Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Network Error results in reverting to an earlier point in the game.

Far too often, The Sims Mobile will stop registering my actions to the server. At some point later sometimes even hours later, I might give a sticker or another network action and get a Network Error message. I can press the retry button as many times as I want (Most I've tried was 20-50 attempts), but it does not reconnect. The device itself has an internet connection. Back button is not responsive, but I can force close the app. When I turn it back on, I find myself at an earlier state. Sometimes minutes ago, othertimes many more minutes.
All actions I did between that point and the network action were undone, or rather never happend. So Quest progress goes back, I can re-finish story chapters. My house has less land cleared. Todder's become babies again and Babies ended up not getting created. I get the simoleons I spent returned, but just have to spend them again.

The most recent one I encountered today had a save right after I started a Relationship Quick Chat. But I apparently had not pressed the green button to start it yet. I had played enough to get 4 more Heirloom tickets and purchase another heirloom, which was the network action that had the error message.

How many others have experienced a roll-back of game progress?

Comments

• EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    me, and it really annoying as well as all the Notifications the game sends out
  • HardernaterHardernater Posts: 65 Member
    Kuvuplan wrote: »
    Far too often, The Sims Mobile will stop registering my actions to the server. At some point later sometimes even hours later, I might give a sticker or another network action and get a Network Error message. I can press the retry button as many times as I want (Most I've tried was 20-50 attempts), but it does not reconnect. The device itself has an internet connection. Back button is not responsive, but I can force close the app. When I turn it back on, I find myself at an earlier state. Sometimes minutes ago, othertimes many more minutes.
    All actions I did between that point and the network action were undone, or rather never happend. So Quest progress goes back, I can re-finish story chapters. My house has less land cleared. Todder's become babies again and Babies ended up not getting created. I get the simoleons I spent returned, but just have to spend them again.

The most recent one I encountered today had a save right after I started a Relationship Quick Chat. But I apparently had not pressed the green button to start it yet. I had played enough to get 4 more Heirloom tickets and purchase another heirloom, which was the network action that had the error message.

How many others have experienced a roll-back of game progress?

This issue doesn't happened very often, my trick to avoid this is usually start an event when I'm done playing the game.

118n437.jpg

Admin of The Sims™ Mobile Community at Facebook

The Sims Mobile : Hard2Describe / HYC9F67

• AsquinolAsquinol Posts: 4 New Member
    The one that really burns my buttocks is after a ling shift you can watch a video to increase rewards but sometimes the video glitches and that whole shift is lost to limbo.

Very annoying!
  • KuvuplanKuvuplan Posts: 34 Member
    I might have a slightly different play style that makes this hit me more often that other users.

My device is a bit older, so the CPU lags a bit. This makes the loading process take a minute or 2. My preference is to just leave the app running and come back to it later. This device isn't being used for much else, so it works for me as a dedicated device for this app.
  • katzX3katzX3 Posts: 15 Member
    > @Asquinol said:
    > The one that really burns my buttocks is after a ling shift you can watch a video to increase rewards but sometimes the video glitches and that whole shift is lost to limbo.
    >
    > Very annoying!
    ICAM When I think about all the rewards lost