Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone have issue before were PC locks up while in build mode?

Its first time this has happened to me and I am boiling over right now with anger... I was building a community lot, 2 hours into the build nothing saved my PC hard locked up. I had to hold down power button because everything was hard locked. My PC is pretty basic, I don't go to crazy sites, I don't have virus, I don't have anything crazy on my computer. I only have 4 video games installed on my PC everything else is what came with windows. I have a lot of free space on my hard drive because as I said I install nothing, only thing I do on this PC is play few games I own and everything is up to date. No custom content at all, haven't used custom content since early days of sims 3.

devils canyon i5 4690k
16gbs ddr3
maximus hero vii motherboard
PNY 1060 6gbs gpu
500gbs SSD I am barely using 100gbs
24" monitor typical 1080p
windows 10

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    Hello.
    I am sorry that your computer locked up and you lost your progress on your build :( That isn’t good at all!
    Perhaps your computer may have overheated? Or dust in the computer may have caused the issue.
    If it is the first time that it occurred, it may have been a random glitch that occured.
    Try seeing if it occcurs again. I hope that you don’t have this issue occur again though.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Yea I learned the hard way to save my builds every half hour. its a bother but worth it, sometimes building can stress out your computer and it needs a break. I have built for hours and hours and then that happens, I just say forget about it. It never happened. just shake it out and let it go. start again another day.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2018
    I have had this happen to me 3 times now. I deleted all my origin data and repaired my game too. So far so good....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    Hi,
    I was building a community lot, 2 hours into the build nothing saved my PC hard locked up. I had to hold down power button because everything was hard locked.
    As you have an Intel i5 4690k processor, the following page from the Intel website may be of particular interest:
    My PC has an Intel Core i5/i7 processor and is randomly freezing, shutting down, or resetting while running the game.
    https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-23517
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!