Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs with seasons gameplay

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    edited July 2018
    Blair1234 wrote: »
    After Harvestfest all of my sims are stuck in Holiday every single day following. They can’t go to school or work. I repaired the game and also tried playing with different families in the game but everyone is stuck in a holiday even though there is no holiday to even play in. I don’t have any mods and play on a PC. Any help would be very appreciated

Hello @Blair1234
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. There is a workaround for the issue in the second post of this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-WORKAROUND-S-Work-Day-turns-into-Holiday-on-it-s-own/m-p/6883188#M64549
  • JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    This pack/patch has turned my game into a real hot mess. I dont have any mods and very few CC. One of the smaller but still mildly annoying glitches i havent seen anyone mention is that my sims can't sing carols. They do the animation but there is no sound and their mouths are closed.
    JeanBaby4 wrote: »
    This pack/patch has turned my game into a real hot mess. I dont have any mods and very few CC. One of the smaller but still mildly annoying glitches i havent seen anyone mention is that my sims can't sing carols. They do the animation but there is no sound and their mouths are closed.

Hello
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Then start the game and see if the singing issue is still there

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
  • KJess26KJess26 Posts: 2 New Member
    I haven't seen anyone else post about this problem. Since I installed Seasons on my PC, there's a dead-zone on my screen that I can't click in the upper right hand quarter of the screen. Essentially, right where the drop-down for changing colours for items, clothing, etc. It's making the game basically unplayable - I can't even click on one of my households in the World.

This is only affecting the game since installing Seasons. Whenever the game is not open, that quarter of the screen has no issues - so I know it's not a hardware problem. I tried repairing the game and updating, but no fix. I'm hesitant to unistall/reinstall the base game and packs, in case it persists and then I've just lost time & progress in my games.

Anyone have ideas? :neutral:
    edited July 2018
    KJess26 wrote: »
    I haven't seen anyone else post about this problem. Since I installed Seasons on my PC, there's a dead-zone on my screen that I can't click in the upper right hand quarter of the screen. Essentially, right where the drop-down for changing colours for items, clothing, etc. It's making the game basically unplayable - I can't even click on one of my households in the World.

This is only affecting the game since installing Seasons. Whenever the game is not open, that quarter of the screen has no issues - so I know it's not a hardware problem. I tried repairing the game and updating, but no fix. I'm hesitant to unistall/reinstall the base game and packs, in case it persists and then I've just lost time & progress in my games.

Anyone have ideas? :neutral:

Hello @KJess26
    I am sorry that you are having this issue.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there

Depending on what mode you are playing in now, try seeing if playing if switching to windowed, windowed full screen or fullscreen mode may help.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there also . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    Test the game again.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    My first thunderstorm.
    And the game crashes to desktop as soon as there's a thunderstrike.

Specifics: I am at a spa. When my spa club entered, it was a thunderstorm. It worked fine.
    Now one of my household members is outside in the rain doing Yoga. And every time a thunderstrike happens the game crashes.
    SO, since thunder has worked for about 20 minutes real life time without crashing... Maybe the crash is actually when he gets struck by lighting and not lighting in general?

Anyone else has this issue?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    My first thunderstorm.

Specifics: I am at a spa. When my spa club entered, it was a thunderstorm. It worked fine.
    Now one of my household members is outside in the rain doing Yoga. And every time a thunderstrike happens the game crashes.
    SO, since thunder has worked for about 20 minutes real life time without crashing... Maybe the crash is actually when he gets struck by lighting and not lighting in general?

Hello
    Try testing the next time that there is a thunderstorm to see if the same thing occurs. It may have been a glitch at that time.
    The crashing when my sim got hit by ightning hasn’t occurred in my game,
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    My first thunderstorm.

Hello
    Try testing the next time that there is a thunderstorm to see if the same thing occurs. It may have been a glitch at that time.

I got around it this time by at third reload immediately travel to another neighborhood. I then spent 24 sim hour with a thunderstorm at my home lot, which didn't break anything.

So cautiously optimistic atm.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    My first thunderstorm.

Hello

I got around it this time by at third reload immediately travel to another neighborhood. I then spent 24 sim hour with a thunderstorm at my home lot, which didn't break anything.

So cautiously optimistic atm.

It is a good sign that the thunderstorm at your home lot didn’t cause issues.
  • Terri314Terri314 Posts: 4 New Member
    Can someone please help me? Or send me in the right direction as I'm new to this. In the Sims 4 Seasons my game seems to be missing all the little details that made me excited to play the game in the first place! The rain doesn't water my plants, rain drops don't show on the lakes, lakes wont freeze over in the blizzards/winter, windows don't fog up, trees don't blow in the wind and I cant see rain or snow through the windows. Its like as soon as I zoom near the house the rain and snow just vanish. I've seen on multiple LPs where the windows will fog and you can you see snow fall or rainfall through the windows. Does anyone have this problem or have any ideas on what I should do? Thank you
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    After Harvestfest all of my sims are stuck in Holiday every single day following. They can’t go to school or work. I repaired the game and also tried playing with different families in the game but everyone is stuck in a holiday even though there is no holiday to even play in. I don’t have any mods and play on a PC. Any help would be very appreciated

I experienced this issue in my game as well. I addressed it by removing ALL the holidays and just enjoying the events that each household can host. The effect was immediate, my Sims could attend school and go to work! So if you can play without doing holidays, this might be an option for you.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    LoriTSp wrote: »

I experienced this issue in my game as well. I addressed it by removing ALL the holidays and just enjoying the events that each household can host. The effect was immediate, my Sims could attend school and go to work! So if you can play without doing holidays, this might be an option for you.

Does the issue come back if you add new holidays ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

I've just added one holiday thus far and will let you know what happens after the holiday.
    Okay, so I received the holiday notification the day before the holiday just as I did before, however, when the time arrived for the holiday to begin, I failed to get the event box in the upper left corner. I logged out of the game so I could repair the game, only to get a notification that "Origin encountered an issue when loading the page … " So I logged back into the game, loaded my household and checked the holiday status, it had been cleared - so no holiday for my Sims. There is another holiday coming up, but it's not a major one - Rebate day.
  • xSpyInPinkxxSpyInPinkx Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I've been having a bit of a strange bug where my sim will put her toddler down to eat in the high chair, but when it is raining outside, the toddler will get the "run back inside" command, even though they are inside, so my sim will take them out of the chair so they run outside to run back inside. The only work around I've fond is to keep telling to toddler to eat the food (from off the chair) and eventually it will stick.
    edited August 2018
    Hi, I've been having a bit of a strange bug where my sim will put her toddler down to eat in the high chair, but when it is raining outside, the toddler will get the "run back inside" command, even though they are inside, so my sim will take them out of the chair so they run outside to run back inside. The only work around I've fond is to keep telling to toddler to eat the food (from off the chair) and eventually it will stick.

Hello
    Simmers have been posting about this issue on these AHQ EA thread. You may like to post feedback on one of the threads also
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-Outside-seasons-activity-happening-inside/m-p/6950528#M69691
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-Toddler-Queues-Run-Inside-from-Blizzard-When-Put-In/m-p/6914764#M67796
  • brittmspaceballsbrittmspaceballs Posts: 21 Member
    Sul sul,

I'm not sure if anyone else is having an issue with saves but I was in the middle of a build - saving every now and then - and when I went back to live mode all my changes had disappeared. I tried restarting my game with out saving again but everything was gone. I don't currently have any mods going so I don't know what else it could be. Help please?
    Sul sul,

I'm not sure if anyone else is having an issue with saves but I was in the middle of a build - saving every now and then - and when I went back to live mode all my changes had disappeared. I tried restarting my game with out saving again but everything was gone. I don't currently have any mods going so I don't know what else it could be. Help please?

Hello @brittmspaceballs
    I am sorry that you had this issue occur :(

You could try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play, that may have the building changes that you made if you saved after making the build changes. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version

If you can’t recover your build changes, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.
    Then delete the cache files.
    Then reload your save game, do some building, then test to see if the same thing occurs again.
  • brittmspaceballsbrittmspaceballs Posts: 21 Member
    I had already repaired my game but I did what you suggested and I was able to get back at least some of it my build so Thank you!
    I had already repaired my game but I did what you suggested and I was able to get back at least some of it my build so Thank you!

You’re welcome :)
  • Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    this isn't a big bug, but one I just noticed. when I click on a table to set nothing happens. Anyone else have this problem??
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
    Pipersfun2 wrote: »
    this isn't a big bug, but one I just noticed. when I click on a table to set nothing happens. Anyone else have this problem??

Hello @Pipersfun2
    Try testing with multiple types of tables, and see if the issue occurs with them all.

If the issue remains and if you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps

• Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member

Hello @Pipersfun2
    Try testing with multiple types of tables, and see if the issue occurs with them all.

If the issue remains and if you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.

thanks Rose it is all, it doesn't really bother me, plus everything else is working great. I don't want to rock the boat and possibly cause something else to glitch when everything else is perfect for a change. Just wanted to see if anyone else was having this or just me. HUGS for all of your great help!
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?

Hello @Pipersfun2

thanks Rose it is all, it doesn't really bother me, plus everything else is working great. I don't want to rock the boat and possibly cause something else to glitch when everything else is perfect for a change. Just wanted to see if anyone else was having this or just me. HUGS for all of your great help!

You’re welcome :) Doing these things shouldn’t cause other issues in your game. If you decide to do them later on, then they are there as things to do that may help or find the cause of the issue,
  • JPsimmerJPsimmer Posts: 109 Member
    JeanBaby4 wrote: »

I am having the exact issue. There's a thread about it here where you can report you are also having the issue. Then maybe this bug can start getting some attention. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sing-Together-has-no-audio/td-p/6924851