Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jungle Adventure: How do I get to...

the island? I have found everything else but the access to the island at the bottom of the world screen has alluded me. Does anyone know the trick?

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I thought the boats at the pier might do it like in BB, but they are not usable. So, I imagine that one of the many gates you discover along the way, somehow leads you there. I encountered a couple of gates that were closed and could not be opened on this trip.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    I'm pretty sure I have opened all of the gates. My Sim has made several trips.
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    I was trying to figure out too. So, with me, two gates are locked. The game says it can be avaliable in the next vacations????
    But don’t make sense. Looking to the map, the gates are far away from the island. So, this is a mystery to me until now.
  • Options
    peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    edited February 2018
    i found it ok so there is an area past the bridge that has up to 4 doors one is way to the right down a path that is were the path to the island was for me. i only found a chest and a fishing spot

way to the right if standing at the gate from the bridge
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I have opened all of the gates. My Sim has made several trips.

Some gates have doors blocking the pathway. You have to return later and see if it is open to be explored.
  • Options
    jobug1015jobug1015 Posts: 1,854 Member
    Anyone have a map? I'm completely lost and can't tell which areas I've already finished. I've completed 2 temples, but still see a couple paths that are blocked. I've been on vacation twice. How many times do you have to go?
    o2vOgnf.jpg?2
  • Options
    peoinee wrote: »
    i found it ok so there is an area past the bridge that has up to 4 doors one is way to the right down a path that is were the path to the island was for me. i only found a chest and a fishing spot

way to the right if standing at the gate from the bridge

Oh, okay. I've been there. Kinda hoped for more than that. Thanks!
  • Options
    ashleylolzashleylolz Posts: 6 New Member
    [quote="peoinee;c-16351299"]i found it ok so there is an area past the bridge that has up to 4 doors one is way to the right down a path that is were the path to the island was for me. i only found a chest and a fishing spot

way to the right if standing at the gate from the bridge[/quote]

that path is always blocked for me. and the 1st blocked path won’t ever open for me. i’m very annoyed and confused. i’ve been on vacation twice now and i used all 7 of my vacation days from work haha my sim can’t afford to lose his job
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    link to a thread with two different versions of maps to the jungle: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/935987/selvadorada-omiscan-jungle-map-in-progress/p1

the paths will open eventually, (it took me three trips to get to see them all, the third trip was amazingly lucky and all four of the gates at the big crossroads were open at once (until then, two were always closed). and, at 7 days a trip, that was a long time)

also, my scientist isn't using any of his vacation days up when i send them on vacation. which surprised me, but i'm sure not complaining. i just have them call to go on vacation (from travel tab of phone) and they're treated like they took the day off without spending the saved up vacation days
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I think there needs to be a map released in the "supplies" you get given when you turn up to your "holiday" and that way it can tell you which doors you've conquered and which you haven't so next holiday you can easily tell if doors have opened - I normally leave it sometime between when I go on trips to make it more fun but then I forget which door goes where ^^
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    I was wondering this too. I did manage to get through the gate where there's one treasure chest and one fishing spot with a couple of crocodiles swimming around, but I wasn't too sure if that was the island? It's much smaller than I expected. I thought the island is the one directly across from the docks, close to the cantina, and that one seemed a lot bigger in comparison.

And when I was looking at the map, the layout of the bridge, falls, crashed plane, baths and temple all made sense. The island though is way down on the map, and if I recall, the mainland with the cantina and museum, seems to be in between the temple and the island? I was hoping there was a hidden entrance similar to GF and sylvan glade.
  • Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    Is there a cheat to open the locked doors? I've been back to the jungle over half a dozen times now, sometimes letting a week pass in between trips and the same 2 doors are always locked. Always. Getting really disappointing going back each time now just to find the same doors locked over and over again.
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I was wondering this too. I did manage to get through the gate where there's one treasure chest and one fishing spot with a couple of crocodiles swimming around, but I wasn't too sure if that was the island? It's much smaller than I expected. I thought the island is the one directly across from the docks, close to the cantina, and that one seemed a lot bigger in comparison.

And when I was looking at the map, the layout of the bridge, falls, crashed plane, baths and temple all made sense. The island though is way down on the map, and if I recall, the mainland with the cantina and museum, seems to be in between the temple and the island? I was hoping there was a hidden entrance similar to GF and sylvan glade.

That would make a lot of sense unless it's that you go so far one way that the map kinda wraps? (long shot but you never know) I still think a map should be included in the bits you get when vacationing and you can check the doors off or it does it for you once you've passed through.. IDK
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    quizzyquizzy Posts: 2 New Member
    I have tryed and tryed, but every time i go through the first door, the bridge doesnt appear? Am i doing something wrong?
  • Options
    quizzy wrote: »
    I have tryed and tryed, but every time i go through the first door, the bridge doesnt appear? Am i doing something wrong?

Hi! Once you open the very first gate, the bridge should be straight ahead through some trees and brush. If you go wide with the camera you should be able to see it.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    The bridge hasn’t shown in my game since the lastest patch but my sims can still walk across it. It just seems invisible not missing. Try clicking on the other side of the bridge where the next doorway is to ask to sim to go there and they should cross the bridge as normal it’s worked for me so far.
  • Options
    quizzyquizzy Posts: 2 New Member
    > @netney52 said:
    > The bridge hasn’t shown in my game since the lastest patch but my sims can still walk across it. It just seems invisible not missing. Try clicking on the other side of the bridge where the next doorway is to ask to sim to go there and they should cross the bridge as normal it’s worked for me so far.

Omg!!! I worked. Thank you so much.