Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horses in Sims 4?

Comments

• rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited November 2019
    I think the next Gamepack will be focused on Horses, and will probably release in late January or February.

Why? Because of the recently added new horse coding in the files, and also that picture @SimGuruNinja posted, which I think is a Sim who fell off a horse. (That is my take on it at least, it also might be something completely different though. However they have added a bunch of new horse coding in the files, so they are coming).

• LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    I've already built a stable. I am so ready :D
  • Ellie_xxx1Ellie_xxx1 Posts: 1 New Member
    I really hope they put horses in sims 4, I only have enought money at the moment for sims 4 PC off of origin and not sims 3 so i can not have horses at the moment.
    So would really like to see them in 2020
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Horses are a devil to animate, and Sims riding them will be harder. Just keep that in mind for whatever pack we get.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    edited February 2020
    Loanet wrote: »
    Horses are a devil to animate, and Sims riding them will be harder. Just keep that in mind for whatever pack we get.

But it’s possible. They animated riding a bike so why not a horse? :)

I think we will see horses this year. :)
  • Javi182Javi182 Posts: 63 Member
    Well maybe it may come in a farming pack, already have a house with stables, just need some dang horses.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    I hope so! I miss horses.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member

A bike is a machine made of mostly straight lines. A horse is a body. It's the difference between animating a stick figure and a Sim.

The words "If it's so easy" spring to mind. Still, I think we'll get them, it's just a lot of work.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    I never owned The Sim 3 Pets so I had no idea Horses were available. Not something I'd really incorporate into my game unless I felt it was appropriate to my neighbourhood. I think introducing them in a farming pack would be a good shout. 😊
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited February 2020

A bike is a machine made of mostly straight lines. A horse is a body. It's the difference between animating a stick figure and a Sim.

The words "If it's so easy" spring to mind. Still, I think we'll get them, it's just a lot of work.

definitely way harder than doing cats and dogs. but they already coded a lot of animation cues between sim and horse so they have done something, and got a good idea of how time consuming and how much more money will be needed for them. i'm optimistic we'll get them eventually too.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited February 2020
    accidentally double posted
  • BellatrixedBellatrixed Posts: 2 New Member
    Horses are the main thing I really want to see!

I'd like to see a world just for horses where you can keep them on your lot (in a barn), but for people who live in other worlds, they can choose to board their horse in the new world. After all, most people who own horses in real life board and don't keep them on their property. That would remove some of the issues with adding horses to the other worlds where they don't quite make sense.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited February 2020
    I'ld love to have horses in sims 4 but i'ld hate to have wild horses showing up everywhere as it was in 3.
  • MoodyUniicornMoodyUniicorn Posts: 1 New Member
    @EA PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, LET THERE BE HORSES!!! I'm seriously dying to have horses... I loved the sims 3 for that reason and I would like to enjoy sims 4 just as much. I'm afraid I wont spend anymore money if, horses are a thing of the past... I really love the game, but I will not play or invest anymore if we cant get horses. I can find other game companies to do what I want. I've been a loyal customer for years!!! So I hope to see horses soon! I might still play if horses come with the Sims 5 development but I really want them back! also dont forget about the unicorns!
  • TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    Please no horses, if they were to come they should have been included in pets
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Horses are the main thing I really want to see!

I'd like to see a world just for horses where you can keep them on your lot (in a barn), but for people who live in other worlds, they can choose to board their horse in the new world. After all, most people who own horses in real life board and don't keep them on their property. That would remove some of the issues with adding horses to the other worlds where they don't quite make sense.

I love this idea and agree!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Kaley_KaleKaley_Kale Posts: 71 Member
    I love horses, and I ride horses, and I love this idea! I've always wished there would be horses in the game! and have horse riding as a skill.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    I’d like to see my sims riding horses again. Maybe we could have them in a farm expansion ?
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    My whole family is hoping for a horses announcement next week.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    My whole family is hoping for a horses announcement next week.

I am hoping for updated babies and a romance/babyshower/nursery GP :)
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited March 2020
    I enjoyed horses a lot more than I thought I would in Sims 3. They were actually my favourite horses in all the games I've played that allow you to ride (i.e. Skyrim, Dragon Age: Inquisition, The Witcher 3). I would most likely buy a horse themed pack.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I would love a horse focused game pack so that they can get proper attention and love. Farming is great but with all the things they'd need in it I'm pretty sure horses would suffer in some way.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited March 2020
    Sorry I never used horses in The Sims 3, it doesn't match to the urban lifestyle of my sims.

When I see how the sims use the bikes, it would be scary to see these horses running everywhere.
    Unlike cat and dog, you can't let them walk in the street.

Limit them to an equestrian lot would be sad.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    Bikes were executed really badly but there are already bits in the code to determine wether a cat or dog will stay outside or go inside - that could be reused for horses.
    There's no need to compare horses to bikes, even though I really hope that the issues with riding bikes will be adressed at some point.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen