Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback: Share with us what you would want to see in the game

Comments

• Options
    columbia93columbia93 Posts: 319 Member
    I just got the BG at the first of the year so my feedback is restricted to no EPs and new to the game. There is quite a bit I do not like about this game. Probably the worst aspect is the inability to move within the neighborhood, as we could with TS3. It's bad enough that a single world has multiple neighborhoods, but at the very least, EA should have at least given us the ability to roam freely within the tiny neighborhood. I can't even visit a neighbor without the stupid travel screen and it also means that I have to go through that if I want to check on or play the Sims left at home. Yes, it's like TS2 but I stopped playing TS2 because I liked this feature so much in TS3. Also, in TS2, Sims didn't age when you weren't playing them. In TS4, you have the difficulty of playing more than 1 sim WHILE they continue to age! The least EA can do is to fix it so we can have a little block of houses that are free-range.

The other aspect I can't stand is the CAS feature no longer being available. Back to TS2 yet again. I truly don't understand this. To top it off, many of the items have limited colors available and EA couldn't even make the colors match! Trying to use different wallpapers in an open floor plan means combining grey blues, with blue blues, with teal blues..... ugh. I hair I used for a child has a kelly green rubber band and yet there really aren't any clothes with that color green. (This hair has no other color options.)

So, basically the things I want are things that you took away and I'm thinking not coming back. That's okay because I can't play the game now after the update. Crashing to desktop. Nothing but trouble from Origin/EA since the first part of November. I'm exhausted, frustrated and not very pleased.
  • Options
    EldircoraEldircora Posts: 40 Member
    I really like the new patch feature, the one that makes book decor items act as bookshelfs. Would be super cool if they added more similar features, such as being able to grab 'wine' from wine decor items or even from a fridge, along with 'beer' and other not mixed juices.
  • Options
    When visitors come, we aren't notified. We only know if we spot them at the door. I think a doorbell would be helpful.

They knock on the door. I guess it can be difficult to hear if you have a big house though.
  • Options
    Deadtech5Deadtech5 Posts: 152 Member
    I just wish we had more depth in the game. like yeah we can be a we can be a mermaid, but we cant be down in the ocean with them. yeah we can trick or treat, but our kids can't and only NPC can trick or treak. yeah we can be a teacher, but we can't physically treach a class.
    chewbacca-wink.gif
  • Options
    pollytamalepollytamale Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to see:

CAS:
    -more unique and customizable trait options, like, what a sims likes and dislikes, what a sim is skilled at, and more trait options that have a higher impact on gameplay
    -more hair options, i'm mostly talking about hair swatches. i would especially love to see more tones of blonde and more red/ginger.
    -more piercing options, including different variations: sizes, colors, and shapes (like a small diamond one, or a flower)
    -more customizable colors for clothes, similar to sims 3 a fully customizable color menu, including patterns

BUILD:
    -bean bag chairs!! bean bag chairs!! these are a super-easy way to make a room much cozier
    -fairy lights, these are another way to make a room much cozier
    -record player
    -more posters in the base game! i mean posters hung up by tapes and tacks! (especially pin-up girls, bands, inspirational quotes, things that a teen would have.)
    -small family portrait wall pictures

RANDOM/GAMEPLAY
    -more radio stations! (metal, soundscapes etc.) for higher variation, just to add some more personality to a sim
    -more tasks, crafts, skills, to add more expansion to gameplay
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Multipurpose lots, so you can have a cafe and a museum on one lot for example.

Owning non-retail lots, like a spa or gym (where you can still generate revenue based on services or perhaps entry fees).

For Dine Out: a method of running a restaurant that operates similar to how a cafe just has the bar where food is ordered and delivered instantly, so you can have more fast food type restaurants.
  • Options
    BolonkafrauchenBolonkafrauchen Posts: 73 Member
    Hi,
    My new change-wishes for 2020:

I. Very important Please add "cousins" to the family tree. I am currently playing the 100Baby-Legacy challenge and it is really frustrating, that my Sims are constantly trying to make a baby with their cousins and second cousins. Inbred relationships are highly dangerous and I think it would be good if children playing this game can be taught subtly that woohooing with your cousin is not okay.

2. Please add a new low room-height just about the height of a standard door (but hey, having a few animated doors, where the Sims have to bow their head or crouch a little to go through would be even better :D ). Leave the standard height as default and only add a few new wall-height windows. That would be really great for attics, cellars and small huts (mountain huts, island huts, outdoor huts)

3. I love the new "up-grade a bed" function, but why didn't you include toddler beds? It is so strange, that toddlers sleep much better on the floor when they faint, than when they are in their own beds.

4.I like it that a child-sims can learn logic when they maxed their thinking skills. But you could include gameplay toys that encourage other skills For example a children's kitchen that helps with the cooking skill, after the creative skill is maxed. or the child violin that actually lets the child learn violin. Using the monkey-bars ore swimming should increase fitness-skills. A child with maxed social skill could help the toddler go potty and increase paenthood skills. There are probably more similar items you get the idea :D

5. Include the 135degree angle in the stairs-build. That would allow us to wrap the stairs around the walls in almost any room form, including the 6 cornered rooms. Toddlers can still use these stairs.

6. Please add ladders. I know it would be difficult to add toddlers on them. If you make stairs only accessible for toddlers with walking skill 4, they can use the "normal climbing pattern" just scaled down. Unlike stairs, only one Sim can use the ladder at the time. If you don't like ladders, what about "pull-down attic stairs"? Animated stairs. Once they are down, they are nearly normal stairs, useable for anyone. if you make one-tile-wide stairs use two tiles of space, Sims can pass the stairs when thy are down. Pull-down stairs can be put in corridors to reach attics, or even "trap-door cellars"

I would be really happy for these changes, because they will improve the game quite a lot
    Thanks
    Bolonkafrauchen

vdeaSb2.jpg
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Could you please add wild animals (a fox and a racoon) as possible walkbys in certain regions (Granite Falls, Windenbourg island and countryside, Glimmerbrook)? They simply wouldn't show up for people that don't have Cats&Dogs so it should be doable with a patch.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Kaylen34Kaylen34 Posts: 78 Member
    Hi,
    My new change-wishes for 2020:

5. Include the 135degree angle in the stairs-build. That would allow us to wrap the stairs around the walls in almost any room form, including the 6 cornered rooms. Toddlers can still use these stairs.

yyeeeees. also, I would love to be able to place pictures/windows on walls with stairs without using cheats.
  • Options
    lakirelakire Posts: 75 Member
    I'd love to have:

CAS:
    More clothes for toddlers and children
    More Accessories for children
    Unique clothing for every life stage as it's kind of boring that teens and young adults have the same selection of clothing and stuff.

B&B:
    Board games that's NOT bound to a certain table
    Changing tables for babies and toddlers as in the sims 2
    A crib for toddlers to use if you don't want them to sleep in a children's bed.
    A swing made for toddlers
    More toys especially for toddlers
    Different kinds of strollers/buggy's to push babies and toddlers around in when out in the neighbourhood
    A supermarket to shop for food at
    More kinds of appliances to the kitchen

Gameplay:
    Different colours on homework books depending on subject or age (children or teen)
    Schoolbuses
    schoolbags
    Toddlers being able to sit on adults, young adults and teens laps
    More recipes for cooking and baking
    Movies for all ages
    Toys for the bathtub
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited January 2020
    Babies being able to have a bath ex. in the sink. Parents being able to sit on the couch or an armchair and breastfeed their babies. Babies being able to sleep in a carriage in the garden, and parents being able to walk them along in the carriage like they can walk the dogs now.
  • Options
    Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    More build mode variety please.

Carpet, wallpaper, tile, linoleum, exterior siding, and more variety in patterns and colors. Decorative wall elements for the exterior so we can build better period homes, more elaborate/decorative exterior wall treatments, stickwork, scroll-sawn details, cornices, cornice trim pieces. Proper Craftsman porch columns, Proper ivy and flowering vines that can be placed to crawl up multiple stories.

We need a “This Old House” stuff pack

Bring back Bauhaus build stuff too!

Mid-Century modern build stuff would be great too!

Curved walls would be amazing!

Why do we not have hanging potted plants?

• Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    Eldircora wrote: »
    I really like the new patch feature, the one that makes book decor items act as bookshelfs. Would be super cool if they added more similar features, such as being able to grab 'wine' from wine decor items or even from a fridge, along with 'beer' and other not mixed juices.

This reminds me of Wine making in Sims 3. After making the wine, the bottles were stored in wine shelves. I remember I had a working Winery/ Restaurant. The top floor was a fully functional farm, complete with a tractor ride. The basement was the winey and luxury restaurant. Admittedly, I sometimes had issues with the Chefs showing up, but otherwise this lot worked perfectly. Sims could buy wine, eat dinner, harvest grapes, and other fruit, to make their own wine, while kids could take a tractor ride.

Last night I stuggled in Sims 4 just to get my Sim to his uni graduation, without family, because they are not able to attend... Probably because families attending was buggy in Sims 3, so instead of making it work they cut it in Sims 4. Well, I'm only speculating, but I often suspect the reason Sims 4 is so empty is to avoid the lagging & bugs from Sims 3. I would rather they cut out Stuff packs completely, and take a little longer with GPs & EPs, I would even be fine paying $5 or so more for each pack, but only if the pack felt complete, and any bugs we're fixed within the first month or so.

Perhaps instead of stuff packs they could create a smaller version of The Sims Store and sale cool things they couldn't fit into packs within the budget. I know not everyone liked the Sim 3 store, but it really allowed you to have a fuller game, and the daily deal (more like hourly) sections was so fun.
  • Options
    I love how we can now use book decor items as bookshelfs and I came up with couple of other ideas for the Tiny Living stuff pack patches.

1. Pencil holders and Parenthood crafts decor item could act as activity table when used on a regular table/desk.

2. We should be able to use regular mirror for vanity table actions. That item is just too big and rarely ever suits the style of a house and I end up never using it, even though I like the activities it provides.

3. 'Juice' decor items could act as bar, at least for not mixed drinks such as wine or beer.

4. We need to be able to make cupcake machine recipies in the oven. Otherwise it's just a waste of that object and the recipies it comes with.

5. Game tables. Would be nice if we could just place cards or Don't wake the lama game on a regular table, without having to fit in another table with 4 chairs.

6. Items with wheels should be draggable - karaoke machine, desk chairs and one bar chair with wheels, one table that I know of. Bubble blowers should be dragable as well so it's actually convinient to place them in your house and use them once in a while.

7. There are couple of chairs that could be at least draggable, if not foldable or stackable:

WYTDULr.png

8. Would be nice if we could make coffee, tea and popcorn on the stove, so we don't need additional space for special appliances.

9. Couple of other items could act as bookshelfs as well:

epwndET.png

Not related, but how come if we make sacked lunch and take it to school/work it doesn't dissapear, even if the sim was hungry and his hunger bar got filled? It makes this whole features pointless.
  • Options
    Lemon405 wrote: »
    More build mode variety please.

Why do we not have hanging potted plants?

There are 3 hanging potted plants in the debug catalogue if you really need some :) bb.showliveeditobjects cheat, then click on the search icon and go to the bottom of the whole catalogue
  • Options
    ayedejayayedejay Posts: 1 New Member
    Multiple businesses on one lot (retail, cafe, restaurant, etc where different employees work specifically in that particular place on the lot). Gameplay (at least on my end and others I see on this thread) would be so much more enjoyable.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    • Expand upon the occult/supernatural: werewolves, zombies etc as well as some with more limited interactions like the genie, bigfoot etc.
    • Fun surprises in the game--in a winter world having the chance of seeing a penguin or polar bear maybe, freezer bunny etc
    • Updated traits/personality system. I've seen a few mods address it so I feel it could be done.
    • Favorites system
    • Travel to the past/medieval, more vacation packs, another quest/story pack but with more story options/replayability
    • Happy Haunts GP please!
    • Superheroes/Apocalypse
    • Updates to Island Living if possible to allow underwater diving/visuals
    • More creatures you'd see in the world like seeing a fox or bear in Outdoor Retreat update/forest worlds.
    • More small pets like rabbits, chinchilla, turtle etc.
    • Bonehilda!!!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    Gucci800Gucci800 Posts: 10 New Member
    I would love to have more pets! Like lizards, birds, snakes, ferrets, bunnies, horses, etc. Please
  • Options
    AyshelaAyshela Posts: 1 New Member
    Eyebrows. Dear God, the eyebrows. Every possible hair colour in each age group should have eyebrows to match. It is completely ridiculous that a character with white or pink hair who has a child who has white or pink hair - that child ends up with black eyebrows because the closest match is... blonde? Yeah, no, not even close. Come on, you can do better than that.
  • Options
    SpirsenSpirsen Posts: 1 New Member
    I dream of a farming expansion with husbandry and the ability to make produce and farm the land and with horses that you can train and show in 4 categories; western style, english style and showjumping and horsemanship/free dressage/circus style (horse game pack could also be an option for the last part <3)

with regards to current gameplay, i would love to have a doorbell and more hair colour options ;)
  • Options
    notyourdeitynotyourdeity Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi.

EA could you please do something to improve the family tree system? I hate how it cuts off at 4 generations and for some reason removes marriages once one party is a ghost. PLEASE, please fix this – I just want to be able to look back on my sims' legacy and feel a sense of accomplishment without having to use an external app like Plumtree.
  • Options
    Madz_LBMadz_LB Posts: 17 Member
    I'd love to see another option when you move homes/lots to have "leave all furniture" in addition to "sell furniture" and "pack up furniture".
  • Options
    Madz_LBMadz_LB Posts: 17 Member
    Also love to see the clothing racks be able to be used as wardrobes in the same way the bookends now can function as bookshelves
  • Options
    AmberslavinAmberslavin Posts: 5 New Member
    I would love to see more eye colors, fingernails/acrylic nails, build mode categories and combos (i.e. show chairs that match or fit well with certain dining tables, end tables for beds, etc.) Allow sims to apply make up, braid hair, or pony tails with the option for random or preset. Please make the sims move less when in CAS, and the dogs poop less (everytime I pick a new breed, it poops)
  • Options
    AmberslavinAmberslavin Posts: 5 New Member
    Please allow college sims to go to class early, not just on their own whim.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top