Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Photography Career?

I just noticed this in game:

d836898547.png

This trait used to boost Fashion Career only.

Comments

• kawaii_sims98kawaii_sims98 Posts: 3 New Member
    I hope they’ll add a photography career!
  • DreaPopaDreaPopa Posts: 18 Member
    I was curious about that as well, I surely do hope so because I’ve finished all the careers stories
  • JreamCatcherJreamCatcher Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm pretty sure the US was the last region to gain access to this game. Other countries have had it for months so they might be weening us in. I've seen (maybe Russian or Czech?) players with high levels and crazy houses and I've been playing religiously since the US release. Guessing we will get photography (and other things!) eventually.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Many people, myself included, were playing pre-release by side-loading the game .apk (it's been available, just not though Google/App Store).
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    some concepts that were available in the preload were removed from the game, but definitely the photography career was not there.
    Maybe it's a hobby that might be added in the future. Remember that we have a map area that is still closed and should be opened soon with new careers.
  • TheRealXtremeTVTheRealXtremeTV Posts: 17 Member
    I can't wait for death, and a neighbourhood update! :smiley:
  • Assana8Assana8 Posts: 31 Member
    Don't forget the mysterious Waterfront. I can't wait to see if they continue with that. I hope they add more to the game soon. Does anyone know if the spring event has ended? I already got the rabbit just curious to know as there should be another soon. Some people don't like those sort of quests but I think they're fun. Sorry for going off topic :D
    036ae1c16dc75d087037a7af203b8877--cosima-niehaus-bbc-america.jpg
    - Don't suck on your bitter lemons, add a little sugar and make sweet lemonade.
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    Assana8 wrote: »
    Don't forget the mysterious Waterfront. I can't wait to see if they continue with that. I hope they add more to the game soon. Does anyone know if the spring event has ended? I already got the rabbit just curious to know as there should be another soon. Some people don't like those sort of quests but I think they're fun. Sorry for going off topic :D

Yes, is over! I hope we get a new update this month with new furniture and hair.
    Maybe this week!
  • Assana8Assana8 Posts: 31 Member
    [quote="rafaeljonas;c-16421744"][quote="Assana8;c-16421737"]Don't forget the mysterious Waterfront. I can't wait to see if they continue with that. I hope they add more to the game soon. Does anyone know if the spring event has ended? I already got the rabbit just curious to know as there should be another soon. Some people don't like those sort of quests but I think they're fun. Sorry for going off topic :D[/quote]

Yes, is over! I hope we get a new update this month with new furniture and hair.
    Maybe this week![/quote]

Me too. Not much choice for the men. I've recently made my first sim man. Less people seem to give me stickers though now I've got two sim men :(
    036ae1c16dc75d087037a7af203b8877--cosima-niehaus-bbc-america.jpg
    - Don't suck on your bitter lemons, add a little sugar and make sweet lemonade.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    They have just added that in the new update.
    Maybe it was all foreshadowing? Hint to what's in the future.
  • Echo006Echo006 Posts: 31 Member
    It was likely always in the game files but the special ASOS event triggers the photography career.
  • BumbleeBee18BumbleeBee18 Posts: 2 New Member
    Has anyone noticed since the update the world is MUCH larger? I was just trying to guess which building the photography career will be and realized we can pan to the edges of the universe.
  • IvanaHaffun2IvanaHaffun2 Posts: 10 New Member
    I thought the photography career was related to the asos event.
  • BlueWizardRobBlueWizardRob Posts: 102 Member
    You can unlock it normally with a new heirloom, which you can get randomly through retirement or you can unlock it early by doing the ASOS event.
    If you do the whole ASOS event there is a special photography story.
  • DudeitsbethDudeitsbeth Posts: 11 New Member
    Hold up @BumbleeBee18 the world is larger? Maybe I haven't gotten that into deatil with it but maybe that could mean they will add more things to the game. It'd be kinda cool if there were hangout spots and way to have a "neighborhood" and imagine if they added more outdoor furniture and even floor construction like adding stairs and such.
  • Gamer12Gamer12 Posts: 126 Member
    More outdoor furniture and death in an update WOULD be great. Photography career comes up in my career list, but wont let me choose it. It bothers me. Lol
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Gamer12 wrote: »
    More outdoor furniture and death in an update WOULD be great. Photography career comes up in my career list, but wont let me choose it. It bothers me. Lol

Hello
    I am just checking. Have you placed the photo studio item in the fashion career venue? You need to place that item to be able to work in the photography career.
  • Gamer12Gamer12 Posts: 126 Member
    edited June 2018
    rosemow wrote: »
    Gamer12 wrote: »

Hello
    I am just checking. Have you placed the photo studio item in the fashion career venue? You need to place that item to be able to work in the photography career.

Thank you so much. I dont know how I didnt notice that.

• GenzzaGenzza Posts: 14 New Member
    I hope they come out with some patio furniture,and a pool.Waiting to see what new jobs they come up with.
  • TerrikotaTerrikota Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="rosemow;c-16529373"][quote="Gamer12;c-16527654"]More outdoor furniture and death in an update WOULD be great. Photography career comes up in my career list, but wont let me choose it. It bothers me. Lol [/quote]

Hello
    I am just checking. Have you placed the photo studio item in the fashion career venue? You need to place that item to be able to work in the photography career.[/quote]

What photo studio item?
  • jonselslilbabyjonselslilbaby Posts: 9 New Member
    Hi can anyone help me with this photography career, I have the heirloom but there’s no option to join that career anywhere I’ve searched everywhere online but can’t find the answer, can’t add the box as you can’t get it till after you joined the career, I really want my sim to join it, please help
  • TacoTaco Posts: 34 Member
    Hi can anyone help me with this photography career, I have the heirloom but there’s no option to join that career anywhere I’ve searched everywhere online but can’t find the answer, can’t add the box as you can’t get it till after you joined the career, I really want my sim to join it, please help

Once you get the heirloom head to the fashion studio, open the shop, and you should see this

y0DQhzfh.jpg

Select photography career and you should be able to add the photo studio and begin.
  • jonselslilbabyjonselslilbaby Posts: 9 New Member
    Thanks I found it & my sim is now in the photography career