Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Run Slow And Laggy

Hey Simmers!
Since i bought my new computer,the game run very slowly and laggy,even if the new laptop is stronger than the laptop i used to play with.
I Play with -Nvidia 840M -4Gb Ram (memory)-Windows 10-Intel i5.
i already tried this:
-Update The Game.
-Switch to 64 Bit.
-Low Resolution.
-Windowed mode.
-Make sure that the game is runing with the Nvidia Graphics.
-No Mods.
Maybe it's related to Windows10?
in any way thanks for reading i hope you will be able to answer! :smiley::smile:

Comments

• JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Defrag your drive, if you haven't already! Don't defrag an SSD though, HDD is fine to do that with.
    https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/how-defrag-hard-drive-3493358/ There is a complete guide on how to.

Again: don't defrag if you have an SSD.
  • NanoSimsNanoSims Posts: 43 Member
    Thanks for the answer @Jean,how im i supposed to know if im having an SSD?im pretty sure im having a hard drive.
    I did that,didn't fix it ...
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    edited July 2018
    Could you please post your DXDiag on this site; https://pastebin.com and give us the link so that we can see your full spec? Hearing you say that your computer uses a 840m makes me believe the rest of the specs arent strong enough to run the game sadly=/
    Thanks for the reply @WiggleyTuff , Here You Go: https://pastebin.com/Ww6KuJDX
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    -What type of lag are you experiencing, is it when the sims are idle and just standing around, is it when moving around your camera, is it stationary as in your sims walk by and they lag, what type of lag are you experiencing in this instance?
    -How many expansions, stuffpacks and gamepacks have you got installed as of now? With each EP, GP, or even SP it becomes more and more taxing on your PC, no matter the quantity. Big performance hitters are usually Cats and Dogs and Seasons. In terms of Gamepacks, probably Jungle Adventures since it brings a whole big new jungle with it.

Some things I've noticed both in your post and in your pastebin:
    • Your I5, what type is it, how many Ghz?
    • Your graphics card seems to be on the lower end of the spectrum, but this all depends on how many EPs, etc. you have installed, hence my question in the above paragraph.
    • Your RAM is on the low side, 4GB of ram is not that much, considering I'd usually would recommend 8GB of RAM because your PC usually does stuff on the side as well, in the background.
    • Have you already tried cleaning your Game folder and game cache and restarting the game?
    • Have you tried clearing the cache of Origin itself?
    • You can also turn of Origin ingame for TS4, as this has been known to be causing some lag here and there.
    • Always try to see if there are new driver updates for your graphics card.

This may not always be the solution, but problems like lag are very 'personal' in the sence that everyone experiences different type of lag (as explained in the opening post above)

Please try the things suggested in the lists above, I know it may seem pretty basic stuff, but you never know.
    If you need links on how to clear caches, please don't hesitate to ask.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited July 2018
    NanoSims wrote: »
    Hey Simmers!
    Since i bought my new computer,the game run very slowly and laggy,even if the new laptop is stronger than the laptop i used to play with.
    I Play with -Nvidia 840M -4Gb Ram (memory)-Windows 10-Intel i5.
    i already tried this:
    -Update The Game.
    -Switch to 64 Bit.
    -Low Resolution.
    -Windowed mode.
    -Make sure that the game is runing with the Nvidia Graphics.
    -No Mods.
    Maybe it's related to Windows10?
    in any way thanks for reading i hope you will be able to answer! :smiley::smile:

That NVidia 840M (quadcore) card was in my last laptop that I bought 4 years ago and I have moved on. The game still runs quite well on medium settings though in 64Bit and full screen mode. I had an i7 with 16Gig of Ram with the computer though.

Being new and a Windows 10 computer could mean that updates are being downloaded in the background whilst you play. I had two huge ones that were downloaded after I bought one recently. You could try checking the Windows settings or Microsoft Forum for help. I found letting NVidia find the game and set optimal settings for it helped and also making sure that you do use the NVidia card only for the game.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    NanoSims wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply @WiggleyTuff , Here You Go: https://pastebin.com/Ww6KuJDX

Part of the DxDiag is missing . This DxDiag states you have a GT 820m not 840m. The 820m is below requirements to run the game .
    @Jean -I have all the Ep/Gp/Sp But : Outdoor retreat-kitchen stuff-My First pet.The game is Laggy in general,don't crash or something but look very slow even in the lowest graphics,even in Cas.
    @phoebebebe13 i know this is ain't the best card,but i know that i can play at least at the medium settings.
    Thanks all for keeping replying =)
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    There is a difference between the 820 and 840 card. The 820 card is almost like having an integrated card with your processor. If your lagging, your stressing out your video card since it is not made to run this game and should not be running on med. You could shorten the lifespan of your laptop. Things that may help, lower your game settings, check off laptop mode , play in a lower resolution, playing in windowed mode. All of this will take stress off your laptop. Invest in a laptop cooler if you don't own one . Gaming generates more heat than when yoor browsing the web and heat can do damage to any computer