Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it me or...

sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
I’m not sure if this is possible but after the patch, camera rotation feels strange. When I’m using my mouse, I’m using the sims 3 camera and my mouse usually went in the opposite direction when rotating. Left was right, right was left, etc. I’ve gotten used to this as I’ve had my mouse for a while now. Now when I rotate it actually feels strange and I’m not used to it. Right is right and left is left, and I’m not sure if I’m having some kind of memory problem or if the patch, if possible, messed with the camera rotation... I’m so confused..
IMG-6587.gif

Comments

• SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Could you check your settings? In game camera, there's settings to reverse the way the camera tilts, Invert X axis.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • JacewinduJacewindu Posts: 29 Member
    I would check your game settings under Game Options - Game Camera there are a couple of check boxes to invert camera rotation. I would try changing that until your happy with the way it feels.
    My Mods on Nexus Mods
    My tumblr
  • sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    Could you check your settings? In game camera, there's settings to reverse the way the camera tilts, Invert X axis.
    Jacewindu wrote: »
    I would check your game settings under Game Options - Game Camera there are a couple of check boxes to invert camera rotation. I would try changing that until your happy with the way it feels.

Oh! Okay, I'll be sure to check next time I play. If that isn't the case then I'll just have to get used to it. Thank you. :)
    IMG-6587.gif
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    Do you have any separate settings for your mouse itself? I notice mine sometimes "forgets" and I have to go into the mouse software and double check it.
    Do you have any separate settings for your mouse itself? I notice mine sometimes "forgets" and I have to go into the mouse software and double check it.

I do. the first time I bought it, I tried checking the settings because I wondered why scrolling down was scrolling up and vice versa, but now it seems to be okay, which is also strange (unless I've gotten used to that and haven't realized). I'll check that again as well.
    IMG-6587.gif
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    The simplest thing to do is to turn your monitor upside down, then the mouse will work correctly. ;)
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited April 2018
    Maybe this is too random for this thread but I will try. Is the Simoleon (§) symbol an ASCII character? If I want to use "§" in my writing where do I get it? ctrl c ctrl v from a website? or is it an actual thing I can just type? and what is the stadandard SIM nomenclature §100.00 or 100§
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    The simplest thing to do is to turn your monitor upside down, then the mouse will work correctly. ;)

Haha, true.
    Maybe this is too random for this thread but I will try. Is the Simoleon (§) symbol an ASCII character? If I want to use "§" in my writing where do I get it? ctrl c ctrl v from a website? or is it an actual thing I can just type? and what is the stadandard SIM nomenclature §100.00 or 100§

No idea. :flushed:
    IMG-6587.gif
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited April 2018
    @JojoMOMSTER Yes, the simolean symbol is an ascii character. You can get it in your writing by holding down the alt key and using your numbers pad (not the numbers at the top of the keyboard) type 0167. This is what your'll get: § The simoleans symbol is actually a section mark.

Also, I'm not sure but I think the standard way is to put the symbol at the beginning of an amount. At least that's the way I would do it. Hope this helps! :)
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    @Karababy52 thank you! NowI feel better writing about SIM money
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member

Was this added in a patch or something? I've never seen this Invert X axis option before!
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    DeKay wrote: »

Was this added in a patch or something? I've never seen this Invert X axis option before!

I checked my settings and I didn't have that option. :(
    IMG-6587.gif
    Kerwinkle wrote: »

Did you solve the problem tho? By making sure it's on Sims 3 camera?
    832XG3D.gif

I did double check and I did have the option after all (and Sims 3 camera was selected), however, even when selected rotation still feels weird. When I go to naturally move the mouse, the camera goes the wrong way I was expecting it to. Gah, this is so weird! It's probably just me. :(
    IMG-6587.gif

I did double check and I did have the option after all (and Sims 3 camera was selected), however, even when selected rotation still feels weird. When I go to naturally move the mouse, the camera goes the wrong way I was expecting it to. Gah, this is so weird! It's probably just me. :(

Did you try to change your mouse? I had a weird problem with my old mouse even tho the right button works just fine when I'm surfing the web. I changed it and it worked fine after that.
    832XG3D.gif

Did you try to change your mouse? I had a weird problem with my old mouse even tho the right button works just fine when I'm surfing the web. I changed it and it worked fine after that.

I haven't thought about that since it works perfectly fine, but I can see if I can get a new one. I forgot to mention I've been using my mouse for something else also, so maybe I've gotten used to rotating the camera on that and when do I play TS4 I'm confused. It has been a few days since I've played before starting this thread..
    IMG-6587.gif
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    @Kerwinkle. Yes, that will definitely do it. Your brain gets used to the way rotation works in different games so it will seem weird when you go back. That's why I have such a hard time playing Planet Coaster.
    @IceyJ Darn it, I guess that solves the problem then.
    IMG-6587.gif
  • CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member

On Mac it's left of the 1, I don't know about where it is in Windows, maybe Insert > Symbol