Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback: Share with us what you would want to see in the game

Comments

• Ickywoo88Ickywoo88 Posts: 10 New Member
    > @CJSimmie said:
    > First and Foremost - I'd like to address the skin tones released in the Feb. 06 Patch. As a POC (Person of Color) I am offended that you would add these incomplete skin tones in a Patch. Due it being a FREE release you could've released additional skin tones when it was done correctly. It feels like you've handed POC's a 🤔🤔🤔🤔 and we're supposed to be Ok with it. Please Fix the splotchy, unflattering skin tones. Thank You :)
    >
    > What I'd like to see in the game:
    > - More Accessories & Clothing styles for the Present 2018
    > - DIMPLES
    > - More Beard Options
    > -More NPCs (burglars, Firefighters)
    > - More Careers Options (Rappers, Rock stars, Singers, Military, Teachers, Models, Actors, Tattoo Artist, SELF employment/Business Owner)
    > - Memories
    > - More Relationship Option Defaults (Stepmom/stepdad instead of acquaintance, Uncle's wife reading as Aunt instead of acquaintance) or at least extend the options in the CAS dropbox so that the players can fix it
    > - The ability to set clothing requirements for clubs/ lounges. (I made an upscale nightclub, but I can't require party outfits be worn)
    > - CAS Color wheel for hair
    > - Extend unnatural hair colors to children and toddlers
    > - *******HIP HOP Radio Station******** (You represented our dance moves in the Get Together Pack Yet there no radio station
    > - Make that flatters ALL skin tones
    > - Hairstyles from the present
    > Make-Up, Eyelashes, Nails
    >
    >
    >
    > Trendy Urban Hairstyles
    >
    >
    > Cool Accessories
    >
    >
    > Street Fashion

There is a hip-hop radio station. I think it originally came with Get Famous but then it was patched in to the base game and Get Famous just adds more songs to it. It's in my game at least and I rarely use mods so I didn't get it from elsewhere. I'm a strong believer that if I am paying you thousands of dollars for a game, I should not need to go find free mods to make it fun and playable... (Nothing against mods or their creators or people that use them. Mods are great if that's your play style)

I agree with everything else tho. We need more careers. Like I really miss the bands from Sims 3. We need a drum kit and maybe an electric guitar. We already have keyboards. I soooooo badly want to make a garage band that can take gigs. Maybe set it up like the actor career or something or freelance (providing the freelance careers get fixed and can actually be completely consistently) Military career is an option. It comes with Strangerville. They did also add the education career with Uni but I think with the release of HSY a regular teacher career would be awesome. I would love my sims to be the teachers at high school. I even have a sim in the education career and she lives in Copperdale so I can pretend she's a teacher there, when actually she's just in the education career lol. I do wish there was more self employment gameplay. Like I think there's a place on the phone where you can register your self employment. Like on the phone my vet can select it and type in that she's a vet and what it entails, but then it doesn't extend to anything else. She still shows as unemployed in her sim profile or when asked about her career. They added firefighters but my sim can't be one =[ It would be a great career option to add for all those athletically inclined sims who don't want to be a pro athlete or body builder or mountain climber... Police officer or firefighter would be great. And all the sims studying villainy or like mischief can be burglars as a side hustle... Lol. Bring back that burglar alarm from sims 3.

Why can't my uncle's wife be my aunt? What if she's been part of the family longer than I have? Lol. Same with step relatives. Like really my step brother has to be my acquaintance?

Color wheels for everything. They've added swatches so it is getting better, but there are still so many times I find a shirt that I just love or a piece of furniture and then I can't match anything else to it. Like a shirt is a unique color and anything close is just off enough that it looks weird.... I've noticed this a lot with green clothes... I'm a ginger so green is my color... I can't match a lot of green things, clothes or furniture. (There's not even a lot of green furniture =\... Like mission decor has a white and green bed that's pretty.... But that's about it... HSY and DHD I think added a little bit of green furniture but not a lot and definitely not integrated into colors of other packs for matching)

Eyelashes. YES!! We have eyebrows so why were eyelashes never added? At the very least let us pick the color or match them to hair.
  • Ickywoo88Ickywoo88 Posts: 10 New Member
    > @XOXHyugaNejiXOX said:
    > I would like to see a castles pack. Including a world where there is only one lot and it is way bigger than the largest 64x64 lot. More like 200x200 lot. I realize that it would push the devices hard, but having a lot that big doesn't mean you have to use it ALL for a castle.
    >
    > - Should have lots of portrait options
    > - Maybe fairies
    > - Usual pack add-ons
    > - New stone wall swatches and matching floor swatches
    > - animal rugs
    > - Very large fire places
    > - Fire pits
    > - Rounded staircases
    > - Spiral staircases
    > - Big ballgounds and large hairstyles
    > - mischievous spirits?
    > - Archery as a skill? Maybe swords and horses.
    >
    > Also recommend not so many basement level options, and instead let the floor levels go higher. 1 or 2 basement levels and 6-7 above ground levels. That many basement levels is useless and a waste because I've never actually seen a basement used past 1 basement level. Maybe I could see 2 levels for secret things, but no more than that.
    >
    >

I don't disagree with you about the basement.... But I did build a house that was only 4 levels (max allowed) and it was all basement... Lol. Basically a Fallout Shelter... It was a paranoid scientist/doctor couple who live in Strangerville... The world is a dirty scary place and their 6 kids can't be exposed to the horrors that await on the surface... Lol
  • haleighreilly19haleighreilly19 Posts: 9 New Member
    Personally, things I would enjoy in the game that are not currently included:

The ability to chose whether you want to tuck in tops to trousers with all items of clothing (not things like crop tops obvs lol)
    More colours available for furniture and furnishings
    Resizing poster sizes (without cheats)
    Types of photo frames
    More options for clubs for kids like TS3, I know we have scouts but other clubs could be cute
    Smaller dolls houses as they are huge and take up so much space
    Strollers for babies and toddlers like in TS3
    I would love to control the cats & dogs in the expansion pack but unfortunately not able to do so
    Height editing in CAS

:) :p
  • nautomicnautomic Posts: 1 New Member
    I have MANY suggestions. (new here so hopefully I'm doing this right.)

a few of my suggestions:

1.) The ability to filter build mode objects further by what you like/dislike, so we don't have to scroll endlessly for a certain item.

2.) Ability to completely scale items to the exact size you want them, so when resizing you don't have to worry about an item becoming too small or too big.

3.) Ability to change light color temp on any lighting item.

4.) Fridge magnets.

5.) AND BRING BACK THE SOCIAL BUNNY!!!
  • RakeeyaRakeeya Posts: 1 New Member
    I like the challenges, but I don't like to switch families often.

I assume more challenges are being added to game anyway, what I'd like to see is challenges that are applicable to current family. Launching from somewhere ingame while playing the family you want to apply the challenge to. Don't know if it makes sense at the current state where usually none are applicable.
  • BlackGirl73BlackGirl73 Posts: 66 Member
    I want the possibility to turn off the phone. And the messages!

No more random calls about the cliffs!
    No more invites to a festival!
    No more "Oh, do you know you can travel to Batuu?"

etc.pp. These calls and messages are boring and interrupt my playing.
  • jellybelly_3jellybelly_3 Posts: 75 Member
    > @BooV7227 said:
    > In regards to Careers and Activities...
    >
    > 1) More normal jobs!
    > - Can we get better, more varied pizzas added so that I can run a pizzeria and send my employees out on delivery orders?
    > - I still want all of the careers from TS2 back, like Architecture, Education, Law, Military, Natural Scientist, Oceanography, Paranormal, and Slacker!
    > - I would love to see all of the NPC jobs that are not currently playable opened up for played sims (bartenders, gardeners, maids), and see a few unlocked as active careers too.
    > - New rabbit hole jobs: Teen=Lifeguard (pool or beach), Florist, Professional Landscaper, TV-Media/News/Local Weatherman.
    >
    > 2) A Farming/Farm Animals Expansion/Game Pack!
    > Animals:
    > - Sheep/Llamas for wool (along with a knitting or crocheting skill).
    > - Pigs you can either “Trade For Bacon” via phone option, or raise them for ribbon prizes at the Fair.
    > - Breed ponies and horses for work, shows, or for racing. An Oasis Springs racetracks lot would be awesome!
    > - Building and then stocking a chicken coop to collect eggs (if you buy an incubator you can even breed your own chickens!).
    > [An important bonus to chickens would be that if you place a coop near your garden they eat the bugs going for your veggies, so you no longer have to spray for them.]
    > - Raising your own turkey for the Harvest Feast (snickers evilly.)
    > - Cows and goats for milking (Dairy skill ! Milk your animals, then drink it, cook with it, or learn to make butter, yogurt, different cheeses…).
    > - As with our current plants, properly caring for the food animals would raise the quality of their product.
    > Harvestable Plants:
    > I'd love to see oranges, limes, avocados, and with all of the 'plums' all over the forums I'd like to see plum trees added, with the option to turn them into prunes (and grapes into raisins)!
    > I'd love to have low-growing heads of cabbage (green and red), and low-growing heads of spinach-shaped spinach, instead of the weird tiny bunches growing on a bush; it's a little off-putting.
    > Blueberries and raspberries, watermelons, growing your own (edible) pumpkins to cook or carve, and I don't know what pineapple plants look like but sure, those too!
    > Bell peppers, chili peppers, jalapeno peppers, eggplants, wheat, oats, and corn!
    >
    > -- Can we see children gain the ability to weed, water, and harvest a plant? And make their own sandwiches and microwaveable meals?
    > Gardening and Cooking should be skills kids can learn!
    >
    > 4) When it comes to the club system, would you please consider adding:
    > - Gender filters (for Little Rascals-style Boys/Girls clubs, or Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts)
    > - Location filters (Oasis Springs Country Club, Windenburg Pub Crawlers, etc)
    >
    > - And in general, a bunch more icons to work with in the Club UI, at least a handful relevant to each pack we have!
    > I honestly don't mind if the club doors and rugs don't match the extra icons, a blank set in the same colors would do just fine with me =D
    > Per Pack:
    > - Base Game: Ghost icon!
    > - Get To Work: icons for every career, and for retail (a cash register?), so that we can have things like The Local Business Owners club.
    > - Get Together: Already Set!
    > - City Living: icons for the new careers, and for each Festival!
    >
    > - Outdoor Retreat: herbs icons
    > - Spa Day: tiny massage table, hot rocks?
    > - Dine Out: icons for the experimental foods?
    > - Vampires: fanged-mouth, garlic, coffin
    >
    > - Luxury Party: the drink fountain?
    > - Perfect Patio: hot tub?
    > - Cool Kitchen: ice cream
    > - Spooky: pumpkins, autumn leaf, candy
    > - Movie Hangout: TV, popcorn?
    > - Romantic Garden: flowers!
    > - Kid's Room: All The Voidcritters!
    > - Backyard: the three birds?
    > - Vintage Glamour: the globe bar?
    > - The New Bowling Pack: a bowling ball, pins, bowling shoes
    >
    > - Can we please get the ability to open the Clubs List window in the Map View (like when you are first choosing a club to join)? And the ability to edit from there? I can see keeping an incentive to make new clubs via an actual sim, so only give those 100 bonus points for starting a club if you start it as a sim. Otherwise, being able to start a new club in Map View (or at least to look over the list and make club-summary/icon edits!) would be extremely convenient.
    >
    > - Would it be possible to add a setting to auto-fill clubs as they lose members, club story progression? I have this with MCCC, but it would be a nice proper-game feature that users can toggle on or off in either the options menu or the club window depending on whether that would bug them.

To kinda bounce off of what @BooV7227 said towards the beginning, I think making all NPC jobs active and available for all sims would be an amazing touch to the sims 4. Also, adding different types of delivery services such as FedEx, amazon, USPS, etc. will give that realistic feel to the sims. Like imagine instead of getting all your mail in your mailbox, sometimes packages will be left at your DOOR, depending on the size and whether or not it can fit in the mailbox (as in real life!!!), and packages left at your door vary in size too! Another thing I'll love to see is more part-time jobs that allow you to follow your sim to work. One more thing I'll add is that it'll be super cool if y'all expand on that feature where you can purchase groceries or food via phone, like making that a job on its own can be a great option, but not limited to, college students trying to make a quick buck! Adding a newspaper delivery service to the game and letting kids also apply can help them make a quick buck too, saving up for something they want, or helping their parents.
  • CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    I would like to see:
    1) More fixes and refreshes in general
    2) Toddlers not being locked at home all the time
    3) Family members not being treated like friends and given a separate tab
    4) More CAS relationship options
    5) Babies being treated like actual sims
    6) Making all jobs playable
    7) Making sure all townies are updated to current standards
    8) More pet stuff
  • KennaplayssimsKennaplayssims Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to see more gameplay options! I think it'd be cool to have more things for Sims to do and more interactions as well!

-Movie Theater: I think it would be awesome to get a Movie Theater lot! Your Sims could purchase popcorn from a vendor, buy tickets for the newest upcoming movies, and come out of the theater with their opinion of the movie affecting their mood.
    -Ice Cream Parlor: An ice cream parlor would be a fun addition to the game. Sims can travel to the nearest ice cream parlor on a hot summer's day and enjoy some delicious soft serve or hard serve ice cream, choose their toppings, and create their own sundae from a vendor.
    -Arcade: I wish we got more arcade games from the Get Together pack than just the Button Masher. I think it would be cool to get an Arcade lot with a variety of different arcade games and a claw machine that can release actual toys and small items for your Sims!
    -Amusement Park: I was really excited for HSY, but I was a little disappointed that the pier wasn't an actual lot. I think it would be cool if there was an actual amusement park with rollarcoasters and different rides for your Sims to go on!
    -Baby/Wedding Showers: As an addition to Seasons, Parenthood, and My Wedding Stories, I think having baby showers and wedding showers would be cool additional events for Sims! Like for birthday parties, Sims can open up presents from the present pile and choose to recieve baby/wedding shower gifts from their guests. Sims hosting a baby shower, could get items for their baby and Sims hosting a wedding shower, could get items for their house.
    -Daycare: Although there's an option for you to send your toddler to daycare, I think it'd be cool if it was an actual lot and you could follow your toddler there and do stuff as your toddler.
    -Elementary School/New High School Interactions: I think a fun element added to the Sims games would be a feature that allows you to follow your Sims' kids to elementary school and have objectives like in HSY. I also think it'd be fun if HSY would require more interactions instead of just sitting in class. Maybe during art class, the students have to paint for a certain amount of time. Or maybe in science class, they have to use the chemistry lab. Fields trips could also be a fun addition as well!
  • queersimmer30queersimmer30 Posts: 3 New Member
    Can you guys actually do some work on families? You have this entire parenthood pack, and yet, parents don’t really recognize their own children as their children and children don’t recognize their parents. Even this new “social bunny” thing. My sims kids call her by her name instead of “mom” for example and send the same kinds of texts that my sims friends do. “Hey buddy, what’s up?” Or uses their name instead of recognizing them as their parents. Like there should be family specific messages that get sent and have them actually refer to their parents and mom/dad, mom/mom, dad/dad, etc.

They treat eachother like everyone else: I’ve even seen family members “fangirling” over their own mother and literally fainting over seeing her. Like, even when my sims kids graduate, or get married, they get the same generic text they get from random neighbours, from their own parents. It just doesn’t feel like much work goes into making the relationships between family different from an acquaintance on the street.
  • queersimmer30queersimmer30 Posts: 3 New Member
    Also; I would like to see better poses for the camera. I wanna be able to take family photos but most of the poses are just boring and they stand away from eachother. Once I was able to take these cute photos of my sim holding her kids hand and they are looking at eachother, and another where she’s standing behind her with her hands on her shoulders when I chose “take photo with” now kids don’t even show up to take a photo with anymore. I can get someone else to take it but it’s those poses where they stand apart. Not to mention the “flirty poses” are weird. They have 2 poses for couple sims and it’s one where they randomly put there arms in front of themselves and look at eachother “flirty” like and the other is just one sim with their arms crossed and the other just making a face at them. Idk. I thought when I built up photography skill the poses would get better but they don’t.
  • sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member
    id like my sims to stop flirting with anything that moves please! the wants/fears seems to make them want to flirt alot. im not sure if its the wedding pack related or not but why is my sim wanting to flirt with his mother in law as a want? i turned wants/fears off as the fears are so repetitive and i do the things that stop them but they dont stop or the wants are things that i wont be doing like flirting with xyz

i also dont like how my sim flirted back to her fiances brother flirting with her, at her own engagement party in front of her fiance. its too much. both my sims got the jealous thing and i had no idea why until i saw rando sims flirting with my sims who flirted back. why is this a thing?

id also like it if my sims would just autonomously go for a jog. my family just moved to sulani so itd be nice if they just went off the lot exploring, beachcombing or jogging
  • PikamochzoPikamochzo Posts: 3 New Member
    Would it be possible to add the possibility to swim in the ocean/sea in Brindleton Bay?
  • Novum_SemitaNovum_Semita Posts: 5 New Member
    I'd like to have an option to get to the top of the business career without being morally corrupt. Once you get promoted to a certain level the "Dirty Money" chance card always comes up without fail and you have two options. "Lose" the papers (becoming morally corrupt as you're willingly letting these executives get away with their illegal activities) or Turn in the papers and get fired. I was thinking maybe we could have a third option. Perhaps one called "Leave this to someone else". And if you select that option your sim drops the file evidence, as if by chance, on a co-worker's desk, so they can see it, who has a much better standing with the company and so is not as dispensable as your sim. Then later that day you hear around the water cooler that the corrupt executives have been fired and the co-worker whose desk you dropped the evidence off at as getting many pats on the back and messages of congratulations. Maybe your sim gets a temporary jealous debuff (tense) with the title "That could've been me." But ultimately they get to keep their job whilst having a good moral compass.

I'd posted this over on the EA answers HQ but felt it would do better here. Hope you can add this as I'd love to have a morally good sim reach the top of their business career.
  • mljones88mljones88 Posts: 272 Member
    What happened to the ability to choose which whims are kept or saved? Do I have a bug? I no longer see the x to remove a whim or the ability to save one so it doesn't get overwritten. Sometimes I only see 2 whims and then I get a third. This is after the install of one of the new packs, High School Years. Was this intentional?
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member

Pausing in my building to make a teeny, tiny request - the ability to put any wall covering on the foundation. Just now, I was wishing again I could make a brick foundation without the big wood trim at the top. Or is there already a trick for doing that I don’t know about? 🙂
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • TamotakaYTTamotakaYT Posts: 1 New Member
    I really wish the devs could add some stuff from TS2 to TS4. And the stuff I would like the most to be added would be cuddling. In The Sims 2 couples cuddle after wohoo or while they sleep or they can also just otherwise cuddle in bed/ under the stars or in the hot tub..Ect. I LOVE if that would be added at the very least to the Sims 4 base game!
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    mljones88 wrote: »
    What happened to the ability to choose which whims are kept or saved? Do I have a bug? I no longer see the x to remove a whim or the ability to save one so it doesn't get overwritten. Sometimes I only see 2 whims and then I get a third. This is after the install of one of the new packs, High School Years. Was this intentional?

Yes, whims are gone. Now its wants and fears. And I too hate you can't cancel them.
  • Lolli999Lolli999 Posts: 19 Member
    - The ability to have more than 8 people in the household (you could for example have an option in the settings, if it makes the game work poorly)

- When you buy or sell items, you can sell as many as you want and not just 99 and moreso you dont have to click like 99 times.

- Make the cows and lamas go freely like the chickens (its kinda like you put something into the game, but not really)

- The ability to build your own cities like in the sims 2 where you could build roads and grounds (the scenery is not that important)

- Make babies more playable, why are they bound to the crib like the first sims game, thought the game had developed more.

- Cut out all those ekstra sorts of packs like kits and so, just keep it simple like the sims 2 and 3 a Gamepack and a Stuff Pack. The other packs and lack of content and objects just saddens me as a simsplayer who loyaly has been playing since the sims deluxe, it really makes me feel like the sims has becomed a cash cow, and not a game for the true players.

- Implement some of the features from the old games - the winepart was really fun
  • Light_BulbLight_Bulb Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a few suggestions of things that could be great to see in a future update:

-it would awesome if we could see more skin detail options like a few vitiligo options, scarring that isn’t cc or dlc, and more obvious freckles
    -more hair options in the base game of varying textures and styles including more mens hair styles
    -more eye color options or a custom eye-color slider and the ability to give your sim heterochromia would be awesome
    -it would also be nice to have more base game clothing options as well for various styles including more alternative style clothing options!
  • ScottrowScottrow Posts: 1 New Member
    Please please PLEEEEEASE make a sims murder mystery pack where you have a giant gathering and find a dead sim then proceed to interrogate the sims and look for clues to find the killer there’s waaaay too much for little kids and not enough for us adults that have been here from the beginning PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS it will sell like hotcakes seriously please!!
  • theOddPixeltheOddPixel Posts: 1 New Member
    Could you please dedicate time in to revamping the swatches of all items in the game so that simmers can actually customise build/CAS items? The Sims 3 was absolutely amazing in this way and I just don't get why this customisation was taken away from us with TS4. I *hate* how limited we are on swatches for all items in the TS4s.

I want to be able to do things like:
    Have a colour wheel/hex options for all items so that I can have colour scheme for my house and finally have matching sets of furniture, flooring and wallpapers/customise my Sims hair, eyes and clothing colour to my hearts content.
    Change the colour of the bedding and bed frame (to name one example) separately

Seriously, I don't want/need more packs... I just want to be able to properly customise the colours and maybe textures of all the items we already have. It would be such a game changer in the best possible way. It would be like having a whole new expansion pack and I know I'm not alone in wanting this feature. Please Please PLEASE make it so!!
  • NeganTheSaviorUSNeganTheSaviorUS Posts: 6 New Member
    8 YEARS LATER

The sims 4 pass free, very good. The sims 5 will arrive soon I imagine, in 1 year or 2.

But there are still so many basic things present in the other sims that have yet to be added to the sims 4 !
    At least the thieves, real babies, being able to Cuddle on the bed, being able to READ A BOOK while lying on the bed ! Cars, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 it all still not possible after 8 years ! And these are the basics !
    They would dare to stop the sims 4 without it, knowing that the community has been asking for it (rightly) from the start?

And I'm the only one to be surprised that it's only in the sims 4 that you can't cuddle your partner while lying on the bed, or read a book or chat with?
    Already they added the possibility of relaxing on a bed 7 years later...
  • Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    edited September 2022
    Ideally I'd like a few things implemented.

1) Make the Wants/Fears option actually stay off.

2) Give us the ability to save makeup and accessories so we don't have to keep adding them to every different outfit.

3) Make the eye dropper copy object tool work for debug objects because that would be a major time saver.

4) Give us the option to completely switch off the phone, this will benefit players who want to play historical only games.

5) Provide the option to not receive notifications about certain events such as the Finchwick Fair or San Myshuno festivals, which makes no sense if my sim doesn't live there. Also don't show NAP notifications when NAP voting is switched off.

6) Make the filter option for packs in build/buy actually stay on until deselected. Its so frustrating having to continually change it when I want to make builds for people who don't have lots of dlc.

7) Give our sims the ability to be completely anti-social as a trait. Far stronger version than the loner trait without fear of others.
  • Medraut_PennMedraut_Penn Posts: 7 New Member
    This may have been suggested before, but one thing that I would like to see is integration with Easels and Moschino Stuff Pack, where sims could Paint Portrait of Sim on Marker... and be able to pose their subjects in one of the Camera poses, but then "Paint From Reference" them on the easel.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top