Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horses in Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited March 2020
    There is nothing to do with horses, just riding... it's as much useless as dolphins in Island Living.

A lot of work for a small feature.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    How about training your horse, taking part in tournaments, breeding with your horse, brushing and feeding it, just to name a few?

But then again, I also like the dolphins a lot.

It's okay if you don't like the feature, but if so that doesn't make it a small feature. Dolphins are a small feature - horses could fill a whole Gameplay Pack, esp. if children and toddlers are allowed to do some riding as well.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I am fine with horses as long as they don't roam the neighbourhood like in TS3. They should be strictly on a farm, in a paddock somewhere, not roaming free on the street in the middle of the city. If they do breeding, maybe they will also add those miniature ponies, or at least some donkeys.
  • Options
    AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I am fine with horses as long as they don't roam the neighbourhood like in TS3. They should be strictly on a farm, in a paddock somewhere, not roaming free on the street in the middle of the city. If they do breeding, maybe they will also add those miniature ponies, or at least some donkeys.

^THIS. I've been watching Alchestbreach's playthrough of the Sims 3 and I cringe everytime I see these wild horses gallavanting about the neighborhood and loitering in front of homes.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Perhaps we can have horses only in places with a designated lot trait. I don't remember wild horses wandering the urban areas in Sims 3 but maybe my memory is faulty..
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    They would roam in Appaloosa Plains. Sometimes my sims would even see a unicorn in their street, it was kinda odd.
    Perhaps we can have horses only in places with a designated lot trait. I don't remember wild horses wandering the urban areas in Sims 3 but maybe my memory is faulty..

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited March 2020
    Someone once posted a thread here with a part of the code here where horses were mentioned, which means they might have considered including them at some point.

There it is :
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/965944/holy-horses-batman-theres-more-in-the-code/p1
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Bikes were executed really badly but there are already bits in the code to determine wether a cat or dog will stay outside or go inside - that could be reused for horses.
    There's no need to compare horses to bikes, even though I really hope that the issues with riding bikes will be adressed at some point.

• Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member

That will definately not be a problem in TS4. Animals are permitted from showing up by most filters, they have to be exclusively programmed to show up at all.

I'd say they will be restricted in the same way as cats and dogs are - they'll only show up
    - as strays in maybe one of the neighbourhoods that will come with the Pack (which will probably not even have a city area (but even if that's the case, horses could be easily programmed to not show up in certain neighbourhoods)
    - on lots with special horse friendly traits.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Dianesims wrote: »
    They would roam in Appaloosa Plains. Sometimes my sims would even see a unicorn in their street, it was kinda odd.

I remember seeing unicorns occasionally. So it was only Appaloosa Plains where the horses ran wild? I definitely don't remember seeing them in the other towns unless they belonged to play households.
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    The game generates 4 random horses to run wild together when you start a new neighbourhood. In Appaloosa, they are premades, that's the only difference.

Horses are as good as what you can do with them. In Ts3, I rode to work on the last model of 'Unicorn-Benz', then rode back home, because... you know... open hoods!
    I love horses, I really do, but they'd be crippled by the lack of space to run wild and do their thing. Roaming on a 'block', no thanks for them.
  • Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    edited March 2020

I remember seeing unicorns occasionally. So it was only Appaloosa Plains where the horses ran wild? I definitely don't remember seeing them in the other towns unless they belonged to play households.

They appear in almost all worlds. You can turn off seeing horses in the game by going into the options panel. I turned off warewolves and fairies.
  • Options
    bluzkat65 wrote: »

They appear in almost all worlds. You can turn off seeing horses in the game by going into the options panel. I turned off warewolves and fairies.

I remember the tick boxes but I had forgotten that there was one for horses. I haven't played Sims 3 in years.
  • Options
    MortryddMortrydd Posts: 20 Member
    If they can genuinely deliver a well made Equestrian pack, Im all for it. I know people always want everything in one pack, but I feel like the farming experience or the horse-experience will lack if put together in one pack. So yes, give us separate, but please execute it well.
  • Options
    ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
    edited April 2020
    The Sims 4: Ranch Living. An entire world of Western-themes with a ranch. Plant crops (like corn, wheat, etc...), raise and tend to horses and other ranch animals, level up in horseback riding, and things of this nature. I love the idea of horses in TS4, but let's do a whole pack around it. And give it more depth than normal in TS4. Laterally there's a lot to do in TS4, but the depth is sorely lacking in many areas.

I know it may sound silly to some, but you could maybe even have several skills from that one pack:

Horseback riding, farming, cattle rustling, leather crafting, bull riding... and anything else connected to the motif.

Imagine making a new sim, putting them in charge of a ranch and turning it into a major agri-business venture!
    Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Next expansion will revolve around travelling and it will feature horses. Now that could be a vacation expansion or a time travelling one...personally i prefer the latter. I think the game pack will revolve around self sufficient residential lots..I mean its the next logical step. They made an off the grid lot trait and tiny living residential so they are working on the code to create other types pf residential lots..why not benefit from that and give us a self sufficient type of residential which means that we have to produce our iwn energy and food..I know they wont depict cow slaughtering but they could make it so that if you have cattle on your lot you automatically have food on your refrigerator or something along those lines.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    The next expansion is something that will surprise us. Therefore it will be something we didn't ask for and didn't want ;)

(or alternatively the Devs are hyping us as usual)
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I think if they did this it would be a combination of a world designed with more horse trails etc (like walking your dog) but maybe also a lot trait to have a small stable or something it stays in. Not sure--but it'd be cool to have my own fenced area to have the horse on my lot.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    Tay-way654Tay-way654 Posts: 50 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    The next expansion is something that will surprise us. Therefore it will be something we didn't ask for and didn't want ;)

I'm going to be so dissappointed if the next pack is not farming, and after their announcement I don't think it will be. :( I want horses in the game sooo badly. I'm assuming they would be introduced in a farming pack. Then again I could always see them also adding a "horses" game pack, for some extra $, which I really hope doesn't happen unless its done really well.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Tay-way654 wrote: »

I'm going to be so dissappointed if the next pack is not farming, and after their announcement I don't think it will be. :( I want horses in the game sooo badly. I'm assuming they would be introduced in a farming pack. Then again I could always see them also adding a "horses" game pack, for some extra $, which I really hope doesn't happen unless its done really well.

If they wanted to include all of the things horses could do they could make an Equestrian gamepack.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    Tay-way654Tay-way654 Posts: 50 Member
    edited April 2020
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    Tay-way654 wrote: »

If they wanted to include all of the things horses could do they could make an Equestrian gamepack.

I would like that considering we would get a lot more w horses and those who do not want them don't need to have them. Like I said, if it's done very well, and not just throw together, then I'd be more than okay with that!

• Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited April 2020
    83bienchen wrote: »
    How about training your horse, taking part in tournaments, breeding with your horse, brushing and feeding it, just to name a few?

But then again, I also like the dolphins a lot.

It's okay if you don't like the feature, but if so that doesn't make it a small feature. Dolphins are a small feature - horses could fill a whole Gameplay Pack, esp. if children and toddlers are allowed to do some riding as well.

EAxis could have done a lot more with the dolphins!

They could make a career of dolphin training to do tricks and put on dolphin shows. Dolphins could also have been taught to hunt for treasure in the sea and bring back shells, gems, the Mariner Gnome, sea life, etc. They could have also helped the lifeguard and have a dolphin bring drowning sims to safety, as well as protect scuba divers from predator sharks. They could also have made it that dolphins could pull sims along as they surf for fun, etc.

But all that would require too much effort - meaning having to pay animators for the animations, pay devs for the gameplay functions, pay artists to design gameplay objects for it, etc. But as you know, EA doesn't seem to want to do that.

Anyway, all water under the bridge. I would really love it too if they made a GP all about horses!

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member

I disagree with this.I think it was fun to see them roaming around.Instead they should be in specific public areas .
  • Options
    slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    i loved horses in sims 3 but seems senseless in 4 with no open world
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    The Wild horses in the Sims 3 use to make me laugh lol. I disagree at useless but I do wish the world was open.