Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Random happenings

Comments

• AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @bekkasan : yes, that´s Tyler. At least partly.... When he sees a woman who could be interesting or who could be someone with whom he could woohoo fast and without investing feelings, then, well, then he gets fast... :D

The library is a very good place for him, especially if it has a computer...
  • TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member
    @bekkasan

The pirate ship dinner came with Barnacle Bay from the store. Do you have it?
    No, still quite new to the game so haven't got much from the store.
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member
    edited April 2021
    Beautiful beautiful girls @bekkasan I hope Tyler will like one of them! Did you make some same traits as his to help out?? Maybe he would like some comfort of a girl who also appreciate and understands the loner trait, or genius? I don't know all Tyler's traits. but I think he is genius for loving reading and chess, and already know loner from behavior!!! lol

I adore all the gorgeous pix!!!!

PS if all else fails you can make a Sif!!! You have Alfarin!!! <3
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@DivaDoodle Sorry, I missed answering your question.
    Actually I made all the girls traits different from his. I did it on purpose so as not to give one any advantage over the other. They are different from each other for the most part as well.
    He is not the least attracted to Alfarin when I've had them testing together. I wonder if Sif has different traits from Alfarin?
    I just finished Tyler's house, and Alfarin and Milton's temporary abode. Tyler's may be temporary too. I'm starting them all off in smaller homes. That is the reason I saw your question as I was getting ready to post a few pictures of those homes. :wink:

I've been working on Supernatural Island homes during the week when I've had some time. I started with the Fairy area and am adding houses that I've found and renovated to my liking for the world.

This is an overview of the 4 houses I added.
    51166534429_32f80f0674_o.jpg

I have many sims from friends that are going in this world as well as some of my own. These are the first ones I've set up with homes.
    First off, is Sam and Emily Beckett. These are @emorrill's sims. I added them to the world just to test the house for now. I turned them into fairy's for my Midnight Hollow story, fairy kingdom world. Perfect to add them here that way too! :grin: The house was originally built by Wallin, who was one of the members of the daily deal thread that welcomed me when I first joined the forums many years ago. I changed the inside to suit Emily and Sam, and the yard, but the outside of the house is as he built it. It is called Guardian's Grove.
    First thing Sam does when they arrive in the world is grab Emily in a clinch and give her hot kisses! Oh my! Yes, the route to the bedroom works just fine, thank you for testing that Sam and Emily. Guess who heard lullaby chimes! :wink: This is a testing game. I don't have any mods set to control anything except MC and relativity. Guess who saved the family again! :grin: Looks like I'm gonna have several pregger sims when the world starts officially. :Woot Woot!
    51166853070_3e1fefb288_o.jpg
    51165087502_f02bac64ae_o.jpg
    51165087472_ae19e70287_o.jpg
    51166534759_239cc53281_o.jpg

This is Audie. @emorrill created him and he is available in her studio for stealing err, use in your game. :grin: Since I have pets installed I wanted to be sure Sam and Emily have a doggie to love. Audie is her recreation of her real life dog. Awesome! She sent me a picture and he looks just like the real dog! :heart:
    51165986798_7bc3d04e43_o.jpg

Emily found the music room and Sam found the big screen TV. What a shame Quantum Leap is not playing right now. :wink: Please excuse Sam's wings that are floating through the chair. LOL.
    51165986748_28ab198b59_o.jpg
    51166534669_29012fd0a8_o.jpg

Emily decided to check the garden out. She loves tulips so I painstakingly (I do love those cc tulip plants) planted tons of tulips for her simself to enjoy. :smiley:
    51166534629_a1779884fe_o.jpg

Alfarin and Milton Helmquist-Steinsson are sims from @AlexaKry. Milton is kin to Tyler Helmquist, also one of Alexakry's sims. Alfarin is Tyler's best friend in her world and in mine. Yes, he is Max/Alfie that @divadoodle also plays. :grin: They will have totally new backstories but will be kin and friend still. This is Alfarin and Milton's temporary home. It is called the Mushroom House. It is definitely not designed for two dudes. That is why I say temporary. It reminds me more of a home that your very old fashioned maiden aunt or Great Granny lived in a long, long, long time ago. :grin: The backstory will explain in more detail.
    51167265480_76b8970ba6_o.jpg

Apparently Alfarin was starving and stopped to have breakfast.
    51165986723_d3f986c554_o.jpg

Milton wandered through the house and stops in the nursery. He has no memories of this nursery but he was told by his Granma he spent his first year here.
    51165986708_31a71d5d74_o.jpg
    51165750596_976c2abb5a_o.jpg

Alfarin finds him in the nursery and asks him what is the matter. Milton tells him but it will not be disclosed to readers at this time. :grin:
    51165087277_dec7d3f9e3_o.jpg
    51165750536_2444d8e221_o.jpg

Alfarin reassures him that everything will be just fine.
    51165750501_1f6f69b810_o.jpg

This is Sages Tower. Gretchen Darkmoor is one of @CravenLestat's sims. He made her as an elderly witch. I turned her into a fairy-witch hybrid. I liked her as an elder so I've kept her that way rather than make her young again.
    51166482428_6907fc069a_o.jpg
    51165986558_baee06985b_o.jpg

This is her basement garden. Doesn't she have a cute pet?!
    51165087137_a418c11a81_o.jpg
    51166852610_0712f8aacb_o.jpg

Tyler Helmquist will live in the miniature fairy castle. He is the King of the Fairy world in Supernatural Island. Each group of occult will have their own leader that they look to to solve issues. There will be hybrids as well, such as Gretchen and the dominant occult will be the one they follow. Tyler explored his little castle and didn't find any routing problems.
    51166166871_7c5b0db654_o.jpg
    51166166836_e01f0c9d6f_o.jpg

Tyler will have to learn to ride as this is his horse. I have not named the horse yet. They got along great during the test.
    51166948084_1a92580765_o.jpg
    51166166796_ba22757288_o.jpg

Beyond the back gate of his home is Simhenge. It is a mystical place where the fairy's hold ceremonies. Good that it is so close to the King's home.
    51166166771_68266f31bd_o.jpg

@bekkasan lovely update!

O Boy! do I remember Sam!!! and Emily!!! Quantum Leap is on our Roku!

Fantastic seeing Alfarin and Milton! Gosh dang are they beautiful!!! awwww I think Milton wants progeny with Alfarin!

Cool seeing Tyler and that magnificent horse! I used to play a game long ago and the black unicorns were called Nightmares and we had to tame them and it was really hard because they were so dangerous! But loveable once a loyal pet! Tyler's horse reminds me of my Nightmare (sans horn!)

:)

@DivaDoodle Thanks so much for your comments! I'm excited and ready to play if I just had all the houses done! Sam will not be leaping! LOL
    They are a beautiful couple. Their backstory is coming to me in bits and pieces as I think about them.
    I just knew Tyler needed a beautiful horse and of course it must be black since @AlexaKry decreed his favorite color was black. :grin: I almost put a horn on it in create a pet, but decided to go with normal.

@bekkasan yes it really seems fitting for Tyler to have a horse, being all Loner and all, I can just see him really enjoying long rides! (then we get to see the beautiful scenery) that is always a fun bonus!

OMG did you really almost put a horn?!!! Sometimes our thought waves are so similar it's just wonderfully fun! I'm so happy you told me that! :)

Good! I am VERY happy to hear that iX-nay on the Eap-Lay!!!! Emily has been through Enough waiting! lol This will be a sweet continuation of their lives together! As Max would say another of their timelines! :);)

How many more houses do you need? are you housing the whole place or just those who need one right now? that must be hard to do so much planning in advance! Labor of Love! <3

@DivaDoodle I may have to go back into create a pet and add a horn! After all, it is a supernatural island! :wink:

I need about 10 more houses to start with. I will add a few families at a time once the initial sims and families are added. I'm mostly using homes already in the save or ones I downloaded in the past or specifically for this world. I just want to go ahead and change them for the sims that will be moving in them so I don't have to adjust much once I start playing.
    @bekkasan : I can´t wait for the actual gameplay!
    hehehe, Sam is a fast starter, right? He doesn´t have to hurry so much or does he still fear that he is pulled away from her?
    Audie is such a proud dog!

Aww, Milton and Alfarin get along together so nice and lovingly!
    A good idea to move them out or to re-decorate the house, this flower wallpapers do look good for an old friendly grandma, but not for such modern and hip men. ;)

So Tyler is the king? Oh dear, I don´t think that he will love that much! :D So much attention focussing on him now...
    He looks sooo good in his dark clothes! You did a very good job on him in your styling center! I hope he didn´t have to pay too much for it? ;)
    His horse looks gorgeous! It´s the perfect horse for such a perfect man! <3
    And please just add a horn if you manage to figure out how to get it black! (I´ve tried everything to get Haldir´s unicorn a black horn, it wasn´t possible, so I got rid of the unicorn status of his horse :'( )
    (While I re-read what I´ve written I was thinking if I let Haldir´s unicorn be a unicorn without the horn??? Hmmm....)

The houses look great as does your re-modelling of the world!

@AlexaKry He won't be allowed to leap living on Supernatural Island. It has a dome protecting the inhabitants from any form of wicked sorcery or quantum physics gone awry! LOL
    They will definitely get a different house to be their permanent one. It will be in another area so will have a different look to it. So will Tyler. As King of the Fairy's he will have a lot of duties but he might also become overall leader of the Island because he will be trusted by all the different occult. It will come with a really nice house so hopefully that will entice him. :grin: I think the little Fairy Castle is cute but it is not very Kingly. :grin:
    I did add a horn and colored it black but I didn't get a picture of it yesterday. I can't believe I forgot to take a picture. I will get one tomorrow and post it for you.
  • TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

@bekkasan
    Did comments a bit on this in the “other” tread. Reading it one more time, like to add:

Really lovely environment behind Emily and Sam on both pictures, truly a fairy-tale world.
    The bible on that night table, just love so much those little details.
    Love @emorrill Audie, would love to add a big doggy to my RL, sadly not possible as it is.
    Wonderful old style kitchen behind Alfarin
    Ohh - did not think about recoloring the (ugly green) block table, great idea
    Never attempted to do anything with the horses, by sims don’t auto, hmm might look into mod’ing that.
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
    @bekkasan : you really were able to color the horn black??? How did you do that?
    Every time I´ve tried the horns always were more brownish than black and didn´t fit on a black and white unicorn. I sooo wanted a unicorn for Haldir to ride on!
    Next time I NEED a picture!!!!
    B)
    edited May 2021
    @Tamijo Thanks for the comments. I've had sims have horses years ago when I first had Pets in game. The sims are very good at taking care of the horses and the horses are really good at bugging the sims to take care of them too! :grin: That is what I remember, but I don't always remember well. :grin: I guess I will find out because the primary mode of transport I hope to be horses, brooms or bikes. I will use mods to limit cars as much as I can in this world.
    I do like bringing deco into the homes that suit the sims.

@AlexaKry Sorry it took so long to add these pictures. I added the horn, colored it black in CAP. Everything looks great!
    51182953844_2466fec7ce_o.jpg

I put the horse in the world and look at the coloring. :cry: The horn turns the coat color gray. Without the horn his coat is perfectly black. I moved them into full sunshine, same ugly coloring. I had him ride up the road. Same ugly coloring. Unless I can find a mod that fixes that glitch I will have to do without the horn as I want the black coat. I haven't taken time to look for any mods yet though.
    51182169676_e281039cea_o.jpg

Face view, you can see the horn is still mostly black but less vivid than in CAP. I love that Tyler still 'sees' his beautiful black horse in his bubble! :smiley:
    51183252645_a35f99c55f_o.jpg
    edited May 2021
    @bekkasan : ah bummer with this bug!
    I´ll do a search to get ridd of it as well, maybe we´ll find something to let the horn stay. (Ok, I know how this sounded, but I can´t say it differently! :D )
    so, here is what I´ve found, maybe this can help?
    https://chikkadii-sims.tumblr.com/post/50826208000/equus-sims-no-shine-tail-fix-so-i-dont-know
    I have donwloaded it myself a few time ago, but didn´t have my horses back in the game, because my Sims still are in Moonlight Falls and there are no horses allowed, so I didn´t test it if it helps....
    (Well, some family members went on vacation to Sunlit Tides where a special lady met a very hot dude! B) )

And why are you already awake at this early hour???? On a Sunday!!!!

@AlexaKry I'm an early riser, usually by 6, but I've been awake since 4:30 this morning. Got a little bit of a cold and had trouble sleeping last night.
    I just downloaded it and will try in my test save later today with Tyler and his horse which I still haven't named yet. lol
    @bekkasan : how about Blacky? :D:p
    Tyler has the same lack of fantasy when it comes to name-giving than me, I think he would like this name! B)
    Get well soon from me!!! >hugs<
    I hope that you can sleep better next night!!!!

@AlexaKry lol...I actually typed in Black horse just to give it a name in CAP.

I'm thinking Eclipse or Orion.

Thank you for the get well. I'm gonna pop a benadryl tonight so that should help me rest better. I just wish the sore throat would ease off. Gonna get the whiskey, honey and lemon out soon if it doesn't. lol
    Fixing chicken noodle soup right now which may help some too.
    @bekkasan : oh that names are much nicer and much more thought through than my suggestion! :D
    Sore throat is awful, especially when you are unable to swallow anymore! I hope that the chicken soup was tasty and helped!
    I like your household remedy with the whiskey and the honey and the lemon! I don´t have any of this in my stock. :D
    I so hope you´ll get a good rest this night!
    @AlexaKry I actually don't have any whiskey but I do have some rum. :grin:
    The chicken soup did help. :smiley:
    @bekkasan : :D so isn´t rum a bit more tasty, especially with honey?
    Good that the soup helped a bit, maybe you don´t need the alcohol?
    Sending out my best wishes!
    @AlexaKry hehe, yeah and this is a spiced rum. Yum! I actually won't mix decongestants/antihistamines with alcohol so will forgo it. I was trying to see the 'best if used by date' on it. It's old and I don't have a clue if alcohol goes bad. lol
    @bekkasan : :D:D yes, alcohol can get bad. My parents had lots of opened and still not opened bottles of alcohol in their cellar. My siblings and I had to empty their house and my brother and my sister had the bad idea of tasting the alcohol before they wanted to throw it away (I can´t drink alcohol because of my thyroid hormones I have to take, alcohol and hormones don´t fit good together).
    They ´ve just tasted a few of the bottles and came to the conclusion that a 20 years old vine doesn´t taste good when it is stored wrongly.... but the alcohol was strong in them... :D
    :D why not taking both, it will clearly knock you out for the rest of the week! So you will start your next weekend fully relaxed, slept off and full of energy! B)

@AlexaKry hehe, you have the best ideas. Sleeping through a sore throat and cold sounds like a great idea. If it goes as usual my sinus's will get infected. :bawling:
    @bekkasan : oh no!!!! Let´s just hope that this time it will gett better soon!
    How could you even get a cold? You live in Florida, it´s always warm there!
    We have temperatures at around 16°C at day and 8 to 10°C in the night, it´s a biiiit too cold for May here, of course you could get a cold here but in your warmth???