Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crashing after 10-15 minutes

Before I get started I will give you some information about my rig:

I have the 15 inch retina 2017 Macbook pro with touch bar. It is the highest spec mac you can get at stores.
16GB Ram
2.7GHz intel i7 core
Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB
Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

I run on medium graphics (my computer can handle high/ultra, however I find it unnecessary) and the laptop NEVER gets hot or even makes much noise at all.

Okay, so I've been having this annoying problem for a few days now. Basically what is happening is that I will go to play the game, and somewhere between 10 and 15 minutes, my game crashes. I have put a timer on, and usually it crashes around the 13 minute mark. It started a few days ago when I had recently downloaded some new CC. The pieces aren't from weird sources or TSR or anything, they're reputable tumblrs that I have downloaded from before. To give you some background, I have about 70 total mods/packages in my folder, along with the UI extension, and MCCommand center. I downloaded the CC, went to play my game, and it started to crash. So I did what any other person would do, I took the new CC out, and loaded up the game. Still crashing, then I took ALL my CC out, and it still crashed. I then tried a combination of just MCC and no CC to see if I could narrow down the cause, but it still crashes when there is absolutely no CC in my game. Then I started a new save, still crashing. I looked online for help and couldn't find much of anything. I did find something that said to go to The Sims 4 folder in documents, and deleted everything. The game loaded up as if I had just installed it, with it showing all the "newly" downloaded content and everything. I had to readjust my graphics, then went to play the game - still crashing. My last hope was to go to Origin and try to repair the game - STILL crashing! I have absolutely NO idea what this could be caused by. This has happened once before, I even reinstalled my game and if I remember correctly, it still crashed! Somehow last time it randomly stopped crashing, and just recently (i.e. two days ago) it started up again. If anyone has ANY insight, I would really appreciate it!

Thank you!
FreshLion55 on the Gallery! Happy simming! >:)

Comments

• BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Have you recently installed/updated anything else on your Mac?

What are you doing in game when it happens - CAS? Live mode? Build/Buy mode? Travelling?l

What else is running on your Mac when you are playing?
    apple-signature.png
  • axel1015axel1015 Posts: 952 Member

What are you doing in game when it happens - CAS? Live mode? Build/Buy mode? Travelling?l

No, I haven’t recently installed or updated anything on my Mac. It happens in build/buy and live mode, as long as it’s been around 13 minutes. The only other thing that’s running on my laptop is YouTube...however I may or may not have found a solution. I was able to play last night for about an hour, no crashes whatsoever. I saved and quit regularly because it was really late, however the only correlation between last time it stopped crashing and this time, is that when I stopped playing, I shut off my Mac and then the next time I went to play, turned it on and it was fine. So possibly the solution could be just to restart my laptop...it’s ridiculous if that’s the actual solution, and I haven’t (knock on wood) experienced anything yet since my laptop was off. Hopefully this is solved...and that I don’t have any more crashes. If I can remember properly, last time it was crashing, I had just updated/changed a mod (might even be MCC), so maybe restarting the laptop fixed it..? Could be some weird Mac issue or something, I won’t question it if it truly worked, but I’ll be upset if it didn’t. I plan to play for a couple hours tonight, so I’ll keep the thread posted.
    FreshLion55 on the Gallery! Happy simming! >:)
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    axel1015 wrote: »

No, I haven’t recently installed or updated anything on my Mac. It happens in build/buy and live mode, as long as it’s been around 13 minutes. The only other thing that’s running on my laptop is YouTube...however I may or may not have found a solution. I was able to play last night for about an hour, no crashes whatsoever. I saved and quit regularly because it was really late, however the only correlation between last time it stopped crashing and this time, is that when I stopped playing, I shut off my Mac and then the next time I went to play, turned it on and it was fine. So possibly the solution could be just to restart my laptop...it’s ridiculous if that’s the actual solution, and I haven’t (knock on wood) experienced anything yet since my laptop was off. Hopefully this is solved...and that I don’t have any more crashes. If I can remember properly, last time it was crashing, I had just updated/changed a mod (might even be MCC), so maybe restarting the laptop fixed it..? Could be some weird Mac issue or something, I won’t question it if it truly worked, but I’ll be upset if it didn’t. I plan to play for a couple hours tonight, so I’ll keep the thread posted.

It was most probably a process or even app running in the background that you weren't aware of causing the issue. Restarting your Mac killed the process :)
    apple-signature.png
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Try playing without YouTube running as well tonight. That may help as well. :)
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.