitches. I've selected that computer because its in my budget. Its also a 1600x900.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Hey Guys, sorry for posting my question here...but I kinda have nowhere else to post as I'm new.
    I've been a fan of the sims 4 for sometime now but have waited until more contents were added before buying the game. I'm familiar with the system requirements for the game and I've selected a laptop that should play the game. Its the HP Notebook i5-Bs010nb. The specs for this is great for the game but I'm wondering what the maximum graphic settings that I'm able to run it on that laptop without glitches. I've selected that computer because its in my budget. Its also a 1600x900.

If possible please post some specs. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    17.3 "HD + SVA Anti-reflective WLED backlit laptop
    Intel i5-7200U processor
    12 Gb internal memory
    1 Tb Hard Disk, Dropbox, 128 Gb SSD and DVD writer
    2 GB AMD Radeon 520 Graphics video card
    Bluetooth 4.2 combo and webcam
    Windows 10
    17.3 "HD + SVA Anti-reflective WLED backlit laptop
    Intel i5-7200U processor
    12 Gb internal memory
    1 Tb Hard Disk, Dropbox, 128 Gb SSD and DVD writer
    2 GB AMD Radeon 520 Graphics video card
    Bluetooth 4.2 combo and webcam
    Windows 10

This does not meet requirements to run the game. It's a very low end laptop for general use only and not for gaming. This game requires a mid range gaming desktop. Laptop hardware is weaker than desktop hardware. You need a more powerful laptop to meet the game's requirements on desktop.

On laptop you need specs below

Video Card : Nvidia GTX 1050, 1050 ti or 1060

Processor intel quad core for gaming. These intel processors will end in HQ, MQ or H

8gb computer ram

500 gb hard drive space or more
    Ok thanks...could you at least point me in the direction of a good one then? Ts4 is the only game that will be played on it as well as my college work.
    Ok thanks...could you at least point me in the direction of a good one then? Ts4 is the only game that will be played on it as well as my college work.

@Blk_Simmer1st What country are you in?
    I'm Jamaican
    @Blk_Simmer1 I would take the computer spec info below to a computer store near you. I would not know where to shop in Jamaica . ;) I would love to go there though. I love Jamaican food :p

On laptop you need specs below

Video Card : Nvidia GTX 1050, 1050 ti or 1060

Processor intel quad core for gaming. i5 or i7 . These intel processors will end in HQ, MQ or H

8gb computer ram

500 gb hard drive space or more [/quote]