Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I feel cheated

2...Next

Comments

• AddamsFamilyAddamsFamily Posts: 151 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    You said you feel cheated like as if someone has lied to you or maybe some kinda trailer or ad has done that and misled you. XD The game has been going on for years. You could have at least watched tons of let's plays to see how the game is like before you bought it.
    I feel cheated because of all the stuff that came with 3 with 4 it feels like they put out a unfinished game then expect us to pay for the rest that should have been in the base game
  • ShreyaShreya Posts: 2 New Member
    Even I have felt [B]cheated[/B] sometime.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    @AddamsFamily

Sims 4 is not a finished game as it is still getting dlc. Sims 3 is a finished game. What are you content missing from the game exactly that makes you feel cheated? I know the console version is still getting updates and the dlc is in the process of being ported to console too. This is just an honest question and not an attack. There are certainly differences between the two games and each has their own unique style.
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    Hmm...not sure, where "childs game" comes in at. But to each their own. I mean, if you wanna go there, to some people the sims is a childs game altogether and they dont understand.

Nonetheless sims 4 is definitely my favorite of them all.
    It's more of a shock after playing 3 for so long plus they don't have lot size 64x64. So I now have a buy an exp that I don't want just to get that lot and they did way with the open world. And they don't have the style tool
    I'm starting to like this game. Still not as good as 3
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I just got the game and so far for me it plum, it feels more like a child's game then 3 did and it feels way more watered down and chopped up I feel cheated I wish I could go back to 3
    What's stopping you from playing TS3?

there could be a number of reasons.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited April 2018
    it may improve for you with some packs!
    but if you liked three, chances are you wont enjoy four as much.

I would recommend getting some game packs.

Vampires
    dine out

maybe get to work

perfect pattio
    cool kitchen
    romantic garden

wouldn't recommend any of the other current console packs :#
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• simsunwrittensimsunwritten Posts: 9 New Member
    I prefer the graphics of TS4 and the gameplay of TS3. Graphics make it difficult to play TS3 for me (and it doesn't run well on my Mac). I want to get a desktop so I can enjoy TS3 and TS4 both, as well as TS2. I just got TS2 Ultimate Collection in Origin from EA, which I hope to install on my boyfriends laptop since it can't be run on Mac.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I just got the game and so far for me it plum, it feels more like a child's game then 3 did and it feels way more watered down and chopped up I feel cheated I wish I could go back to 3

I believe it is closer to the PC version than the other versions were but I hate using the controller and it inherits some of the PC disappointments such as can't build apartments from scratch or build in any other neighborhoods and other drawbacks.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    My biggest problem with the console now, is that the new releases never seems to come to the console! We can't have any pets, we can't get together, we can't get into the jungle and I don't what more we are missing out on. Now the PC player is all excited over "Seasons" that we who are plkaying the game on console won't be able to play for a long time.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    we also have to wait a long time for packs as well the only difference is console players know what packs they will get but pc players have no clue
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    I'm just getting back into playing TS4 on pc and I have it on the xbox also and I can tell you I feel way more connected to my pc sims. It's just a better experience imo.

+1
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    edited June 2018
    I usually just build. I don't know why but with 4 it feels like they didn't try it all looks childish 3 had a lot more places. I f I could get my laptop fixed I would just back to 3

I like to build and I felt the same as you in the beginning to, my advice would be too download plenty of Custom Content, this kept the game alive for me, The Sims Resource is my favourite place and it's all free to use. This game grew on me eventually, but it is absolutely not my favourite instalment
    2UFyFUV.png

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Sims 4 isn't as good as Sims 3 partly because it's not been expanded as far as Sims 3, and expansions and Game Packs are just a waiting game.

Sims 4 has more of a 'Let's party' bent than Sims 3's Family bent, which is a matter of taste. Once you have some money and vacation days stored up you can take your Sims partying and adventuring more often and I feel like that's when the fun kicks in.

As for building, Sims 4 is definitely missing some of the tools, but on the plus side here come glass roofs and a simplified gardening system (we really don't need ten different qualities of plants).
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • DruddersDrudders Posts: 43 Member
    I feel the only aspect of Sims 4 is the varied building options compared to Sims 2 & 3. As someone who spends 70% of their time building rather than playing I was disappointed with the changes but I'm so used to Sims 4 now I think I'd struggle playing an older game!
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    @AddamsFamily

Sims 4 is not a finished game as it is still getting dlc. Sims 3 is a finished game. What are you content missing from the game exactly that makes you feel cheated? I know the console version is still getting updates and the dlc is in the process of being ported to console too. This is just an honest question and not an attack. There are certainly differences between the two games and each has their own unique style.

This ^ The game is still being developed and its far from over as the devs announced recently they have content planned for the next 3 years.
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    @AddamsFamily

This ^ The game is still being developed and its far from over as the devs announced recently they have content planned for the next 3 years.

Yes, but is not new game too. Is nice shell, but indoor? How is possible that evil sim in one moment attacked and second moment tell his enemy joke?! Why?!!?
    If I compare "indoor" TS2 when have 5 datadisc, The Sima 3 when have 5 datadisc and TS4 now, so is it TS4 who is The weakest...