Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

gallery freezing game after patch Solved

CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
If I open the gallery and highlight anything it freezes my game and have to use ctrl alt delete to end the game.. anyone noticed this or have had this problem since the patch?
Post edited by CrazyboutTheSims on

Comments

• SantanaRedSantanaRed Posts: 2 New Member
    Yup, happens to me too. A Patch is supposed to improve the game right? Well this one doesn't :/ Wonder how long it'll take EA to fix this MAJOR issue.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    That's ironic... I'm sorry, but I find this laughable. Not because your game isn't working correctly... it's just the fact that they literally hyped everyone up for a "big update", which turned out to be all about the gallery... and they even had a live stream about it... lol And the major part of the update that they hyped everyone for isn't even working properly.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    edited July 2018
    Same for me too! It works fine to scroll around, but if I look at something (then hit the x to close it again), it just greys out the screen and I have to force close the game. :|

Update: mine works fine now after removing the UI cheats extension mod
  • foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    Lol my game broke completely
    No sim visible in CAS and also the gallery thing
    Startup Loading time got weird too

And it also crashed
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I had just watched the live stream and was excited to use the new features in the gallery... :(
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    Same for me too! It works fine to scroll around, but if I look at something (then hit the x to close it again), it just greys out the screen and I have to force close the game. :|

Good to know. I tried downloading a house into an empty lot from gallery and my game froze, I had to do a hard reboot, loaded sims, tried again and froze again. I'll try removing UI cheats mod as well. blah
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member

Just wanted to write exactly this! I also removed UI cheats extension and it works again. Man, as much as I like this mod, it's constantly breaking my game as soon as a bigger update comes around :D
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    edited July 2018
    The UI Cheats Extension mod did break again with the patch. :|
    oh thanks so much @Kita5399 I have that mod..I'll take it out till its updated..
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »

Just wanted to write exactly this! I also removed UI cheats extension and it works again. Man, as much as I like this mod, it's constantly breaking my game as soon as a bigger update comes around :D

No problem @CrazyboutTheSims!

Yes UI Cheats is always the first one I remove after problems with an update, it’s the only mod I really don’t like playing without as well (unfortunately).
    edited July 2018
    I feel so stupid.. I didn't think to check my mods.. I should remember by now. :/

@Kita5399 I'm so attached to that mod its hard to not have it..He is usually pretty fast to update though.
    I feel so stupid.. I didn't think to check my mods.. I should remember by now. :/

@Kita5399 I'm so attached to that mod its hard to not have it..He is usually pretty fast to update though.

No worries, I think we all forget at some point :)
    It has been reported in the mod comments, so I’m sure he’ll fix it soon.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I was having this problem too but it was caused by the UI Cheats Extension mod. Once I removed it, it went back to normal.
    @lexus20 lol a few of us use the UI Cheats Extendion and had the same problem... glad someone found the problem :p
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Was there ever a patch that didn’t break that UI Cheats Extension mod? Lol what’s the deal
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Was there ever a patch that didn’t break that UI Cheats Extension mod? Lol what’s the deal

The only idea I have is that updates like this, as well as the seasons update, changed the UI in some way, like this time the gallery and with seasons the calendar. That's the only logical explanation I have :|
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

I guess the mod is pretty unstable in terms of changes from patches.

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »

Good to know. I tried downloading a house into an empty lot from gallery and my game froze, I had to do a hard reboot, loaded sims, tried again and froze again. I'll try removing UI cheats mod as well. blah

I saved some lots to my Library for future placement, and had no issues other than my game disconnecting while I was working but that happened before the update; my Internet doesn't play well with Sims 4. :/ No crashing or freezing here.

Note: if it's UI Cheats that's an issue, might want to drop a note at MTS (I'll do that after this post) so a hotfix can be released.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • irishluck1986irishluck1986 Posts: 309 Member
    same here! Was just going to post this.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    There seems to be an issue with UI Cheats Extension and the Gallery -- weerbesu is aware and working on a fix. I had the issue when I had UI Cheats installed, removed it and the Gallery/game was fine for me.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    If I open the gallery and highlight anything it freezes my game and have to use ctrl alt delete to end the game.. anyone noticed this or have had this problem since the patch?

Check your mods, guys. The UI mod is broken and I'm not sure what else is.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    UI Cheats Extension has an update now.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • YokoOnnaYokoOnna Posts: 9 New Member
    I've had the gallery freeze on me a couple of times. I imagine it'll take some time for the bugs to be ironed out. Plus, I also think a lot of people are accessing the gallery right now.
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    AOM's Wrench Icon Hiders also alters the UI so remove that after patching or the gallery will look very odd.
    iscQh5U.png
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited August 2018
    I am having the same issues. I get up a house or something I want to download, and after that it won't let me get out of it. It freezes everything. Has anyone found a solution to this as yet? @rosemow?