Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best Pc / Laptop to play the sims 4 with best grahpics?

Comments

• nix999nix999 Posts: 3 New Member
    Will keep shopping around, thanks for your help. :)
  • jaXmiXe1jaXmiXe1 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > jaXmiXe1 wrote: »
    >
    > Hi! I want to play the sims 4 on the BEST settings, for it to run extremely smoothly, and to have space for my collection of CC(at this point i think it’s over 8,000. i really don’t know.) is this a good gaming computer. i think it is and it should be with the price. i’m willingly to pay a higher price for the best. and i don’t want to build a PC neither. i have no time for that. do you guys like it:
    >
    > it is a CyberPowerPC BattleBox Ultimate Desktop
    >
    > and it has:
    > - Intel Core i7-8700K
    > - 32GB Memory
    > - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    > - 240GB SSD
    > - 3TB HDD
    >
    > it comes with a gaming mouse and keyboard and retails at best buy for like $2500 i think.
    >
    > thanks for the help!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's way overkill for the sims games and a waste of money. You don't need something like that unless you play much heavier games than the sims.
    >
    > If your only playing the sims
    >
    > Nvidia GTX 1060 would be fine
    >
    > intel i5 8000 series would be fine
    >
    > 8-16 gb ram .The game will only need 8 gb but if you want to future proof 16 gb would be fine should you play other games or multi-task

thank you! will those specs for sure get me the best possible game play?
  • greenfroginapondgreenfroginapond Posts: 3 New Member
    @chesterbigbird do you have those links? Also was wondering if whatever I get will be able to handle S3 as well...not essential but if possible would be awesome!
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    @chesterbigbird do you have those links? Also was wondering if whatever I get will be able to handle S3 as well...not essential but if possible would be awesome!

Haha sorry i was looking for this thread to reply to you just now.. so thanks for bumping it LOL
    i have been sick this week so sorry for the late reply.
    OK so when it comes to buying a laptop you are much better buying online then you are in a store..because they are much better and cheaper.
    Any of these would work well
    https://www.affordablelaptops.com.au/contents/en-us/p3480_msi-gp63_GP63-8RE-094AU.html
    If you wish to make the sims 3 load and run faster on the above then add the larger SSD (use the solid state drive drop down tab on the right hand side and add a 512GB M.2 Sata
    https://www.affordablelaptops.com.au/contents/en-us/p3485_gigabyte-sabre-15_Sabre15-1060-803.html
    This one cannot be customized to add the larger SSD but will still play the games well.

You basically should be looking for a 8Th gen intel i7
    16GB of ram
    1tb HDD (and a larger SSD if you can afford it)
    Nvidia GTX 1050, 1050ti or 1060.
    And a 1080p screen (19020x1080)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    jaXmiXe1 wrote: »
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > jaXmiXe1 wrote: »
    >
    > Hi! I want to play the sims 4 on the BEST settings, for it to run extremely smoothly, and to have space for my collection of CC(at this point i think it’s over 8,000. i really don’t know.) is this a good gaming computer. i think it is and it should be with the price. i’m willingly to pay a higher price for the best. and i don’t want to build a PC neither. i have no time for that. do you guys like it:
    >
    > it is a CyberPowerPC BattleBox Ultimate Desktop
    >
    > and it has:
    > - Intel Core i7-8700K
    > - 32GB Memory
    > - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    > - 240GB SSD
    > - 3TB HDD
    >
    > it comes with a gaming mouse and keyboard and retails at best buy for like $2500 i think.
    >
    > thanks for the help!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's way overkill for the sims games and a waste of money. You don't need something like that unless you play much heavier games than the sims.
    >
    > If your only playing the sims
    >
    > Nvidia GTX 1060 would be fine
    >
    > intel i5 8000 series would be fine
    >
    > 8-16 gb ram .The game will only need 8 gb but if you want to future proof 16 gb would be fine should you play other games or multi-task

thank you! will those specs for sure get me the best possible game play?

The specs I gave you meet and exceed the recommended requirements.
    edited June 2018
    @simsonthemoon

What is on the cheaper side? What is your country and budget? You do need a gaming laptop and they are not that cheap
  • greenfroginapondgreenfroginapond Posts: 3 New Member
    @chesterbigbird Thank you so much! What is your opinion on the ASUS ROG 350vm? Specs are as follows:

15.6" Full HD 1920x1080 16:9 Display
    7th Generation Intel® Quad Core™ i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz (3.8GHz 6MB L3)
    256GB SSD + 1TB HDD Storage
    16GB RAM
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB DDR5 Graphics

With a dual ssd/hdd which one do you install the games on? Cheers
  • aluletalulet Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi! I need help picking a computer for my simming :)

I currently play the sims 4 with all packs on a Macbook pro mid 2010 15" on very low graphics
    here are the specs:

Processor: 2.4 Ghz Intel core 15
    Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 330m 256 MB

I am in need of a new computer for school and editing, and the only game I play on my computer is The sims 4. I was wondering what specs I should look for in a computer? I want to be able to play on Med graphics (at least). I don't know much about computers, and thats why i turned to this thread. Thank you for taking the time to read this :)
    @chesterbigbird Thank you so much! What is your opinion on the ASUS ROG 350vm? Specs are as follows:

15.6" Full HD 1920x1080 16:9 Display
    7th Generation Intel® Quad Core™ i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz (3.8GHz 6MB L3)
    256GB SSD + 1TB HDD Storage
    16GB RAM
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB DDR5 Graphics

With a dual ssd/hdd which one do you install the games on? Cheers

So while the above ROG is not bad the ones i recommended with the i7 8750H are going to be better the cpu is roughly 30-50% better then the i7 7700HQ so that's worth while thinking about. So if you have the budget go for the i7 8450H cpu.
    I actually cannot find anything out about the cooling or quality of the ROG you mentioned.. do you have a link for it?
    Do keep in mind a 256GB SSD "might" be enough to install the sims 4 without much CC but not both the sims 4 and sims 3 so one will have to go on the HDD.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

alulet wrote: »
    Hi! I need help picking a computer for my simming :)

I currently play the sims 4 with all packs on a Macbook pro mid 2010 15" on very low graphics
    here are the specs:

Processor: 2.4 Ghz Intel core 15
    Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 330m 256 MB

I am in need of a new computer for school and editing, and the only game I play on my computer is The sims 4. I was wondering what specs I should look for in a computer? I want to be able to play on Med graphics (at least). I don't know much about computers, and thats why i turned to this thread. Thank you for taking the time to read this :)

What's your Budget and where are you located? desktop or laptop?
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

[/quote]

What's your Budget and where are you located? desktop or laptop?[/quote]

I’m trying not to go over $800
    [quote="alulet;c-16564731"]
    [/quote]

What's your Budget and where are you located? desktop or laptop?[/quote]
    I’m trying not to go over $800 [/quote]
    Ahh! I think i messed up >.< this forums guide is very confusing. But I’m located in the USA and i would preferably like a Laptop
  • SliightlystoopidSliightlystoopid Posts: 1 New Member
    Im trying to find a laptop then can run sims 4 smoothly under $600 but I’m having no luck):
  • TisklyTiskly Posts: 41 Member
    edited June 2018
    If you are only looking for a laptop, I completely understand. To people who are just looking for budget PCs in general, does it always need to be a laptop?
    To people looking for computers for The Sims 4, I find that you'll be able to find a computer that can run The Sims 4 decently or as intended for cheaper with a desktop. This is because with laptops, it all needs to be compressed, costing more money. You can usually, and I mean usually, get more for less with a desktop option. I understand they aren't for everyone, but just wanted to put that out there in case anyone is having trouble finding something affordable yet performs well for the game with their money.

For some who are open to the idea of a desktop, I've found with experience of having a few different laptops and desktops while playing The Sims 4, a desktop, if you're building from scratch or if you're looking second hand, with the Nvidia GTX 750 ti graphics card is a good GPU for the game, if you are looking at second hand or older PCS especially. If you have a bit more to spend, the 1050ti is a much newer version of this kind of card. You can expect with the 750ti, as long as you pair it with a compatible and decently speced processor, a great experience. It's also not the newest card on the market, so it's very affordable, as GPUs come anyway.

Again, it isn't going to be running your newest AAA titles at 60FPS. But as far as budget GPUs go, both cards, 750ti in older PCs, and the 1050ti in newer ones, are some of the best for their price.
  • BeachMamaBeachMama Posts: 4 New Member
    Would either of these computers work for the sims 4?

Option One
    Make your digital dreams a reality with the creator-friendly Dell Inspiron 17 5770 laptop. Whether you're editing videos, touching up photos, or drafting a work presentation, a 17.3" diagonal display's 1080p resolution brings it all to life in brilliant detail. An Intel Core i7 processor and 8GB RAM keep things running smoothly from beginning to end. And a vast 2TB hard drive stores ensures every file is close at hand when you need it. From Dell.
    Includes Inspiron 17 5770 laptop with AC adapter
    Windows 10 Home operating system
    1.8GHz eighth-generation Intel Core i7-8550U quad-core processor with 8MB SmartCache, up to 4GHz
    17.3" diagonal LED-backlit anti-glare Full HD display with 1920x1080 resolution
    8GB 2400MHz DDR4 RAM
    2TB 5400 RPM SATA hard drive
    DVD+/-RW drive
    802.11ac dual-band Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth 4.1 wireless technology
    Intel UHD Graphics 620
    Waves MaxxAudio with stereo speakers
    720p widescreen webcam with dual digital microphone array
    Backlit keyboard
    Three-cell lithium-ion battery
    SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card slot
    USB-C port
    Two USB 3.1 ports
    USB 2.0 port
    HDMI, ethernet ports
    Headphone/microphone combo jack
    Measures approximately 16-3/8"W x 1"H x 11"D; weighs 6.15 lbs
    UL listed; 1-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty

OPTION 2
    NVIDIA GeForce MX130 graphics and a stunning 4K display, the Dell Inspiron 15 7570 laptop delivers high-quality visuals in a perfectly portable frame. The 15.6" diagonal display is ideal for Ultra HD streaming, creative projects, and gaming. And thanks to its speedy 512GB solid-state drive, files load in a flash. From Dell.
    Includes Inspiron 15 7570 laptop with AC adapter
    Windows 10 Home operating system
    1.8GHz eighth-generation Intel Core i7-85500U quad-core processor with 8MB SmartCache, up to 4GHz
    15.6" TrueLife LED-backlit Ultra HD touchscreen display with 3840x2160 resolution, IPS technology
    16GB 2400MHz DDR4 RAM; expandable to 32GB
    512GB solid-state drive
    802.11ac dual-band Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technology
    NVIDIA GeForce MX130 graphics with 4GB GDDR5 graphics memory
    Waves MaxxAudio with stereo speakers
    720p widescreen webcam with dual digital microphone array
    Backlit keyboard
    Four-cell lithium-ion battery
    SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card slot
    USB-C port
    Three USB 3.1 ports
    HDMI, ethernet ports
    Headphone/microphone combo jack
    Measures approximately 14-1/4"W x 3/4"H x 9-5/8"D; weighs 4.41 lbs
    UL listed; 1-year Limited Manufacturer's WarraNYU

*I am open to other options as well. Preferably under $1,000 usd
  • LeowolfLeowolf Posts: 0 New Member
    Can you help me find a good cheap laptop I could use for sims4 I been looking an asking
    Hollyyyy wrote: »
    Here are some others I've looked at (this could be in another language to me for all I know)

ADMI Ultra-R1 Gaming Computer: AMD FX-8300 8 Core 4.20GHz CPU, GTX 1050 2GB HDMI Graphics Card, 8GB 1600MHz RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, WiFi, Corsair SPEC-04 Glass Red LED PC Case, Windows 10

ADMI GAMING PC: AMD 2200G 3.7GHz Quad Core CPU / AMD Vega 8 Graphics / 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 RAM / 1TB Hard Drive / 500W PSU Bronze Rated / Corsair SPEC-04 Glass RED LED Gaming Case / Wifi / Windows 10 + Rocket League game

ADMI E-Sports Ultra Gaming PC: AMD FX-4300 4GHz Turbo Quad Core CPU, ASUS M5A78L-M PLUS/USB3 Motherboard, Geforce GTX 1050 2GB DDR5 Graphics Card, Seagate 1TB Hard Drive, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Memory, HDMI 1080p, USB 3.0, WiFi, Corsair SPEC-04 Black/Grey LED Gaming Case, Windows 10

The First would be the best out of them, The second has integrated graphics so that's a big NO.
    The first should play the game well on medium/high if not ultra.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• JDW1997JDW1997 Posts: 2 New Member
    I've posted here before.. sorry to post again.. this time i am about to purchase :) are these good specs for running game on ultra?
    Custom Case :
    Obsidian 450D

Motherboard Setup :
    ASRock
    B150M Pro4

Processor :
    Intel Core i5-7400

CPU Cooling :
    Standard Intel Heatsink

Memory :
    High Performance
    16GB 2400Mhz

Memory Cooling :
    None

Boot Hard Drive :
    1TB Hard Drive

Storage Hard Drive :
    None

Graphics Card :
    AMD Radeon R7 360

Chassis Fans :
    Stock Fans

Power Supply :
    Corsair CX500M

Operating System :
    Ubuntu 17.04

Should I add more ram or storage or cooling ? Change some things? Let me know!
  • JDW1997JDW1997 Posts: 2 New Member
    sorry wrong specs in first post

Updated Specs -

Custom Case :
    Obsidian 450D

Motherboard Setup :
    ASRock
    B150M Pro4

Processor :
    Intel Core i7-7700K

CPU Cooling :
    Standard Intel Heatsink

Memory :
    High Performance
    16GB 2400Mhz

Memory Cooling :
    None

Boot Hard Drive :
    1TB Hard Drive

Storage Hard Drive :
    None

Sound Card :
    Onboard Audio

Graphics Card :
    AMD Radeon R7 360

Chassis Fans :
    Stock Fans

Power Supply :
    Corsair CX500M

Operating System :
    Ubuntu 17.04
  • Elliee1984Elliee1984 Posts: 302 Member
    Hi!
    Hope it’s okay that I post here. My old computer is starting to shut down and I’m looking for a new one. I’m looking for a desktop that can run sims 4 with all current and future packs smoothly on the highest settings. I also have a ton of mods/cc and would like it to be able to accommodate for that. I’m thinking of spending around 10.000 - 15.000 SEK which is approx 12-1600 US dollars. I am based in Sweden. Please let me know if there is any additional info you need.

Thank you!
    Elliee1984 wrote: »
    Hi!
    Hope it’s okay that I post here. My old computer is starting to shut down and I’m looking for a new one. I’m looking for a desktop that can run sims 4 with all current and future packs smoothly on the highest settings. I also have a ton of mods/cc and would like it to be able to accommodate for that. I’m thinking of spending around 10.000 - 15.000 SEK which is approx 12-1600 US dollars. I am based in Sweden. Please let me know if there is any additional info you need.

Thank you!

If your in Sweden you need to ask @WiggleyTuff or @chesterbigbird
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Hi!

Thank you!

Hey is it only desktop or is it desktop+monitor+mouse+keyboard?
    Do you want to build it yourself or prebuilt? (There is a site that let you custom pick your components and if you pay them 500 SEK they will build it for you)
    Do you need wifi adapter or do you have a internet cable?
    Hi!

Thank you!

Hey is it only desktop or is it desktop+monitor+mouse+keyboard?
    Do you want to build it yourself or prebuilt? (There is a site that let you custom pick your components and if you pay them 500 SEK they will build it for you)
    Do you need wifi adapter or do you have a internet cable?

Only desktop, I have all the other stuff plus internet cable. I want it prebuilt or the option of custom picking components and then having it built :)
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    @Elliee1984 Ill send you a link tomorrow before work(: ill keep it within your budget
    @Elliee1984 Ill send you a link tomorrow before work(: ill keep it within your budget

Thank you so much! You’re the best :smiley: