Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Missing EA folder

This discussion was created from comments split from: 12 Days of Simsmas!.

Comments

• HopestreeterHopestreeter Posts: 2 New Member
    edited January 2018
    I need some help! I have played the sims for 4 years now and when I first started I didn't have to use origin, now I have to and I no longer have an electronic arts folder under my c/: drive its under my documents folder and I have for example the packages folder listed under my sims three that is on my c/: drive but under the origins folder has a lot of file folders names like po2, po3... and so on but nothing is under it. I also see there are simmers who post things that I seem to not have on my sims 4 and I have all the packages. I also see these challenges but I never know that there has been any challenges like before when I would open my sims 4 it would have challenges on the main screen where you could learn about them and what to do, but no I no longer see them. I came here this morning to see that there was an update to sims 4 in dec, but I didn't receive it. I play ever day and I only had my game update yesterday when I downloaded some mods that show when I open the game but I can't find them in the game or the only two that I did find turned my sims into this black box and you couldn't see her. Can anyone help me please. I love playing the sims. I am a mom of 3 and have had some things happen in my life that I don't think about when I play my sims game. It's like I can be someone else for a while and not worry. I also like to learn how to create some of these wonderful artistic items that other simmer create but I don't know how they do that either, lol. I just want to have my system and game update and be able to have other simmers creations added to help make the game more interesting. I appreciate anyone's help. My email is [Removed] if you had
    rather email me with advice and help.

(Post edited by EA_Mage.)
    Post edited by EA_Mage on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    edited January 2018
    I need some help! I have played the sims for 4 years now and when I first started I didn't have to use origin, now I have to and I no longer have an electronic arts folder under my c/: drive its under my documents folder and I have for example the packages folder listed under my sims three that is on my c/: drive but under the origins folder has a lot of file folders names like po2, po3... and so on but nothing is under it. I also see there are simmers who post things that I seem to not have on my sims 4 and I have all the packages. I also see these challenges but I never know that there has been any challenges like before when I would open my sims 4 it would have challenges on the main screen where you could learn about them and what to do, but no I no longer see them. I came here this morning to see that there was an update to sims 4 in dec, but I didn't receive it. I play ever day and I only had my game update yesterday when I downloaded some mods that show when I open the game but I can't find them in the game or the only two that I did find turned my sims into this black box and you couldn't see her. Can anyone help me please. I love playing the sims. I am a mom of 3 and have had some things happen in my life that I don't think about when I play my sims game. It's like I can be someone else for a while and not worry. I also like to learn how to create some of these wonderful artistic items that other simmer create but I don't know how they do that either, lol. I just want to have my system and game update and be able to have other simmers creations added to help make the game more interesting. I appreciate anyone's help. My email is [Removed] if you had
    rather email me with advice and help.

(Post edited by EA_Mage.)

Hello @Hopestreeter
    Your Sims 4 folder is found in Documents -electronic arts -sims 4 folder. The electronic arts folder is meant to be in the Documents folder, so what you have on your computer is how it should be.

The challenges only appear at certain times of the year. There are no challenges running currently.

There were a lot of cc/mods broken by the recent patches. This link thread contains a list of some of the recent broken and updated mods. It would be best to see if there is an updated version of your mods/cc to download/install.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017/p1?new=1

Sims 4 Studio tool has updated its program, and has a batch fix that includes fixing the cc items broken by the last patches
    http://sims4studio.com/board/6/download-sims-studio-open-version (register with the site first before trying to access the download page )
    It would be good to download the latest version and run the cas and object batch fixes,if you are having cc issues.
    After installing the program, click the tools label at the top of the screen, the batch fix options will be able to be accessed from the drop down menu
    You need to register on the site but it is free. You need to be logged in to access the download page.
  • vamperella_d_heartvamperella_d_heart Posts: 11 New Member
    i myself am having this problem too not about the challenges but about the missing folders,

i just got a new laptop and i downloaded origin and all of the sims 4 games that i have.
    i want to add all of the custom content (mod folder) that i saved onto a usb.
    i go into my folder explorer and go into my docs and there is nothing there for the sims. just a folder called my bluetooth.
    i back out and go into my pc, user, docs and again nothing is there.
    i then proceed to go into program files (x86) origin games and that is where a sims 4 folder is but Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 does not exist.

did i screw up somewhere in the download? what can i do?
    i myself am having this problem too not about the challenges but about the missing folders,

i just got a new laptop and i downloaded origin and all of the sims 4 games that i have.
    i want to add all of the custom content (mod folder) that i saved onto a usb.
    i go into my folder explorer and go into my docs and there is nothing there for the sims. just a folder called my bluetooth.
    i back out and go into my pc, user, docs and again nothing is there.
    i then proceed to go into program files (x86) origin games and that is where a sims 4 folder is but Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 does not exist.

did i screw up somewhere in the download? what can i do?

Hello @vamperella_d_heart
    You need to load and play the Sim 4 game once to generate a sims 4 folder, Once you have played it once on your new laptop, a Documents -Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder will be generated.
  • vamperella_d_heartvamperella_d_heart Posts: 11 New Member
    thanks, for a second there i really thought i screwed something up
  • jennabennawennajennabennawenna Posts: 23 Member
    Forgive me if this is not where I am supposed to post this, I'm new here. I am missing a bin folder and I can't find any discussion talking about this issue. I can't remember if I've ever had the bin folder and I don't know what it does, but a mod I want to download is supposed to go there and I don't have it. Please help!
    Forgive me if this is not where I am supposed to post this, I'm new here. I am missing a bin folder and I can't find any discussion talking about this issue. I can't remember if I've ever had the bin folder and I don't know what it does, but a mod I want to download is supposed to go there and I don't have it. Please help!

Hello @jennabennawenna
    Are you playing Sims 3?
    If you are, it may be best to post your questions on this link thread for Sims 3 game issues where simmers who are new members are able to post , as they can't start new threads,
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893122/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-issues#latest
    No, I'm playing Sims 4. I've triple checked that the mod is for Sims 4 as well.
    Nevermind and thank you! Someone showed me where to go in my files to get there!
    Nevermind and thank you! Someone showed me where to go in my files to get there!

It is good that you have worked out where to place the mod.
    Also, welcome to the forums :) Happy simming!
  • Malina96Malina96 Posts: 1 New Member
    I was having an issue and while writing it I thought of an obvious solution.
    I've recently installed Sims 4. I've run and restarted the game multiple times. I installed it on my D: drive and also moved my documents folder (correctly) to my D: drive, yet I have no EA/The Sims 4 folder.
    If this happens to anyone else just search in windows explorer for Electronic Arts. Mine ended up in my videos folder somehow?