March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mods and CC Not Working? Here are a few tips.

Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
edited January 2018 in Mac - Technical Discussions
Every time there is a new patch or EP/GP/SP added to the game we always get the same questions. My Mods and CC are not working! Help? So here are a few tips to keep you up to date. Whenever a new patch comes out, it fixes or changes the way the game works. Hence the need to update mods as the patch changes or updates the way many objects/interactions, etc. work which in turn affects the way the mods work.

1) Turn off automatic updates in Origin. This will prevent your game from updating until You (the player) tell it to update.

2) When you see the Notification either here on the forums or when you start up your game that there is a new patch, immediately check the sites you got your Mods/CC from as the latest patch may affect how those mods/CC work in the game.

3) Update your Mods before patching your game. Saves you time in case you need to trouble shooting.

4) Make sure to always recheck the option in Game Setting to allow mods and CC to show up and run. Then immediately restart your game.

5) Remember where you get your CC/Mods from as this is always where to check to see if the creators have updated to work with the latest patch.

6) Neither BlueBellFlora or myself are the creators of mods. If you have issues even after following all of the above steps, please contact the original creators of these mods for further assistance.
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
Post edited by Tremayne4260 on

Comments

• Flowerless_SimmerFlowerless_Simmer Posts: 6 New Member
    Amazing tips, very helpful! Mind if I add on?

Sometimes mods break and/or crash your game. Here's what to do.

-Split your mods into different folders that you can see on your desktop. (Ex: Group 1, Group 2)

-Make a folder called "Working CC". You will drag the unbroken CC into that box.

-Open your real mods folder and drag your first group out of it's group and put it into the mods folder. Open The Sims and see if anything in that folder crashes.

If it does crash:
    -Try to find out which CC in that group is broken by testing each and every one by itself, or halfing it and testing that, then continuing to half it until it comes down to the one broken one. Or you can just guess, delete the one you think is guilty, and test again of course.
    -Once you find the broken one, throw it away and drag the non-broken ones into the "Working CC" Folder you made. Continue the process from step 3 but with the next group.

If it doesn't:
    -Drag all of the CC into your "Working CC folder". Continue the process from step 3 but with the next group

-Once finished, select everything in the "Working CC folder". Drag that into your mods folder, and your CC should be working.
  • EckoEcko Posts: 9 New Member
    Help, the pyromaniac trait mod doesn't work anymore. The trait doesn't appear in the traits list. It says the mod is installed though. I am not the only one with this problem.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    @Ecko, not being the creator of the mod in questions I am not sure how to answer you. You need to contact the creator and see if they have updated their mod to work with the latest SP and updated patch.
  • wheatpenguinwheatpenguin Posts: 1 New Member
    hi, can someone help me out with mods? i tried downloading mccc quite a few times, and did exactly as videos were showing me. but for some reason it isn't showing up in the game. also, i used winrar to extract all the files that require it, and some of those mods aren't working either. in fact, only about two of the mods work. i have lots of cc in game which works just fine, but i've always been unable to download mods. am i doing something wrong? it's getting pretty frustrating so it'd mean a lot if someone could suggest something i can do? thank you.
  • MayaArmaniMayaArmani Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m having the same problem, my cc work in my game but none of my mods r working!! I have no clue what to do! Very sad
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    @wheatpenguin and @MayaArmani, did you follow the steps in the first post? If you have and you are still having problems, have you checked the sites you downloaded the CC/Mods from?

In regards to MCCC, your best bet is to contact the MTS forums as the creator/caretaker of the Mod usually check in there. Afraid I don't use it, so I have no advice in regards to where to place it.