Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An extra tomb for Shang Simla

JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
If you explored every tomb there is to explore, maybe you'll have fun checking out a brand new one :) I took one of the towers in the Forbidden City of Shang Simla - the West Tower - and turned it into a tomb.

Rcpjcls.png

It contains puzzles, riddles, secrets, everything you'd expect from a TS3 tomb. I've thoroughly checked it - testing testing testing - and translated important signs into English. I have no idea if the default texts adapt to the language you play your game in tbh, but everyone familiar with tomb exploring in the game won't need those anyway (I mean the texts that appear when exploring a dive well or 'go through door', stuff like that).**

The link to the tomb

To replace the original you first must bulldoze the original West Tower. It's a hidden lot, so you'll have to type in those cheats first in order to be able to remove it:

ctrl-shift-c, type: testingcheatsenabled true
ctrl-shift-c, type: enablelotlocking true

3187694_orig.png

Now use the bulldoze tool. After you've done that, you can place the tomb.

5272721_orig.png

I of course appreciate any kind of feedback, both tips and tops :) You'll obviously need World Adventures, and Late Night is recommended (though not necessary). If you're going to play the tomb: I hope you have fun!

** default texts appear in the language of your game (thanks @Rukola_Schaaf )

Unfortunately there seems to be a glitch with one of the toggles. Sometimes it works fine, but sometimes your sim can’t reach it for some mysterious and unsolvable reason (because there is no apparent reason). The only solution when you encounter this (there is an interaction possible but your sim complains he or she can’t get there) is to go into build/buy mode (don’t peek!!! :p ), pick it up, put it right back and go back into live mode. Then it will work.
5JZ57S6.png
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Downloaded! I'll try it out eventually. I've got sims at university currently. I think the household has a vacation home in China, and one of the couples (currently at university) both have the Disciplined trait. I guess I have a honeymoon plan now. :p
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Please make sure to let me know how it went! I'm really curious how it plays when you don't know what to do (a downside of creating one yourself :p ).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    great !
    i'll try it tomorow, thank you :kissing_closed_eyes:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    You're awesome! One of the best things about TS3 is the community of players who love the game and want to help others maximize their enjoyment of it, whether it's the tech types over at the help center, or people like you who make bonus content for the rest of us to play with. I just bought WA and will install in a few days, when I've finished building my family's next generation. Will the tomb be around for a little while? Or should I download it now? A new puzzle adventure is right up my alley, and I'd hate to proctrastinate so much I miss out.

P.S. I actually kinda like the Dutch in your screenshots. Aside from reminding me that people all over the world love The Sims, I feel like it adds character and authenticity to the threads. And it's a bit of a puzzle to figure out, too.
    edited January 2018
    Yaaaay, you’re all awesome :blush: As long as MediaFire doesn’t pull tricks on us the way Photobucket did, the link stays so no hurry ;) Hope you guys have fun with it!

(lol, yeah, the Dutch in the picture is meant help and locate the tower; ‘drakengrot’ = dragon’s maw, ‘basiskamp’ = base camp, ‘academie’ = academy and ‘verlichtingstuin’ = scholar’s garden)
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited January 2018
    i think i am stuck :hushed:

the door/entrance/? for the moon stone is not there

i am not very good with puzzles, can't make any sense of the blue & green clue :grimace:
    or maybe i missed something else :grey_question:

dzil52.jpg

edited January 2018
    I’ll pm you, because of spoilers and all ;) (love you’re actually playing!)

(that picture :D )
    5JZ57S6.png
    that's a pretty big tomb, wow !

i thought my adventuress will master it in 3 days but she didn't
    maybe i make her stay longer via NRaas otherwise she will have to travel back home before she can explore the whole tomb

it's really a nice adventure, she is constantly overjoyed :smiley:
    she wishes oc as an adventury type to discover the whole tomb, i don't want to take that away from her
    she even started to reconsider her preference for Egypt & started to think about China as a thrilling adventure land :smiley:

@JoAnne65
    would you maybe like to make a new tomb in France ?
    i loved the France tombs most of all 3 destinations, Egypt the least, that's just me :smirk:

i would like to travel with my adventuress, Sonia Storch is her name, to France too
    in this game she's new, did manage to travel to Egypt only so far, but she's oc very willing & eager

edited January 2018
    @Rukola_Schaaf Thank you, so glad you like the tomb! (and Sonia :blush: ) I’m going to try and solve the glitch you encountered and that appears to be persistent without there being any reason. I’ll give a notification when I have (I’ll just change the link in the OP when I do).

I’d love to do another tomb! I wonder if there’s a spot or building in France that I could use, like I did with the existing West Tower. I’m going to open France and take a look around there :smiley:

Oh, p.s., I was wondering, do the default texts (so other than the signs with the hints and riddles) show up in your own language or in Dutch?
    5JZ57S6.png
    the texts show in german, as they should since i am playing in german, no dutch, only your english & the usual german :smile:

& thank you for this tomb, it's great to have something new to play in TS3
    Thank you <3 I’ve added a paragraph concerning an issue you encountered, with a temporary solution.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I finally got my Disciplined couple to China (but not for a honeymoon, they still need to age up to YA). Nice work, your tomb was fun! I did get stuck on the blue/green clue for a while, but eventually figured it out.

Is there an "end" to the tomb? What I mean is, my sim rolled a wish to fully explore a tomb but the wish was not satisfied after I thought I explored everything. I checked in build/buy mode and didn't see anything else to do. I don't know if that's something you can add via a trigger or not. Or maybe I missed a place to go.

I also maybe ran into another issue; I'll PM you.
    Thanks for playing and thanks for your tips! I’m going to make some adjustments, they will indeed improve it. And never thought of adding that final room marker *blush*, will do that as well. Sorry your sims couldn’t fulfill that wish :(
    5JZ57S6.png
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I will download and play this, but, may be just a bit before I can as my explorer sims are currently in a porter file while I fix the original world as it lagged out and was crashing on me.
    bekkasan wrote: »
    I will download and play this, but, may be just a bit before I can as my explorer sims are currently in a porter file while I fix the original world as it lagged out and was crashing on me.
    Great :smiley: I’m working on a few adjustments now though (thanks to two testers), I’ll leave a notification when the link goes to the updated version.
    5JZ57S6.png
    I've made the adjustments, the improved version is under the same link in the OP :)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    This is AWESOME @JoAnne65 ! :smiley: I can't wait to try it out myself! Though it might be a while since I'm working on a big sim wedding right now for my story. :blush:

Thank you for your talent! :star: And sharing it with us. <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    edited April 2019
    @emorrill Thank you :smiley: I really hope you’ll enjoy it! Maybe they’ll choose China for their honeymoon :blush:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @emorrill Thank you :smiley: I really hope you’ll enjoy it! Maybe they’ll choose China for their honeymoon :blush:

@JoAnne65 Gotta admit the thought had crossed my mind before I found out about this tomb you created. :blush:

Shang Simla is the most BEAUTIFUL world of the 3 and I WISH someone could make it into a playable world! (Not doing the NRaas thing...)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    If you explored every tomb there is to explore, maybe you'll have fun checking out a brand new one :) I took one of the towers in the Forbidden City of Shang Simla - the West Tower - and turned it into a tomb.

Thank you for all of your work, I downloaded it yesterday. Also thank you for the detailed instructions-descriptions!
    @SimsplyRuth You’re welcome, thanks for reacting :smiley: Hope you’ll enjoy it.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    This is wonderful! Haven't played it yet, but I love tombs. I've built a few myself, although strangely, most of mine are for Dragon Valley. (I revamped some of the community lots for it and added tombs. At least one is pretty complex.)

I am definitely going to try this, the next time I have one of my Sims do some traveling. I didn't think anyone else liked making tombs. :)
    I have a second one in my signature, one I made for a CAW world not so long ago. I love making them! Do you have links to yours? I’d love to try them out (if they don’t have any CC; mine don’t). Hope you’ll enjoy the West Tower :)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited September 2019
    Mine are CC free, and are in my studio on my Sims 3 profile page. Like I said, I took some of the regular community lots - the grocery store, the bookstore, the library, and the garden - and improved them. All but the grocery store has a tomb in it, and most of the others also have a version without the tomb for those who don't want it.

I went to your sig, but I thought it brought me to the same one. Now that I know it's different, I definitely want to get it. :)

Edit: Just remembered why I hadn't downloaded it. Your link leads me to a post on another thread. I looked for a link, but there wasn't one in that post or any other that I could see. Where can that lot be downloaded?
    Post edited by MiaSkywalker on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top