Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buying a New Laptop

I am in the process of purchasing a new laptop. Her is the one that I’m thinking about buying. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-yoga-720-2-in-1-15-6-4k-ultra-hd-touch-screen-laptop-intel-quad-core-i7-16gb-memory-512gb-ssd-platinum-silver/5722755.p?skuId=5722755

My question is will it run Sims 2-4 well? I want to assure that it will run Sims with it being a 2 in 1. Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    The specs meet requirements however the games will have issue running in 4k resolution and were not designed to run in 4k. Your better off with those specs and a 1080p resolution screen.

Also 500 gb ssd would be small if your trying to run TS2, 3 and 4 (which is not complete) . Especially if you use allot of mods and CC. I would suggest at least a 1tb hard drive if your going to play several games and may put other things on your laptop
  • Options
    aidansaysaidansays Posts: 49 Member
    Your specs SHOULD work. If you have any problems, you can always modify your in game settings and also try upgrading your computer graphics cards, hard drives, etc. as that could help fix any bugs. Along with that, contact EA Help if you have problems that might not be from your computer specs. Also, check Origin for the requirements if you have any doubts.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    aidansays wrote: »
    Your specs SHOULD work. If you have any problems, you can always modify your in game settings and also try upgrading your computer graphics cards, hard drives, etc. as that could help fix any bugs. Along with that, contact EA Help if you have problems that might not be from your computer specs. Also, check Origin for the requirements if you have any doubts.

Upgrading the video card is not possible being it is an laptop.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

4K does not work on PC with this game and like above post , you can't upgrade video card in a laptop
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    I'll RECOMMEND an NVDIA graphics card my friend.
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    goldsimmeergoldsimmeer Posts: 274 Member

Surprisingly, I have been playing for over two hours with no unusual problems!