Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Hourglass Legacy Saga. RETURNS!!!

Comments

• LONESTAR2330LONESTAR2330 Posts: 630 Member
    @MadameLee Thank you, I think it came out very organized but the way I wrote it was disorganized, I really sort of went by the seat of my pants with it,
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    @LONESTAR2330 yeah I understand("Pantsing"as its sometimes called) I do that occasionally myself. My first writing of the Swansons in Gen 2 I had originally planned for either triplet Girl 1(Carly) or Triplet girl 2 (the triple 3 was a boy) be the heir. But due to some thoughts of mine I ended up having their baby sister as the heir instead. When I get to gen 7 that's is almost writing by the seats of my pants.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    We are coming up on the final chapters five chapters of The Hourglass Legacy It was supposed to only be three but I had to split two chapters due to length.

This has been an amazing adventure for me. I have many people to graciously thank, which I did in a recent post. The Hourglass Legacy has been a host of twist and turns and crazy twists. We have seen characters grow physically, emotionally and even mentally in the last two years. I would take a minute to tell you some of my favorite and most heart breaking moments in the course of writing this, and give you a little behind the scenes look into what made this story so special and fun for me to write.

oECdTf8.jpg
    The image above is of the primary family/families that starred The Hourglass Legacy The Blake's and the Wyatt's. What perhaps made these characters so special and real to me is the fact they were loosely based on my own family. The Blake's were based on my dad's side and the Wyatt's were based on my mother's side. Now of course none of the story is based on the truth. But the character traits and the many of the personalities are.
    When I started this saga I had something very specific in mind, but luckily, and to my surprise, @AudreyFld agreed to collaborate with me with her story New Beginnings and the story went in a totally different direction. For the better in my opinion despite the challenges.

Originally it was just supposed to be vague, with The Outfit taking over Ben's...business venture and Helen simply being the liaison between the corporation who was backing Ben and Leroy in the building of Newcrest.

qDMWXLM.png

Then....the Second Generation happened and SS Icky (coined by the ever so awesome @CitizenErased14 ) was born.
    When Audrey was writing her series and the Cole and Nicky relationship, I fell in love with the character. I was on that "Cocky" ship, but I knew early on it was not to be. When Cole and Nicky fell out, I wanted to explore the character a bit further, so Audrey and I worked out a story where Mickey and Nicky would date in college. I originally intended for Nicky to break things off with Mickey after she found out about his criminal ways, then Mickey would go on and marry Lisa Wyatt, Randy's daughter. Alas, that was not to be. I feel in love with these two, and they were such a perfect blend. Mickey's growth and Nicky's were very different but they began going down a similar path and I got to where I could not see Mickey with anyone else. It changed the entire dynamic of my story, and the ever so famous SS Icky...became the driving force of the series, going into my final chapters as you will see.

TTEHtps.png

My favorite moment of the whole series however was Generation One Chapter Nineteen

For those of you who have forgotten, Randy and his nanny, in an interesting Oedipus way, had a love child, after one crazy night with too much to drink. Shortly after Helen and Randy got together. So here we were with Randy dating Helen and his former nanny, Riya about to have his child. General Hospital couldn't have set up a better scenario. One night Randy surprises Helen with a romantic dinner and proposes to her, and almost as if on cue, after Randy had slipped the ring on Helen's finger, Randy gets a the call that Riya has gone int labor. After dealing with a somewhat irritating situation at the front desk, Randy and Helen go in and are with Riya when she has a beautiful baby daughter, whom they name after Helen's later mother, Katrina.

A few chapters later, Riya ends up with Garret and the most complicated family structure is formed. (Originally Garret was supposed to wind up with Linh, Helen's college roommate.)

This is getting quiet lengthy so I won't go through the whole story, you will have to read it here

I hope you guys enjoyed the story and much as I loved writing it, and will join me on my next saga which I am already preparing. It has been a hell of ride. The next story will be a bit more organized, and likely read better than this one, but there will always be something special about this story for me. Partly due to the personal aspects concerning my family I put into my characters, but also perhaps, because The Hourglass[/b] was my first...and there is always something special about your first.

Wow! What a recap. Very nice! It was certainly a learning experience for us both trying to figure out how to have independent yet crossover stories and be respectful of our readers.
    edited April 2019
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    We are coming up on the final chapters five chapters of The Hourglass Legacy It was supposed to only be three but I had to split two chapters due to length.

This has been an amazing adventure for me. I have many people to graciously thank, which I did in a recent post. The Hourglass Legacy has been a host of twist and turns and crazy twists. We have seen characters grow physically, emotionally and even mentally in the last two years. I would take a minute to tell you some of my favorite and most heart breaking moments in the course of writing this, and give you a little behind the scenes look into what made this story so special and fun for me to write.

oECdTf8.jpg
    The image above is of the primary family/families that starred The Hourglass Legacy The Blake's and the Wyatt's. What perhaps made these characters so special and real to me is the fact they were loosely based on my own family. The Blake's were based on my dad's side and the Wyatt's were based on my mother's side. Now of course none of the story is based on the truth. But the character traits and the many of the personalities are.
    When I started this saga I had something very specific in mind, but luckily, and to my surprise, @AudreyFld agreed to collaborate with me with her story New Beginnings and the story went in a totally different direction. For the better in my opinion despite the challenges.

Originally it was just supposed to be vague, with The Outfit taking over Ben's...business venture and Helen simply being the liaison between the corporation who was backing Ben and Leroy in the building of Newcrest.

qDMWXLM.png

Then....the Second Generation happened and SS Icky (coined by the ever so awesome @CitizenErased14 ) was born.
    When Audrey was writing her series and the Cole and Nicky relationship, I fell in love with the character. I was on that "Cocky" ship, but I knew early on it was not to be. When Cole and Nicky fell out, I wanted to explore the character a bit further, so Audrey and I worked out a story where Mickey and Nicky would date in college. I originally intended for Nicky to break things off with Mickey after she found out about his criminal ways, then Mickey would go on and marry Lisa Wyatt, Randy's daughter. Alas, that was not to be. I feel in love with these two, and they were such a perfect blend. Mickey's growth and Nicky's were very different but they began going down a similar path and I got to where I could not see Mickey with anyone else. It changed the entire dynamic of my story, and the ever so famous SS Icky...became the driving force of the series, going into my final chapters as you will see.

TTEHtps.png

My favorite moment of the whole series however was Generation One Chapter Nineteen

For those of you who have forgotten, Randy and his nanny, in an interesting Oedipus way, had a love child, after one crazy night with too much to drink. Shortly after Helen and Randy got together. So here we were with Randy dating Helen and his former nanny, Riya about to have his child. General Hospital couldn't have set up a better scenario. One night Randy surprises Helen with a romantic dinner and proposes to her, and almost as if on cue, after Randy had slipped the ring on Helen's finger, Randy gets a the call that Riya has gone int labor. After dealing with a somewhat irritating situation at the front desk, Randy and Helen go in and are with Riya when she has a beautiful baby daughter, whom they name after Helen's later mother, Katrina.

A few chapters later, Riya ends up with Garret and the most complicated family structure is formed. (Originally Garret was supposed to wind up with Linh, Helen's college roommate.)

This is getting quiet lengthy so I won't go through the whole story, you will have to read it here

I hope you guys enjoyed the story and much as I loved writing it, and will join me on my next saga which I am already preparing. It has been a hell of ride. The next story will be a bit more organized, and likely read better than this one, but there will always be something special about this story for me. Partly due to the personal aspects concerning my family I put into my characters, but also perhaps, because The Hourglass[/b] was my first...and there is always something special about your first.

Wow! What a recap. Very nice! It was certainly a learning experience for us both trying to figure out how to have independent yet crossover stories and be respectful of our readers.

@AudreyFld Yes it has..I think more of a challenge for you than me seeing as you had to put up with my ever changing direction and wild ideas lol...
    AudreyFld wrote: »

oECdTf8.jpg

qDMWXLM.png

TTEHtps.png

@AudreyFld Yes it has..I think more of a challenge for you than me seeing as you had to put up with my ever changing direction and wild ideas lol...
    :joy::joy::joy: That’s all.
    Dynasties Chapter Twenty-Three

etATjAQ.png
    Mickey begins his plans to take The Outfit Legitimate
    Dynasties Chapter Twenty Four

5GGINpy.png
    Helen and Nicky face off against their adversary Carlton Lewis, to determine the future of WC Enterprises and beyond.
    Dynasties
    Chapter Twenty-Five

f0BKbtK.png
    The future of the Outfit is discussed
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    quite an interesting twist about Regan's ex-boyfriend
    6adMCGP.gif
    @MadameLee Yeah I needed to justify why Mickey was giving him so much attention. I really liked the character and that "good bad boy" image goes perfectly with the Blakes
    edited April 2019
    I implore everyone who hasn't already to start following my new thread Time Marches On Sims 4 Thread and the new WP page Lonestar Simlits Page I will be wrapping up my The Hourglass and begin working on my new site very soon, and I don't want you guys to miss anything. So please follow!!!
    Post edited by LONESTAR2330 on
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    @LONESTAR2330 the link to the thread is broken for me but as i usually prefer to follow my fav stories on wordpress i will try do that instead however unless i just missed it (im using my phone) it seems the option to follow hasn't been enabled yet.
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited April 2019
    MadameLee wrote: »

Makes me think Mickey may have lied to Cole about Archer's rap sheet to get Archer into the family business (and away from Cole's kid).
    @VanPelt81 Maybe lol...anything is possible I suppose.
    @VanPelt81 wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »

Makes me think Mickey may have lied to Cole about Archer's rap sheet to get Archer into the family business (and away from Cole's kid).

Given what he's been doing, I wouldn't be shocked.... even if he is trying to do right. Two or three or ten wrongs don't make a right! Or so I've taught....maybe I was wrong.... now I'm confused... :o
    @AudreyFld Yeah Mickey seems to have picked up the gift for violence and manipulation,and I think he is even bettr at both than Garret was. As far as Archer is concerned, I don't think he lied about his record, but once Mickey figured out Archer is the grandson of his Aunt Mary, Mickey felt it was only right to give him a piece of the Blake Legacy. And a big piece at that.
    edited May 2019
    Another update for Time Marches On

Be sure to follow the Forums page and the WP page to keep up to date. I will be back in a few months for one finale Hourglass arc which will cross over with @AudreyFld story New Beginnings until then I will be keeping this thread open.
    edited May 2019
    Here is another Time Marches On Update I could use a bit of feedback on this one guys.
    Okay guys, if you are not following the TIME MARCHES ON FORUM THREAD or following LONESTARS SIMLIT PAGE You better check it out!!! I will be over on that thread for the foreseeable future. Time Marches ON: The Ranch will premiere tomorrow on the new page. I hope t see everyone over there!!!

Lonestar
    Hi All! I know it has been awhile since I posted on this site but I wanted to run an idea by everyone one.

First off I hope everyone is enjoying my newest saga Time Marches One my other site. If you haven't checked it out I encourage you to do so. It is a sort of historical piece, set during the late 1800's early 1900's, and will follow a family through five generations.

I am also thinking of doing another ambitious project. Most if not all of you are familiar with my Saga on this site, The Hourglass Legacy I have been toying with the idea of making it a comic book series. Now to do that I am going to need a complete re-haul of the story, edit out other people's characters. edit out all EA properties  and do things a bit differently. So...

I am thinking of doing a reboot, which will focus on Garret Blake and The Outfit. In other words, I thinking about rewriting the Hourglass into a a completely new saga, which I can easily reformat into a a comic book or a series of graphic novels. This new Simlit is going to take place in real world places like Dallas, Texas, Denver, Colorado and other places.

The reason I am going to do a rebooted simlit is to help me to get my story in focus. and also give my simlit followers a sneak peak into a saga that stars characters you guys know and love.

So what do you guys think...any feedback in appreciated.
    edited July 2019
    The Hourglass returns for a three or four part story to tie into New Beginnings Chapters 3.37 3.43

Part One: Thursday
    7Sg5mjC.png
    Mickey and Archer begin their surveillance on Avery.
    Part Two: Friday Morning

y2oZmbO.png
    Mickey and Archer pop by to see the family.