Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two Day Sad Moodlet When Any NPC Sim Dies

I wanted to report, what I think may be some kind of bug or glitch. I created a thread in General Discussion to see if any other players were having the same issue I was. When a NPC dies, if your Sim knows the Sim (regardless of relationship type....acquaintance, friend, enemy, etc.) your Sim receives a notification message that the Sim died & then your Sim is hit with a 2-Day Sad moodlet. I didn't see this in the patch notes as new feature. I know Sims that are roommates can get sad moodlets and when pet rodents die.

I actually think it's a great idea for the notification if it only occurred for friends, family members, etc.....actual NPC Sims that our Sims have relationships with. But getting hit with a 2-day Sad moodlet when an acquaintance or enemy dies is a bit much. Can someone please help & see if this is some type of glitch? I've posted the link to the original thread I posted.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16549764#Comment_16549764

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    edited June 2018
    Hello
    Is this occuring with the death of each NPC that passes away? It may be related to the changes to reaction to death that was made in the latest patch.
    Also try testing without mods/cc to see if this still occurs with a NPC death.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @rosemow I wasn't playing with mods or CC in when I received the notifications. Yes, the notification occurs when a NPC passes away. I didn't see this in the patch notes. I saw if a NPC dies that's a roommate there would be moodlet & if a pet rodent dies, the Sims would react to their death.

I didn't see anything in the patch notes about Sims reacting to any NPC's death. Am I missing something? I don't really mind that Sims are reacting to NPC's death. My concern is the type of NPC. I don't want my Sims reacting to someone they didn't know or were enemies with. That just wouldn't make sense to me for them to be sad.
    @rosemow I wasn't playing with mods or CC in when I received the notifications. Yes, the notification occurs when a NPC passes away. I didn't see this in the patch notes. I saw if a NPC dies that's a roommate there would be moodlet & if a pet rodent dies, the Sims would react to their death.

I didn't see anything in the patch notes about Sims reacting to any NPC's death. Am I missing something? I don't really mind that Sims are reacting to NPC's death. My concern is the type of NPC. I don't want my Sims reacting to someone they didn't know or were enemies with. That just wouldn't make sense to me for them to be sad.

Hello
    There wasn’t anything mentioned in the patch notes about Sims reacting to the death of a NPC. I just meant that with the changes in the game code with the death of room mates and rodents, it may have perhaps carried over to what occurred in your game.
    There does seem to be an issue with the length of the mourning moolet that is occurring in your game if the sim doesn’t really know the NPC or they are enemies,
  • barraakenobarraakeno Posts: 489 Member
    It was always like this for me. The moodlet says they are sad because they've seen someone dying, note because a friend died. When a friend die and they see it, they receive two moodlets.
    Brazilian guy here, so my English is not that good.

fB7mWIn.gif
    Spinning toilets confurm3d!!!!11!!1!1!!!!11!
    @barraakeno I'm aware of how it works when a NPC dies in the vicinity of my Sim. My Sim gets hit with a sad moodlet for witnessing the death and then another one for mourning.

What I'm referring to is that my Sim is receiving a phone call notifying them that someone has died & a notification pops up. The NPC's that are dying aren't on my lot or anywhere in the vicinity. I've never had that happen in my game. Other Simmers are experiencing it too for the first time, so I think it's a new feature. I just wasn't sure if it was a bug or not, as it's any NPC Sim your Sim knows, at any relationship type....they get a phone call and a 2 day sad moodlet.
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    There wasn’t anything mentioned in the patch notes about Sims reacting to the death of a NPC. I just meant that with the changes in the game code with the death of room mates and rodents, it may have perhaps carried over to what occurred in your game.
    There does seem to be an issue with the length of the mourning moolet that is occurring in your game if the sim doesn’t really know the NPC or they are enemies,

Thanks @rosemow for the response. I just thought it was odd. In my older Saves my NPC's are started to die off so that's how I caught it.
    edited June 2018
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello

Thanks @rosemow for the response. I just thought it was odd. In my older Saves my NPC's are started to die off so that's how I caught it.

You’re welcome .It doesn’t seem quite right what is happening in your game.
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Yep, just had that happen today. An acquaintance died and my Sim received a phone call. I love the idea behind this, but I agree that they should restrict it to friends and family members. It's so easy to make acquaintances in game, and very hard to get rid of them, so I can see this being cumbersome after a while.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • VariableVariable Posts: 18 Member
    Same here. It seems a bit steep for people who are only known, not friends or family, especially for the span of two sim days.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Variable wrote: »
    Same here. It seems a bit steep for people who are only known, not friends or family, especially for the span of two sim days.

Totally agree. I LOVE this idea, and when it's a sim my sim actually cares about it's great. But it's frustrating that someone really close dying gets the same basic treatment as, "wait...who is that again?" There should only be notifications for family members and sims with strong relationships, and the reaction should be adjusted based on HOW strong it was too. A parent their super close too with a full relationship bar should be different than a work friend you get drinks with once in a while and are on friendly term with.
  • MegansleiaMegansleia Posts: 259 Member
    So I have had this happen a lot. I have had the mourning moodlet for sims they don't even know. I don't get it!!
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    barraakeno wrote: »
    It was always like this for me. The moodlet says they are sad because they've seen someone dying, note because a friend died. When a friend die and they see it, they receive two moodlets.

Off topic but your signature made me laugh so hard
    Oh hamburgers!
  • chrstal27chrstal27 Posts: 22 Member
    This has started happening in my game also. It doesn't just happen with NPC's but anyone my sim knows, friend or foe, and I find it extremely obnoxious. Most of my sims are walking around with 2 day sad moodlets more often than not, not just the ones I'm playing but sims walking down the street or invited over that know the same sim that died (or someone else?) are all mopey and bawling their eyes out all the time. I'm not sure why they thought this was a good idea, but I personally think they should be fired. I don't know why I keep coming back to this game...I hope they get rid of it or someone makes a mod. As it is, I consider it almost unplayable.
  • MarsteMarste Posts: 6 New Member
    Same here. It's super annoying. I have noticed that they get sad over friends before, but I've never noticed they get sad over just acquaintances dying (literally just said hi to them once).
    The quickfix I came up with is giving myself 500 satisfaction points with a cheat (testingcheats on + sims.give_satisfaction_points 500) and buying a Moodlet Solver in Rewards Store. But this is one time use only, and you have to keep doing it when you're getting new phone calls. And it shouldn't be necessary to cheat like that to play the game.

I hope EA fixes it soon or that someone comes up with a permanent fix.
    Perhaps simmers who are having this issue may like to start a new thread on the AHQ EA site and post feedback on the issue there also. Other simmers can also post feedback /press me too,
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • LameBabeLameBabe Posts: 49 Member
    Has anyone seen improvements w/ this issue since the latest patch?
    Almost every night, my sims still get a call about someone they barely know.. it's been frustrating and has really affected gameplay ):

I don't have any mods in my game, so neighbourhoods stay pretty stagnant until they all pass away from old age. It would be great to have more variety in NPCs; that way I don't think there would be nearly as many old age deaths in a row
  • ash8nineash8nine Posts: 1 New Member
    I've noticed this too! My Sim bought a pet shop and serves a bunch of different NPCs and their pets. Every time one of them passes away, my sim is sad. She has basically been sad for her entire young adult/adult life. She comes home from work and cries in bed all evening. I love the idea of getting notified about a sim passing away if they are close friends/family, but this has been extreme and makes the game a lot less fun. :(
    ash8nine wrote: »
    I've noticed this too! My Sim bought a pet shop and serves a bunch of different NPCs and their pets. Every time one of them passes away, my sim is sad. She has basically been sad for her entire young adult/adult life. She comes home from work and cries in bed all evening. I love the idea of getting notified about a sim passing away if they are close friends/family, but this has been extreme and makes the game a lot less fun. :(

Hello
    I am sorry that sim is continually sad :(
    It would be good to post feedback or press “ me too” on the AHQ EA thread about the issue.
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 704 Member
    You know whats really annoying. They've mourned for days with the passing of NPC sims but not their grandmother...
    edited August 2018
    Minai wrote: »
    You know whats really annoying. They've mourned for days with the passing of NPC sims but not their grandmother...

Hello
    You may like to press “ me too” and/or post feedback on the AHQ EA thread about the issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sim-gets-quot-phone-call-quot-amp-notice-about-another-sims/m-p/6891985#M65892