Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any solutions to the Sims 4 loading a white screen?

Hi everyone. I've had many problems with TS4 and Origin for a long time sadly. But one issue at a time, lol. Often, when I try to open the Sims, it only loads a white screen.... I give it some time and wait but I pretty much know at this point whether or not it will actually load the game (how sad I'm actually accustomed to this game not working, right? lol) The weird part is that this happens very randomly, but ALWAYS after the first time I try to launch the game. How does that even make any sense from a technical standpoint? How could the sims 4 load a white screen with a 50/50 chance it will not load and guaranteed will always load a white screen the first attempt? I don't understand.

It is actually very discouraging. I love this game and I'm super into my new family right now, but every time I want to play the sims, more often than not, I am opting to just not bother. I just go do something else, because I don't wanna deal with going through a whole ordeal just to try to open the game, esp if I only have like an hour to play, not even worth it. Because 100% of the time without any failure, it WILL load a white screen on my first attempt to open the game. Afterwards, it is about a 50/50 chance it randomly decides to finish loading the game or not. My laptop is very slow as it is. That is not EA's fault, but you see how this makes playing the game for me personally, extremely discouraging lol. Any solutions?

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Hello
    Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Try starting the game in windowed mode
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/playing-the-sims-4-in-windowed-mode

Try uninstalling and reinstalling origin and see if that helps
  • skylinesxskylinesx Posts: 141 Member
    @rosemow Thanks very much, I actually managed to start the game at the moment so I am afraid to close it XD But the next time I launch TS4 which will probably be tomorrow, I'll try those things, because it will DEFINITELY (as always) be giving me a white screen the first time I start the game... you know what actually, I bet it IS Origin messing everything up, can't wait to try to see if that solution works. Origin is god awful, one of the worst programs I ever had to deal with, they should just switch to Steam >_>. Origin gave me trouble for almost as long as this game has been out, it would almost 60% of the time not respond at all. Ending the process, changing files names, etc. nothing worked unless I restarted my entire PC, even then it might not work. Origin is the absolute worst. I ended up fixing most of problem by turning off auto updates from Origin, because that apparently was messing with start-up, but it STILL happens from time to time. Sorry for my random rant but god I hate Origin so much it's unreal lol. Starting the game in windowed mode sounds like something that might work too. I'll update soon! Thank you!
  • BeautifulLethalityBeautifulLethality Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm getting the same issue, except it wont let me close the game. I can't click the little x, I cant go into the hot bar and click the x on the smaller window, I cant right click the hot bar and choose 'Close the sims 4'. I had this issue before, because I had too much CC, but I have removed the mod folder, and the issue is still there.
    I'm getting the same issue, except it wont let me close the game. I can't click the little x, I cant go into the hot bar and click the x on the smaller window, I cant right click the hot bar and choose 'Close the sims 4'. I had this issue before, because I had too much CC, but I have removed the mod folder, and the issue is still there.

Hello @BeautifulLethality
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I had this about a month ago, I think. I first removed my cc. Which didn't work. I repaired my game, which didn't work. I then completely booted down my computer, then repaired it again, which seemed to work.
  • sallycat3sallycat3 Posts: 7 New Member
    Nothing works try all of these above
    sallycat3 wrote: »
    Nothing works try all of these above

Hello @sallycat3
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

I am just checking that you have done these things :

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Try starting the game in windowed mode
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/playing-the-sims-4-in-windowed-mode

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

If the issues still remain, could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report

After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site. You will need to replace the http in the address with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.