Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maybe I Don’t Want A Family To Celebrate A Holiday

Why do they still have to get that sad buff and the notification talking about they had an awful holiday? Maybe I intentionally don’t want them to participate? Maybe I only want 1 person in the family to celebrate it but not the rest. That wouldn’t mean the guy had an awful holiday. It means he didn’t celebrate it.

I’m not sure how they could fix this but I think it needs to be checked into.

Comments

• Options
    RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    Yeah there should be an option to akip a holiday once without it being deleted. It could just be an arrow next to the delete button so we dont have to remake the whole holiday
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I don't like the calendar so I delete all the holidays.. I would like it if it didn't have all those things you have to do for it
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Why do they still have to get that sad buff and the notification talking about they had an awful holiday? Maybe I intentionally don’t want them to participate? Maybe I only want 1 person in the family to celebrate it but not the rest. That wouldn’t mean the guy had an awful holiday. It means he didn’t celebrate it.

I’m not sure how they could fix this but I think it needs to be checked into.

Yeah, I kinda wish they'd included a way so that 'we' could choose if our sim followed certain traditions or not. Like, not all teenagers would want to skip the grand diner tradition.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Totally agree! The sad buff doesn't last forever, but it makes no sense when playing on rotation, that every household you enter the day after a holiday will be sad... It's not like I played them on the holiday day, and it's perhaps even a custom holiday, like OP stated, not the entire household will be interested in. Why would a toddler or child be sad for having a bad "Business Workers' Protest Day"-holiday?

The better solution would probably be to just let the sad buff last shorter, or allow our sims to buy (and store) "I couldn't care less about that holiday" mixture that will remove that mood buff.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    I wish we could personalize what our sims enjoy in regards to holidays/holiday traditions.

Agreed and definitely this. I don't like that by default all teens don't celebrate certain traditions. It was a nice feature in retrospect but it would make a little more sense if this was connected to traits or such. It really would have helped with giving our Sims some variety.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    @CrazyboutTheSims You can delete the traditions
  • Options
    PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    I’m not sure but if you click on different sims you can see their face and the tasks they need to complete for the holiday. Try clicking the x button on the sim you don’t want to participate?

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I’m not sure but if you click on different sims you can see their face and the tasks they need to complete for the holiday. Try clicking the x button on the sim you don’t want to participate?

But that will make the whole household ignore the holiday. However if you click on that x button it shouldn't delete the whole holiday on the calendar either like someone else said. I'm pretty sure that part wasn't intended.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    I agree with everyone else, but I would also add that I wish if they loved a tradition that they would seek to do it on their own. There is no autonomy in holidays which is the bummer part. Clubs have autonomy and do those things. I wish they were more like clubs in that regard.
  • Options
    I agree with everyone else, but I would also add that I wish if they loved a tradition that they would seek to do it on their own. There is no autonomy in holidays which is the bummer part. Clubs have autonomy and do those things. I wish they were more like clubs in that regard.

Actually, I've had my own Sims as I was playing them at least autonomously participate on surprise holidays...
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

Actually, I've had my own Sims as I was playing them at least autonomously participate on surprise holidays...

When that Neighborhood Brawl holiday pops up they will autonomously fight each other. But that’s all I’ve noticed.

And yea if a Sim loves a tradition then they should autonomously do that action.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

When that Neighborhood Brawl holiday pops up they will autonomously fight each other. But that’s all I’ve noticed.

And yea if a Sim loves a tradition then they should autonomously do that action.
    The Neighborhood Brawl is just friendly fighting anyways.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Some traditions are in fact ignored by certain age groups. If ie a child will need to do the other traditions listed to get satisfaction, it means a smaller chance for them. But when it *is* possible technically to have sims ignore parts of a holiday, it should also be possible for them to ignore the full holiday. We got several alternative holiday traditions hinting to different religions, it just doesn't make sense that all families are supposed to celebrate all those holidays we create.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I would go as far as to lobby for a "turn off holidays" setting in Options. I am really getting bored with them already.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    I would go as far as to lobby for a "turn off holidays" setting in Options. I am really getting bored with them already.

I may have said this when you posted in another thread but you can just delete the holidays.

I think that if I am playing a family that I don't want to celebrate the holidays I'm just going to delete the traditions then add them back when I'm on another family.
  • Options
    ikiamyetta wrote: »

I may have said this when you posted in another thread but you can just delete the holidays.

I think that if I am playing a family that I don't want to celebrate the holidays I'm just going to delete the traditions then add them back when I'm on another family.

That would work only if you stick to one family for a while. If you play rotation and switch houses every simday, it would be too much hazzle adding those traditions again.
  • Options
    ikiamyetta wrote: »

That would work only if you stick to one family for a while. If you play rotation and switch houses every simday, it would be too much hazzle adding those traditions again.

You only need to switch it on the day of the holiday
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I know we can customize our own holidays, BUT what would happen if you merely wish to move the game generated holidays around a bit?

I'm thinking, you could simply delete the holidays from the calendar and then you wouldn't have to worry about sad moodlets because the holiday doesn't exist. Seems like a win-win to me.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    When you delete a holiday for one family in a save does it delete the holiday for all other sims in that save???
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    When you delete a holiday for one family in a save does it delete the holiday for all other sims in that save???

Yes it does. There is only one calendar for the whole save.
  • Options
    As I said earlier, you're going to have to delete the holiday event popup when it appears on the top-left of the screen if you don't want that household to celebrate it when it's the day of the holiday. Clicking the X on it will mean that specific household will not celebrate it and I can't for the life of me understand why one would have a moodlet after cancelling a holiday since they weren't going to celebrate it anyway?
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    The last time I played, my sims didn't get any negative moodlets from cancelling the holiday. Just the notification.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member

I played through neighbourhood brawl and nobody has been fighting in my game. Touch wood.
    4Wv5dIG.jpg