Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Phantasmal Reading Circle - closed (Continued on another thread)

Comments

• NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited November 2019
    @simscognito @katrinasforest @Firande
    Okay, I have a modeling question or everyone. I'm planning to do a couples photoshoot with Meli and Vin soon... but I don't know what setting to use :D I think I've done my Eternal Rest Cemetary to death, so I'm looking for something different. They'll both be in Dark Form and screencapped at night (or indoors.) Any suggestions?
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    edited November 2019
    @simscognito You're all good. Take all the time in the world. <3 And thank you so much for the compliment! I just wrote chapter... 82 or something LOL, and I used the same kind of thing in that chapter so that ultimately inspired me to use it for this one, too. :blush:

@katrinasforest Thank you SO much for the compliment! That means a lot especially coming from you, since you're so great at humor. I honestly wouldn't worry at all about your SimLit, if i were you - it's great. I really don't think the humor and lack of drama/soap opera-ness/seriousness makes me any less able to become attached to the characters. I actually really like them a lot and the humor they use is such a large part of that. I really feel for Elliot and Kyle and Lexi and if anything happened to them.... I'd get very angry. :angry: LOL. No, but for real, I really do love your characters... a lot. I appreciate them a lot, especially their realness, and it is that that makes me grow more attached to them than I ever could to just another super beautiful, way-too-perfect kind of SimLit character, which unfortunately I've been seeing all too many of lately. I really dislike those perfectly pretty, perfectly kind, perfectly moral, perfectly heroic types of characters... I'd take yours over them any day, without a single doubt! Yours are characters I actually wish were my friends in real life. :joy:

@NyteRose I have been super busy this past week so I haven't had the chance to catch up on your story yet, but I will try to do so as soon as possible! For couple photoshoots, I'm not really sure what you're looking for but I personally love the setting of the Forgotten Hollow cemetery which works well for vampires too - I think it's around 10 pm game-time that you get the most fog and man do I love that fog, LOL. Also, I know you said night but as like a suggestion, if you change the game time to 6pm (and then wait until about 6.30 pm) the lightning will just be so beautiful and they still won't burn to death... hehe. And there is sometimes already fog around that time too!
    Example:
    u9pk4bo.png

Also, alternatively, if you want a bit more of an original spot for vampires but still something fitting, the Brindleton Bay cemetery (which I think is by that lighthouse lot) is absolutely beautiful too and will give the most amazing screenshots! Like this photo is a friend of mine's, but this is in the Brindleton Bay cemetery. I still have yet to really use that spot but I can't wait to do so, as according to my friend the lighting is just absolutely amazing. My screenshot of my own Sim that I just sent is slightly edited, but this one of my friend's is entirely the game's original look. :blush:
    myrna_and_elliot2.png
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
    edited November 2019
    @Firande I never thought of the Brindleton Bay cemetery, I'll keep that and the FH graveyard in mind. I downloaded a very nice Victorian Gothic mansion/castle off the Gallery I'll be using if it's an indoor photoshoot. Thanks :)
    Post edited by NyteRose on
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    @NyteRose Here's my thoughts on your questions:

1.) What did you think of the prologue and the chapters posted? (Chapter 3 is still being fixed up.) What's your favorite thing about them (a line of dialogue, a scene, character, etc.) and why?

I like the way the story is shaping up so far. I liked the part in the prologue when Vladislaus was acting so full of himself, and then got defeated by Vincent, the same vampire he was just mocking. (That's what he gets for letting his guard down.)

2.) Who is eviler at this point? Do you think there's more to Vincent than a thirst for revenge and a hatred/distrust of witches?

I don't think Vincent is the most evil character at all. At least from what we've seen of him so far, he's shaping out to be a kinda complex guy--not all bad but not all good either. (All me theorizing, of course.)

3.) Any theories who the second vampire I posted is? And what role(s) do you think he'll play?

Hmm...I think you've got me stumped on this one. I'll just have to wait and see. :)

Nothing in particular is coming to mind for where to do the photoshoot (though Briddleton Bay is a really good suggestion.) At first I was thinking making a spot among the trees in Granite Falls, but since it's at night, the lighting would probably be difficult. If anything else occured to me, I'll let you know, though.

@simscognito Ah, thank you. No, it wasn't my book launch, at least no officially. I happened to get asked to speak around the same time. So it was still a good opportunity to promote my work. :)

@Firande Aw, thank you! That's so sweet of you. I've grown attached to them myself, so no worries...I'll make their lives crazy difficult sometimes, but I'll definitely keep them around a while. :)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    edited November 2019
    @katrinasforest Thanks for the responses :) Vincent is indeed a complicated character (as we'll see more of.) He's no angel, but he isn't a complete devil either. Who the second vampire I posted is... well, I'm not ready to let that bat out of the belfry yet :p
    I did the photoshoot tonight, I just have to post it to WP. I used a different lot than the one I originally planned to use but am very pleased with the results. :) (Had to do it indoors as it is winter and there was a blizzard in-game.)

EDIT- The pictorials are complete and posted. Please see my blog for the following-
    Photoshoot: Vampire and Rose #4- Melisandra
    Couples Photoshoot: Melisandra and Vincent
    (Things would be so much easier if I could post links...)
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    @Nyterose finally caught up and here are my answers to your questions.
    1.) What did you think of the prologue and the chapters posted? (Chapter 3 is still being fixed up.) What's your favorite thing about them (a line of dialogue, a scene, character, etc.) and why?
    I really liked them. Full of suspense. I think my favourite part of your writing is the rhythm in which you write the chapters, the pacing is spot on and the way you build the suspense and drama is so good. Keeps us readers on the edge of our seats.
    2.) Who is eviler at this point? Do you think there's more to Vincent than a thirst for revenge and a hatred/distrust of witches?
    I don't really know who is eviler. The coven is interesting and yes Vincent is a complex character. I wouldn't say he's just full of hatred, but he does certainly have a chip on his shoulder.
    3.) Any theories who the second vampire I posted is? And what role(s) do you think he'll play?
    Hmmm I'm going to take a wild guess that he's Alex but I'm completely stumped. :joy:
    I think this is my week this week. I'll think of some questions to ask.
    @simscognito It's not Alex :p
    I think it's your week, too.
    @NyteRose I'm all caught up too!

It's an immensely strong start is what it is! I really, really enjoyed it. My favorite thing is the immediate suspense you managed to add, which peaked my interest pretty much immediately. I feel like this is definitely going to be one of those stories that'll be very hard to put down because you just wanna know so darn bad what will happen LOL. My favorite line of dialogue is this one from Chapter 1:

“I just have this really weird feeling that he’s going to come back into my life.”

I'm not even sure why but I just really loved this line. I think it perfectly exemplifies that suspense I was talking about, and it was said in such a beautiful, simple way too.

I honestly have no idea, yet... I can't wait to find out more about that! I do think, as Cog also said, that he's a complex character and there may be more of a grey/grey morality than a black/white one to some extent.

Oh, man... I'm really bad at guessing LOL. I'm gonna wait and see, too, I think... but as for the role he'll play, I'm sure it'll have to do with Meli. :smirk:

@simscognito I believe it's your week, too! :blush:

fgQIHTb.png
    Okay here are my questions.

Why do you think Talula forced Gemma to betray Bastian and Arielle like this?
    First impressions on Elisabeth Death?
    If you could be anyone in Friends of Foes, who would you rather be?
    @simscognito
    Talula did this out of jealousy/and or a grudge against Bastian or Arielle, but I could be wrong. Maybe both?
    First impressions on Elisabeth Death? She's a few fries short of a Happy Meal, that's for sure.
    Hmm, this is tough. It's a toss-up between being one of the Sulani mermaids (no particular one) because I love the beach or Lilith (before she got married) to get to live with Caleb :D Choices, choices!

edited November 2019
    Hi everyone, here's the next chapter of Friends of Foes.

Chapter eighty seven: Goodbye
    chapter-eighty-seven-sorry_orig.png

@NyteRose
    Why do you think Talula forced Gemma to betray Bastian and Arielle like this?Talula did this out of jealousy/and or a grudge against Bastian or Arielle, but I could be wrong. Maybe both?
    That's actually a really good guess. We'll have to wait and see. XD
    First impressions on Elisabeth Death? She's a few fries short of a Happy Meal, that's for sure.
    Lol! You are bang on about Elisabeth! :joy:
    Hmm, this is tough. It's a toss-up between being one of the Sulani mermaids (no particular one) because I love the beach or Lilith (before she got married) to get to live with Caleb :D Choices, choices!
    Why am I not surprised? :D
    @simscognito :D Am I that predictable? :p
    edited November 2019
    @simscognito
    Hmm... maybe because Bastian had something that really made her intent on Gemma marrying him so that that'd come into her family? I'm super bad at like, predicting stuff LOL so please bear with me here. :joy: Or maybe she had something against Arielle / Sulani and the mermaids, like as NyteRose said, maybe an old grudge?

You probably already know mine LOL but yeah, I really like her! She interests me a lot! I think she's gonna be one helluva hellraiser, and I love me some of that! Haha. The last chapter really had me so excited, and I feel that soon enough, we're gonna see just what she's made of... and she may just give the main characters a good run for their money here and prove a very strong new antagonist!

Hmm, let me think... man, that's a hard one LOL. I'm like, torn between whether I'd want to be a vampire, in which case I'd want to be Lilith, or maybe not... since I'm sure the whole vamp life isn't all it's cracked up to be either LOL. I'm trying to decide also if I'd like to be a trophy wife in which case I'd want to be Henry for sure, but man, I think that'd get tiring real fast too. :joy: I really loved Adrian at the beginning, like she had so much spirit and I really admired her, and I'd love to have as much spirit and courage as her, so maybe I'd go with her simply because I admire her so much! :blush:

To everyone: I just published the last chapter of season 2! Starts of a summary chapter but still, there's some big revelations in this one... :smirk:

29. When I Am King
    kskajzKs.pngkc2q2BKs.pngL2ol7uos.png

I am also in the process of adding another menu with Lore & Worldbuilding, but I'm still kind of in the process of working it all out for now, LOL.

fgQIHTb.png
    @simscognito @Firande @katrinasforest
    One picture of the original photoshoot I reshot in the castle crypt and slight outfit/hair edits. This is one of my favorites out of the whole shoot... I may reshoot the entire thing, not sure yet. And I *may* just do a photoshoot of the prom where they first "officially" met... very tempted to do so.
    [url="49134911866_499b24a0b9.jpg
    edited December 2019
    Screencaps from testing the slow dancing mod. I downloaded a very nice Gothic vampire mansion from the Gallery to take the pictures in. I gave Meli's Dark Form an additional formal outfit for this photoshoot; this was more or less her prom look. (Yes, they are vampires and wearing cross jewelry; but in my lore, crosses and holy objects only work if the bearer has faith and believes it is a protection. Otherwise, crosses and such do not harm vampires.)

Night Dancers
    49148905338_60defa2264.jpg
    49148905588_be2748ce8b.jpg
    Bloodline- Chapter 3: Growing Pains is finally finished and posted! Please see my blog for the update :)
    edited December 2019
    @NyteRose Beautiful screencaps. :)

@simscognito Answers to your questions!

Hmm...seems to me like there's a difficult history here. My first thought is that there's some sort of revenge involved, but for what, I'm not sure. I'm guessing there's some bitterness that goes back a long time.

Given her name, let alone her look and demeanor, I'm going to say intimidating, definitely someone to stay away from, and to quote my own character, "I said 'intimidating', right?" ^_^

I think Nadya's uneasy feelings about the whole situation are spot on. But I love Elizabeth's design, and I can't wait to see how she plays into everything.

Oo, this is a good question. Let's see...I want Alex's royal status, Arielle's cool and calm personality, Lilith's vampire powers, and--

--and that's probably cheating, huh? Okay, if I have to pick one and take the good with the bad, I'm thinking Melody. If for no other reason, she seems to have a really neat life so far with a lot of possibility ahead and (hopefully!) not too many people out to get revenge on her.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    @firande @katrinasforest thank you for your responses. They were really insightful. @NyteRose your pics are awesome. You're really good at setting the mood. Love the colours.
    Hi everyone, this week we'll be spotlighting @katrinasforest's Clanbuilding for Dummies.
    edited December 2019
    Also, here's a teaser for the chapter I'll be releasing on Christmas Day.

4e3673ee4b8caac8bd4c05500507de2c951fc0d0.png
    @simscognito Aww. Too cute! I've only been organized enough to have a holiday-themed chapter coordinate with an actual chapter once. (That was the Love Day special.)

So http://www.fanfiction.katrinasforest.com/2019/11/14/chanbuilding-for-dummies-chapter-23/ is currently the most recent chapter, though I'll be putting up a new one this week with an...interesting reveal. Here's a teaser pic:

Teaser.jpg

Questions:

1. Do you think the two clans will unite peacefully, and if not, who or what is going to stand in their way?

2. Suggestions for the perfect location for Miss H to "surprise" Elliot with her proposal? (I haven't screencaped this yet, so I'm genuinely open to ideas.)

3. If you could be any character from Clanbuilding, who would it be and why? (This question was too much fun not to ask it about my own story.)
    edited December 2019
    @NyteRose I loved those photos so much! They're so romantic and beautifully shot. :blush:

@katrinasforest
    1. Do you think the two clans will unite peacefully, and if not, who or what is going to stand in their way?
    I'm honestly holding my reservations about them uniting peacefully - I want to believe in them but I'm not too optimistic if I'm entirely honest. I have Miss H in my game too (she'll even appear briefly at some point, probably), and I vaguely remember her having some pretty bad traits LOL, among which I'm pretty sure was either mean or evil or both and the other I remember very well was Hates Children... so I don't think I could ever truly trust Miss H's intentions. :sweat_smile: Also, even if Miss H DOES mean well, the other members of the clans didn't seem too enthusiastic about the idea, so I could see them potentially getting between them just as well. Altogether, I'm not optimistic enough to believe that they'll just unite peacefully and all will immediately be good. :sweat_smile:

2. Suggestions for the perfect location for Miss H to "surprise" Elliot with her proposal? (I haven't screencaped this yet, so I'm genuinely open to ideas.)
    Hmm... let me think. In trying to hold true to Miss Hell's character, those super duper and kind of cliche romantic spots like the lighthouse and the Von Haunt estate may not be great (though with the whole hauntedness of the Von Haunt estate that may actually be fun to work with, LOL). The Forgotten Hollow graveyard is really beautiful around 6pm in terms of lighting and has that whole fog and plum going on for itself that makes it a really cool, mysterious place for vampires... so if she'd want to go for an ultra-vampy proposal to like, celebrate the fact that hey, we're both vamps now, that may be an option. :sweat_smile: The location they were going to be meeting at to fight would of course also be a potential nice location for like the meaning it'd have, I guess.

3. If you could be any character from Clanbuilding, who would it be and why? (This question was too much fun not to ask it about my own story.)
    LOL I was also like "man, I gotta remember this question for when it's my turn." :joy: If I could be anyone, I would be.... hmm... honestly, I think I may choose to be our dearest Miss Heck. Just because I think iit'd be so liberating to just be all too heck with it and just like, live out your best life and all of that LOL. I see her having so few restrictions and that's definitely something I'd like to have for myself... also, of course, the vampire abilities and the power. :smirk: I'd be Vlad for his power but I don't think I'd want a nose like that. :joy:

To everyone:

I have another chapter ready! It's the first chapter of Season 3...
    30. Wondrous Sound The Trumpet Flingeth
    KdLuKtcs.pngMPlV2PYs.pngpiGgqRvs.png

Also, inspired by @simscognito's beautiful, beautiful Christmas photo, here is one of mine, which will (hopefully) be in the Christmas Special of this year... hopefully. :joy:

5R7aeBV.png

LOL sorry, I couldn't resist. Here's a better one: :joy:
    yqFNEEF.png

The location (world) of this lot will make up a big part of Season 3. :smirk:

P.S. I have no idea why those 3 preview pics suddenly decided to show vertically instead of the usual horizontal display... tried to fix it, but it's not budging. :sweat:

fgQIHTb.png
    edited December 2019
    Sorry I've been quiet, with the Chrome browser issues I haven't been able to log into the forums until today. Hoping the issues are fixed ASAP.
    @simscognito and @Firande Thanks for the comments on the screencaps. I have a bunch more but I won't bore you guys :p And I have shots of Meli with another hot vamp guy but he's not related to my stories at all... more like a rock singer I have a major crush on ;)

@katrinasforest
    Miss H is too driven/power-hungry to give in without a fight but on the off chance she does, she'll want to be in control of the clans. I don't see her allowing a second-in-command, or she'll outright take over a co-leadership. Just my two cents.

The cemetary in FH comes to mind, or the Brindleton Bay Lighthouse/cemetery. Maybe download a ruined church from the Gallery?

Allie. She's got Caleb on her arm, that's reason enough ;)
    Hi everyone, here's the next chapter of Friends of Foes.
    Chapter eighty eight: Guilt
    chapters-0-10-friends-of-foes-1-orig_orig.png

@katrinasforest I'll try to respond to your questions this weekend.