Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Those Currently Playing and Enjoying Sims 4

Comments

• NineyNiney Posts: 341 Member
    Sims 2
    Thanks to my brother he was the one who bought it
    8D254E7C-6319-4EC6-BB93-06A4E6EB63DD.jpg
  • TodilooTodiloo Posts: 110 Member
    Sims 1
    Started playing sims 1. Didn't play sims 2 very much, because I never had any expansions. I loved sims 3, and when I tried sims 4 at a friends house when it was new, I thought sims 4 felt to empty.. But now when the cats and dogs EP came out, I bought sims 4 and I'm really fond of it. But I wish there where more haircolors, skincolors and that the colors swatches of the clothes would regularly differ more in style.
    Gallery ID: cykelnHH -mostly making realistic horseys
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    Sims 1
    Sim addict since day one. My parents gave me all expansions for TS1 and TS2. It helped me escape the real world a bit which wasn't very nice at that particular time for me. I will always love this game no matter how much they change it up, it gave me too much to turn my back on it.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited January 2018
    Sims 1
    I started with Sims 1 and was fascinated by it but after awhile I found it difficult to keep up with my Sims needs and then Sims 2 came and I found myself addicted to it being it was in 3D and the features was more robust than Sims 1. However, Sims 1 started it all and thanks to Wright for such an excellent concept and game.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • vanee4vanee4 Posts: 119 Member
    Sims 1
    I also started with Sims1. My brother bought it together with a friend. In the beginning they sared the CD every week or so. Gladly they soon lost interest and I could have it for myself :smiley:
    I loved Sims2 and everything about it and I was really excited for Sims3 but I rarely had a computer or laptop that could handle it. I didn't even bother trying with expansions. So eventually I took a break from Sims.
    When Sims4 came around I was so happy. I have every expansion and it still runs smoothly. I do see its shortcomings but I have much more fun with it than I had with Sims3. I actually reinstalled Sims3 on my computer to see what everyone is talking about but I can't get into it.
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Sims 4
    Oops i read the poll wrong, I actually started with the sims 3. I believe it was late 2010,early 2011. I do prefer to play sims 4 currently though.
  • SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member
    Sims 2
    I started playing Sim City myself on nintendo.
    Then I got sims 1, which I did love very much.

But the graphics and gameplay of Sims 2 was the turning point I think for me as far as the Sims and made me fall deeply in love. That and the Urbz and castaway games, if anyone remembers those.

Sims 3 wasn't so great for me, but I did love the interactive, no loading screen world, and the grocery stores the most. Things I wish we had in Sims 4... least the groceries.

I like Sims 4 of course, but my all time favorite has got to be Sims 2.
    My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink

• PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Sims 4
    GRR I read it wrong. Thought it was asking which one you like better.

I started with the first of the series and have played them all. For game play I like TS3 best, but I have to say TS4 is my favorite because I love my sim THAT much...lol

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    Sims 1
    The Sims definitely when I was once a wee kid. I actually got started from a friend and never put it down since.
    [
  • kjkjkj123kjkjkj123 Posts: 51 Member
    Sims 2
    I first started playing The Sims 2 back in 2007.
    tumblr_mp33xbxIYg1rg0s30o1_250.gifBenzi chibna looble bazebni gweb
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Sims 1
    I started with the Sims 1.
    I go through different moods of which one I play the most, but I definitely enjoy all of them.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Sims 1
    Sims 1, but didn't return until last year when I picked up Sims 3 and a few expansions on a whim when they were 75% off on Steam. I quickly bought the rest of the expansions and had a couple months of fun. Decided to buy 4 when the holiday sale was on and haven't gone back. I really need to go back to 3 one of these days.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Sims 1
    I bought it as a birthday gift for myself shortly after it's release, and I've gotten every expansion and sequel since (except for the new pets one for TS4). :)
  • EmontheinternetEmontheinternet Posts: 10 New Member
    Sims 1
    I've been here since the first game. My favorite is really a tossup between TS2 and TS3. I wish TS4 had been done differently, but what can you do? In any case it looks like the majority of people responding have been here since the first game. That's kind of surprising for me, as I assumed a lot of teenagers were playing the game.
  • EmontheinternetEmontheinternet Posts: 10 New Member
    Sims 1
    > @LiaRose1435 said:
    > So far I'm the only one who started with the sims 4 :(. I feel like I don't belong here since I haven't been playing as long as everyone else.

Everyone starts somewhere. The sims isn't really a series where you go to the beginning and play from the beginning. I know a lot of people who started with TS4 and I'm sure if TS5 or 6 or 7 happen new people will join then too. :)
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    Sims 2
    I started with TS2 when it was released in 2004.
  • ZaraZara Posts: 115 Member
    Sims 4
    > @aricarai said:
    > For those of you that feel you don't belong or don't feel welcome in the community, I'm curious as to what would make you feel more welcome or have a better since of belonging?

Idk there's not much you can do. It just feels like the people who've played for a long time have a sense of superiority and kinda look down on the newer people as "newbies".
    I make profile pics and signatures for free. hmu if interested.
    kky9DsT.gif
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    edited February 2018
    Sims 1
    Zara wrote: »
    > @aricarai said:
    > For those of you that feel you don't belong or don't feel welcome in the community, I'm curious as to what would make you feel more welcome or have a better since of belonging?

Idk there's not much you can do. It just feels like the people who've played for a long time have a sense of superiority and kinda look down on the newer people as "newbies".

Not all of the simmers who've played since the beginning feel that way. As you can see from the poll results the majority of the players who enjoy the game have started with a previous version. At least here on the forum. The argument that only newbies enjoy the game is used by some who are disappointed with the game and think veteran players could never like it. That myth has been debunked, at least here on the forums, so just play and enjoy your game. There are plenty of positive threads to participate in. :)

Here are a few to get you started.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837334/the-sims-4-happy-play-thread/p1

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/888255/what-happened-in-your-game-today/p1

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-stories-and-legacies

You're almost at member status and soon you'll be able to start posts and post pics. The rules have been relaxed so just join in and start posting.

As of today (01/29/2018) a New Member will need to meet the following criteria to become a Member:
    Get 25 Points
    Make 15 posts
    Must be a New Member for 1 day - this one stays the same.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest
  • ZaraZara Posts: 115 Member
    Sims 4
    @simgirl1010 omg you're so nice! Thank you so much. I know not everyone is like that and I'm grateful for the accepting people like you :)!
    I make profile pics and signatures for free. hmu if interested.
    kky9DsT.gif
    edited February 2018
    Sims 1
    Zara wrote: »
    @simgirl1010 omg you're so nice! Thank you so much. I know not everyone is like that and I'm grateful for the accepting people like you :)!

You're welcome. Only a couple more posts and one more day and you'll be a member! :)
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited February 2018
    Sims 3
    I got Sims 1 way back in the day after hearing the hype and wanting to see what it was about I got the base game with a work discount. Unfortunately I could not get it to play on my computer at the time and by the time I got a computer that could I’d lost interest (though I do remember playing through at least part of the tutorial) I was more into FPS like Heretic and Quake at the time.

Fast Forward many years (2013) and one of the people I was following on tumblr was doing a Sailormoon save with Sims 3 and just had to do the same so I got the Base Game/Showtime combo on Steam and fell in love and I got More and More if the EPs and got into cc. It quickly grew into a Love/Hate relationship because it became a huge struggle to get the game to run properly on several computers even with NRass saves would eventually freeze and become unplayable.

When I heard about Sims4 I was interested but then I heard the iffy reviews and found out it wasn’t on Steam so decided not to get it. But after a year or so while in a fit of “I just want to play the Sims without it freezing and dying on me” I went out a got a physical copy of the BG on sale at Target and have been playing it and loving it ever since. Yes it’s not perfect but I honestly enjoy it.

Since then I have been piecing together the Sims 2 via Amazon and Half Price Books. LOVE IT. Have attempted to get Sims 1 to work on my current computer (no luck) and occasionally go back to Love/Hate the Sims 3. I even have The Sims Medieval and love that one too!
    ~ ~ ~
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Sims 2
    TS1 and TS2 but mostly TS2 is what kick started my love for sims
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Sims 1
    Uh, i read it wrong sorry. I thought you asked sims 4 players when they started playing sims. Not that you also had to enjoy sims4 to vote (even though it's in the title i know). I started playing with sims 1 from day 1. But im not enjoying sims4. Right now im playing 2,3 and 4 on and off
    Sims 1
    JeanBaby4 wrote: »
    Uh, i read it wrong sorry. I thought you asked sims 4 players when they started playing sims. Not that you also had to enjoy sims4 to vote (even though it's in the title i know). I started playing with sims 1 from day 1. But im not enjoying sims4. Right now im playing 2,3 and 4 on and off

No problem. :) I also enjoy 2 and 3.
  • PoppySimmerPoppySimmer Posts: 8 New Member
    Sims 4
    i started playing the sims a long time ago but i just found out about this forum and the sims community , im so glad i found this community <3