Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grow Fruit?

While gardening I keep getting aspirations related to the grow fruit. Has anyone seen this item in console, and if so, where?

Comments

• NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited December 2017
    Sorry, wrong area. I would not know how to get the growfruit on console.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Jinx23Jinx23 Posts: 436 Member
    In buy mode, if you buy either the garden pot or square, you can click on it in live mode and purchase seeds. Or around town, you can sometimes see wild apple trees or other fruit that you can pick and then plant at your own lot.
  • bela4bela4 Posts: 78 Member
    Jinx23, I was asking about a specific item, the grow fruit. It is a type of fruit they made up and put in the game. I have not seen it in the console game, yet I keep getting aspirations for it.
  • sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    On pc there was a limited timed challenge where grow fruit trees could be harvested. Not sure if console version will be getting challenges as well? Anyway, you can find grow fruit in the buy debug menus. You may have to enable cheats, which disables trophies and achievements. A work around is to have a separate "cheat save" and create a room in build mode, place object in the room, then save to your library, then download the room in your other save. Just to let you know, the grow fruit trees I planted never bare fruit, so you still can't harvest them and no glowing animation. I just cancel the whim if it pops up.
    That is just wrong. To complete my collection, I must have the grow fruit and one other item which I do not recognize. It is some kind of oblong, egg shaped fruit or veggie.
    There are a few other "archived" collection or challenge items like the sugar skulls, Easter eggs. I wonder if your mystery egg shaped item was a forbidden fruit? Part of the plant SIM challenge. I missed that one.
    @sooozeeebeee I missed the plant sim challenge on pc as well, but perhaps that is it. I certainly hope the challenges come to console, as why would they put something like that on your collection chart just to taunt and annoy the completist folk who enjoy such things. I found the holiday crackers, and got all the beanie babies from that, but when I looked for a display shelf, the only thing present was the sugar skull shelf, which was, of course, unavailable, as the game came out after the challenge. SO unfair to taunt us in this fashion! Anyhow, thanks for the reply and have a lovely new year :)
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    As we wont be getting the challenges on console i do wish they would remove the challenge collectables from the collectable section. Its anoying as we can't complete them all.
    edited December 2017
    Where did you hear we will get no challenges on console?? I will be an unhappy simmer if I do not get the easter eggs, sugar skulls etc.
    bela4 wrote: »
    Where did you hear we will get no challenges on console?? I will be an unhappy simmer if I do not get the easter eggs, sugar skulls etc.

Official Q&A i saw. The post was either on sims community or sims vip. Basically its due to the process console patches go through. Console patches have to go through microsoft\sony before they can be released hence why console are behind in terms of patches. Well minus those sand snowmen we got the day after pc.
    I will be expecting my Easter eggs, sugar skulls, plant sims and GROWFRUIT. Also the shelves for putting your collectables on. Need those. They should not have put the skull rack etc in the game if they weren't going to give us the goodies! And I am not going to use cheats. Never liked them. Sure hope we get some more content soon! I want cats, dogs, camping, yoga and more sim absurdity!
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I will be expecting my Easter eggs, sugar skulls, plant sims and GROWFRUIT. Also the shelves for putting your collectables on. Need those. They should not have put the skull rack etc in the game if they weren't going to give us the goodies! And I am not going to use cheats. Never liked them. Sure hope we get some more content soon! I want cats, dogs, camping, yoga and more sim absurdity!

The goodies are all in game still, they just cannot be accessed without cheats anymore. The same applies for anyone who missed the challenge on PC.
    edited January 2018
    If we are not going to get the events then i hope they remove the event collectable catagories from the game. Its frustrating to see them when you cant actually get them.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    If we are not going to get the events then i hope they remove the event collectable catagories from the game. Its frustrating to see them when you cant actually get them.

Not likely to happen. They still appear on PC, even after that special events are over. They are not needed to complete our reward achievements though. Since they are found in the debug menu, they will always appear.

Not likely to happen. They still appear on PC, even after that special events are over. They are not needed to complete our reward achievements though. Since they are found in the debug menu, they will always appear.

I wont use cheats as i dont want to disable trophies
    @Simsfan99111

You do not need all of them for the trophies. I assumed console has many of the same boring achievements that are found on PC.
    @Simsfan99111

You do not need all of them for the trophies. I assumed console has many of the same boring achievements that are found on PC.

The achievements are the same i think, yes. I am a trophie hunter though so i want them all lol.
    @Simsfan99111

The achievements are the same i think, yes. I am a trophie hunter though so i want them all lol.

If you are going for an achievement with the gardening plants, I believe you only need the original base game ones. Same for most of the collection achievements. The only thing unlocked with the growfruit was two decorated planters, and that was only during the special event on the PC. The other special event items only unlocked special in-game decor items or in the case of the plant SIM seeds, a special tree.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited January 2018

The goodies are all in game still, they just cannot be accessed without cheats anymore. The same applies for anyone who missed the challenge on PC.

This.

Its like if you use buydebug cheats you can find those items in the game. So you can fill that collection but cheating to do so.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

I was hoping to get the growfruit etc. At this point I would just be happy to get some actual content and maybe a patch for the controls, as they go all wonky every hour or so on my xbox. And by content I do not mean another thrilling stuff pack either.
    I was hoping to get the growfruit etc. At this point I would just be happy to get some actual content and maybe a patch for the controls, as they go all wonky every hour or so on my xbox. And by content I do not mean another thrilling stuff pack either.

I saw a greyed out Romantic Garden in the Buy Mode filter, so I suspect that will be coming next, or it is ready for release.
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member

I saw a greyed out Romantic Garden in the Buy Mode filter, so I suspect that will be coming next, or it is ready for release.

It comes out February 6th.
  • UsaOfTheChanUsaOfTheChan Posts: 9 New Member
    Not sure if this is helpful, but if your sim becomes a scientist, there is a chance that if they use the simray to transform an item, they can get a glowfruit.
    Not sure if this is helpful, but if your sim becomes a scientist, there is a chance that if they use the simray to transform an item, they can get a glowfruit.

Thanks. I have that pack. I shall have to try that.
  • rjingreyrjingrey Posts: 5 New Member
    i have a level 10 gardener sim on ps4, just now purchased 10 rare seed packs and the first one i opened had a grow fruit. hope that helps.