Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I get Begonias?

LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
How the heck do I find begonias? My Sims have probably opened up 30 summer seed packs. I can't seem to find a flower shop that has them planted on the gallery. I was thinking about just going into debug mode and grabbing one.
Post edited by LolaLuvsSims on

Comments

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    They should be in seed packets, that's where my sim got them. But if you want them, I have all plants fully grown and ready for harvest on the gallery. It's not a flower shop though, just rooms with plants. Maybe you could add them to a community lot and harvest them there?
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    I finally ended up getting begonias and dahlias from seed packs, but I had to buy a whole bunch of them before I finally got what I was looking for - expensive and frustrating.

I bought a bunch of rare packs (1k simoleons each) to try and get an orchid, and I've only ever gotten pomegranates or magic beans from rare seed packets. So then I tried by grafting and the plant would not sprout an orchid - I waited 3 sim weeks for an orchid, and it wouldn't happen so I finally wound up fishing it out of debug. Didn't want to cheat, but I felt I'd waited long enough / bought enough rare packs to justify it.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Jordyn78988Jordyn78988 Posts: 421 Member
    I finally ended up getting begonias and dahlias from seed packs, but I had to buy a whole bunch of them before I finally got what I was looking for - expensive and frustrating.

I bought a bunch of rare packs (1k simoleons each) to try and get an orchid, and I've only ever gotten pomegranates or magic beans from rare seed packets. So then I tried by grafting and the plant would not sprout an orchid - I waited 3 sim weeks for an orchid, and it wouldn't happen so I finally wound up fishing it out of debug. Didn't want to cheat, but I felt I'd waited long enough / bought enough rare packs to justify it.

I think there is an issue at the moment with spliced plants.
  • lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member

I think there is an issue at the moment with spliced plants.

Thank you for letting me know that, because, come to think of it, I have another spliced plant that is only giving me 2 of the 3 harvestables that it should.

I've been spending some nights on my home lot, and some on my sims' retail store lot, and I've got greenhouses at both locations. It seems harvestables pop up at 6am only on the active lot so I thought it was a side-effect of not being on my home lot consistently.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    Are they perfect quality @MDianaSanders
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    @ikiamyetta No, they're normal quality, there are plenty of perfect plants to find on the Gallery, but I prefer to have normal plants on my community lots.
    Since I'm not on mobile now, I can give you the link to the index post on my simblr: https://mdianasanders.tumblr.com/post/175201108445/mdianasanders-all-plants-in-normal-quality-when
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
    @ikiamyetta No, they're normal quality, there are plenty of perfect plants to find on the Gallery, but I prefer to have normal plants on my community lots.
    Since I'm not on mobile now, I can give you the link to the index post on my simblr: https://mdianasanders.tumblr.com/post/175201108445/mdianasanders-all-plants-in-normal-quality-when

That's great, I'm looking for normal quality as well. Thank you!
    I've added the plants to my park, thanks again @MDianaSanders
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i'm gonna do similar to @MDianaSanders and put up a small greenhouse of all the plants that are normally just from splicing (orchid, bird of paradise, pomegranate and such) at normal quality. already have a 'full perfect greenhouse' and i know not everyone wants their plants all at perfect (i only do for certain households)

should i do similar with all the seasons specific flowers?
  • SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    Where are you all finding the rare seed packets? Is it by clicking on the flower beds or using the computer to buy them?
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • YoleeYolee Posts: 181 Member
    I finally got them in the Seasonal Packets. Don't waste your money on the Rare packets for Begonias. They are Summer/Fall flowers.
  • AmberLaviAmberLavi Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="ikiamyetta;d-944178"]How the heck do I find begonias? My Sims have probably opened up 30 summer seed packs. I can't seem to find a flower shop that has them planted on the gallery. I was thinking about just going into debug mode and grabbing one.[/quote]

[quote="ikiamyetta;d-944178"]How the heck do I find begonias? My Sims have probably opened up 30 summer seed packs. I can't seem to find a flower shop that has them planted on the gallery. I was thinking about just going into debug mode and grabbing one.[/quote]
  • AmberLaviAmberLavi Posts: 2 New Member
    durring “thanksgiving” I was visited by Holliday gnomes and once appeased they kept giving me seed packets. Some had begonias and one even had the Christmas flower. So it’s possable to get it during a holiday with “Holliday gnomes”
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    AmberLavi wrote: »
    durring “thanksgiving” I was visited by Holliday gnomes and once appeased they kept giving me seed packets. Some had begonias and one even had the Christmas flower. So it’s possable to get it during a holiday with “Holliday gnomes”

This is where I get most of the seeds I want as well. The entire house is littered with seed packs. Haven't really had any use for the flowers yet, so I just stuff them in a storage chest for now. Since splicing doesn't work currently, I just grab a death flower from the gallery. Its easier, and less frustrating.
  • pczajkowski63pczajkowski63 Posts: 1 New Member
    Where can I get Dahlias from? How do I access your gallery?