Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Day/Night Real-time cycle

Just as the headline states, this thread is for those who would or would not like to see a day to night cycle in your real time. A game that did this was the smurfs builder. I personally think it'd be very well more immersive with this implementation. The street light comes on and your lights in the house light up. What are your thoughts regarding this addition?

Comments

• OxanaPihlajamaaOxanaPihlajamaa Posts: 153 Member
    I would love that. In my mind, I keep comparing The Sims Mobile and Virtual Families 2, and I just love the night in VF2 (it also has the option to switch day/night for night owls;)). Mostly it would probably be just a cosmetic thing, but I would enjoy that.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited March 2018
    I want it to be night in the game when it's night IRL. :)

We have lights in The Sims Mobile's build mode, but they're pretty much useless because it's always daytime. :D
    a256aFi.gif
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I like the idea to have it be an option you can turn on and off. I tend to end up play games at night before bed generally so when I play a game like Animal Crossing or Pokemon that has a Day/Night cycle that's locked into the real-world clock it can be really irritating when it's always night especially if/when there are things that can only happen/are available to happen during the day.
    ~ ~ ~
  • horse5543horse5543 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @3KNPen said:
    > I like the idea to have it be an option you can turn on and off. I tend to end up play games at night before bed generally so when I play a game like Animal Crossing or Pokemon that has a Day/Night cycle that's locked into the real-world clock it can be really irritating when it's always night especially if/when there are things that can only happen/are available to happen during the day.

I end playing games at night so having the lights turn on and off in the sims mobile would be awesome! Please do it
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    That's one thing I feel as if the game has been missing - this is definitely something I would love to have!
  • horse5543horse5543 Posts: 3 New Member
    I would like to see real time in the Sims mobile,the lights come on in the day, they go off at night Please make that possible because the daytime is really screwing me up at night thank you
  • _Bulma__Bulma_ Posts: 49 Member

While it doesn't make logical sense, day at parkside and market square, night at downtown, dusk at waterfront, I kind of like the setting of the locations as they are now. It would be weird to work at the night club or do the movie night during the day.
    Having said that, for just our home location, I do agree, I think a day/night cycle would be lovely!
    Maybe there could be special 1 hour worth tasks that happen throughout the day that you can earn coins or maybe even simcash -- now that everything is so costly.
    For morning: watch the sunrise, go for a jog. For midday: sunbathe, watch a daytime soap opera. For evening: watch the sunset, read a book in bed. For late night: stargaze, "simflix" and chill ;)
    Also there could be mini tasks: breakfast, lunch, dinner (accordingly) that would give a little energy.
    My love has wings, slender feathered things, with grace and upswept curve and tapered tip.

2190b6b18eb3013bd177502247d28a97.jpg

• OribaOriba Posts: 41 Member
    Great suggestion!
    A Day-Night-Cycle really would be nice!
    But there should be an option to activate / deactivate it.