Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Selvadorada is sooo laggy!

I just bought Jungle Adventure after looking forward to it since it came out. Usually, I start with editing the premade lots to my liking and therefore took a first look at them in build mode. And what the plum? Everything was so incredibly laggy! Like, is this normal? Has any of you had the same issue? The game usually runs wonderfully smooth on my computer (even on ultra settings), so I thought it would handle it without any problems.
I'm not sure if I want to keep JA for some of the stuff or deinstall it to avoid as much lag as possible. (Is it even possible to deinstall it?)

Sorry for my overdramatic whining, but 20 bucks is a lot for me at the moment, and I was really excited. Just a bit disappointed. :/

My specs:
Model: MacBook Pro (Retina, 15', Mid 2014)
Operating System: OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
CPU: 2,5 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB RAM 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB
Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif

Comments

• kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    edited June 2018
    @daenerystubborn
    I have a slightly worse computer than you and I do not have any problems with building there. My graphics settings in the game are at the highest possible level. I built two houses there, One - 30 x 30 and the other, smaller 20 x 30 near the market
    What exactly bugs have happened to you there?
    Maybe there is a problem with outdated graphics card drivers?
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    Thanks for your reply, @kreatora! It's weird, isn't it? I played around with the settings a little, and high reflection seems to cause a lot of lag for some reason. I don't have any problems with it in the other worlds, though. Macs should update their drivers automatically, but yes, they definitely can cause trouble, if that's not the case.
    May I ask which operating system you use? I'm still running on Yosemite, which might be a bit too old. Another reason could be the heat, it's around 90 degrees in my apartment. :dizzy:
  • kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    @daenerystubborn
    I am very sorry, but I did not notice that this is a section about Mac computers. I have a Windows7 system. Once more sorry.
    But I agree that the heat can cause the lags. A good graphics card like you have often overheats even at cool temperatures, especially during building. Another thing is that the TS4 game no one knows why overheats the processor too.
    That's why I installed a double cooling system in my computer. but it still warms up quite quickly during building and a few times my game stopped working suddenly. It only happened during building and I know that the cause was a overheated graphics card.
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
    @kreatora No problem at all, your reply is still very helpful! :) Didn't know graphics cards or processors could heat up that much. I guess I'll try again once it's cooler, probably at night. Wish me luck, haha!
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Are you running any other programs besides Sims 4? If so, try turning them off. Just a suggestion.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    Are you running any other programs besides Sims 4? If so, try turning them off. Just a suggestion.
    Nope! I always make sure to turn everything off.
    edited June 2018
    If anyone still cares, I was willing to run a risk today and upgraded to High Sierra. The game runs fine, maybe even a little bit better than before. At least so far. Phew!

EDIT: Oops, wrong thread. But yeah, Selvadorada is less laggy as well.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Glad to hear it! :)
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.