Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Detailed Expansion/Stuff/Game Pack MEGATHREAD

PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
edited December 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
Post edited by PlumbobGrandma on

Comments

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited December 2017
    Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on
    a256aFi.gif
  • 2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    I personally want new content with old ideas thrown into the mix to create a never been seen before type of pack. I think if the developers combined packs into one massive expansion, TS4 would go down as the best series outranking TS2 & TS3, yet paying tribute to those installments.

Many of us want packs like Seasons, University, Vacations and a Country Living type of expansions/game packs in the near future. Why not combine these packs together to create a more diverse and immersive pack, rather than giving us a copy of past installments with some new game play? And I've mentioned this in past forum posts, but I, personally, would love to have Seasons and vacations combined as one expansion pack. And what content didn't make the cut they could incorporate that content into 1 themed stuff pack or even a game pack to add more enrichment to the core expansion. It's good business for Maxis drawing in more players and a larger fan base if you think about it.

For Seasons and Vacations combined they could call it "Holiday Living". I'm not from the UK, but I live in a tourist town and a lot of people from the UK don't say they're on vacation, but on holiday. We could have the seasonal gameplay content of course with the seasonal weather elements. But how awesome would it be if in the summer season our sims could go to the beach/island for summer vacation/holiday. and then in the winter season they could vacation/holiday at a ski resort?

Now some of you would probably say, "what about spring/fall?" That's why the main world we receive could be a rural "Country Living" themed world. The vacation worlds were the size of Granite Falls or a "Vacation World" the size of Newcrest where one side is a tropical island setting while the other side was a mountain with ski and snow-tubing slopes, a cabin rental, and ice skating rink. And adding a Country Living feel to the pack would tie all the seasons together. Because in the Spring is when farmers plant their crops and tend the fields, and in the Fall season is when they do their harvesting. So in the Spring we could have new gameplay such as a Spring Festival, along with milking cows, collecting eggs from chickens, and horseback riding. And in the Fall we could have the Harvest Festival. In the winter months when there's nothing to do on the farm, our sims could go on holiday at the Ski resort and in the summer months go on holiday at the island.

This way those of us who want Seasons, Bon Voyage/World Adventures/Island Paradise get their content, along with the Country Living content all-in-one.
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
  • PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    @Eliharb @FreezerBunnyCowplant @12JEREMIA Thanks for the links guys! Lemme check the posts for clarity and length :smile:

@Eliharb @FreezerBunnyCowplant @12JEREMIA Adding you guys in! Thanks for the posts! and if you have any other links, keep them coming!

@catloverplayer
    Wonderful Idea! Thank you!

• harscombatharscombat Posts: 1 New Member
    pls add pantyhose black tan en sand end pantyhose encased suit from head to toe pls look i love pantyhose im a lesbian finaly the game but there is non pantyhose i whanna feel like me i there i walk white bra en pantyhose no panties white my girlfriend en sims 4 dont have pantyhose-_-awser pls
  • OliCaitOliCait Posts: 476 Member
    I think, especially in a generations sense, being able to take family photos without needing someone in the family to take it would be great! Like photobooths in seasons in sims 3. Would be great to include toddlers too. Like the photo on the gallery when you save a family, would be great to be able to take pictures of more than 2 people. and adults and children together. Especially when doing weddings etc!! :smile:
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • AkumadanAkumadan Posts: 19 New Member
    I'm really hoping we get a werewolf pack soon as it would go so well with the vampires, werewolves have been a sims staple since sims 1 so i'm hoping for it, also any reason for the console DLC ports are taking a while?
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    This isn't super detailed yet, it's an idea that is still growing
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/932071/on-the-road-vacation-pack
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • diditrekdiditrek Posts: 20 Member
    > @Akumadan said:
    > I'm really hoping we get a werewolf pack soon as it would go so well with the vampires, werewolves have been a sims staple since sims 1 so i'm hoping for it, also any reason for the console DLC ports are taking a while?

Even if they just add occult types to the expansion packs or stuff packs like a seasons pack with werewolves or a farming pack with elves. This will help to give more variety and add to the challenges. Adding more negative personalities as well as career choices would help to give those who want challenges to be more entertained. I believe what is really being asked since Sims 4 started is that simmers want choices. This is why moded content is so popular. Personally, I use moded content to add more personality choices and combinations..
  • AkumadanAkumadan Posts: 19 New Member
    > @diditrek said:
    > > @Akumadan said:
    > > I'm really hoping we get a werewolf pack soon as it would go so well with the vampires, werewolves have been a sims staple since sims 1 so i'm hoping for it, also any reason for the console DLC ports are taking a while?
    >
    > Even if they just add occult types to the expansion packs or stuff packs like a seasons pack with werewolves or a farming pack with elves. This will help to give more variety and add to the challenges. Adding more negative personalities as well as career choices would help to give those who want challenges to be more entertained. I believe what is really being asked since Sims 4 started is that simmers want choices. This is why moded content is so popular. Personally, I use moded content to add more personality choices and combinations..

Yeh i can see that would fit nicely, sadly i only have sims 4 on ps4 as my PC died a while ago and my laptop Isn't built for gaming can run older sims well though, but i hope Maxis takes an approach like Bethesda and allow console mods like you can do with fallout 4 and Skyrim. It will definitely add longevity, heck its still why i play sims 2 on my laptop because of all the awesome mods and the creation kit where you can get a picture and have custom posters/paintings or custom music and drag it into the game files straight from itunes or even create your very own clothing by using photoshop.
  • CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    I want the sims 4 to have more diversity regarding nationalities. Like fictional worlds with fictional nationalities. If A sim has a certain nationalty, they recieve quirks associated with their world of origin! Like in the sims 3 world adventures for example, the people living in that world sold relics from the world and could teach your sims about songs from there. But in the sims 4 it should be a bit more expanded than sims 3. Like special dishes only they have, ways of eating, holidays, clothes, instruments, decoration, etc. In create a sims you can give them the nationality seprerate from traits, like with walk style. And clothes have a select button for clothes related to nationalities.
    This could come along with a vacation expansion or something like world adventures. When more destinations come along, more nationalities come as well. When the sims visit their 'home world' they get a moodlet.
  • therealallenntherealallenn Posts: 1 New Member
    Honestly, as much as I love seasons and university, The Sims 4 feels so lackluster. There is lack of depth and quality of gameplay. The Sims 3 being open world kind've ruined all chances of "better" gameplay for the Sims 4. I suggest they release expansions that we've never seen before (maybe an island/jungle themed with mermaids, etc.) Or a Gamepack for a zoo? Amusement parks???? Also I missed the collaborations from The Sims 2, like the Ikea stuff and Diesel, etc. I think the game makers need to make autonomy even better in order to make the game fulfilling. Half the time the sims are doing the same boring 🐸🐸🐸🐸. No fighting, no disagreement based on polar opposite traits, etc. Maybe an expansion that adds law into play? Like wouldn't it be nice to play a minigame where your sim gets locked up and you have to do time for committing a crime? Or how about revamping into the future and add another dimension to it. Like xploring other planets and galaxies where way of life is extremely diverse and different. Stuff like this that we HAVE NEVER SEEN IN THE SIMS 4. Also Aliens were such a big part of the sims franchise and they seem non-existent even in the sims 3. Like I can rant all day, but I miss the good old sims 2 days, where you actually get scared because a burglar is invading your home???? I really like to see a star-trek theme kind of expansion or gamepack where you can play in space and live in a town that is bascially a huge spaceship. I don't know, let me know what you all think. I'm tired of university and seasons and all that generic stuff that easily loses it's novelty after a few weeks of gameplay. How about giving the game a huge update that makes the game more online? Where you can visit your friends sims and towns.
  • AlyRay96AlyRay96 Posts: 65 Member
    > @2HubbiesNLove said:
    > I personally want new content with old ideas thrown into the mix to create a never been seen before type of pack. I think if the developers combined packs into one massive expansion, TS4 would go down as the best series outranking TS2 & TS3, yet paying tribute to those installments.
    >
    > Many of us want packs like Seasons, University, Vacations and a Country Living type of expansions/game packs in the near future. Why not combine these packs together to create a more diverse and immersive pack, rather than giving us a copy of past installments with some new game play? And I've mentioned this in past forum posts, but I, personally, would love to have Seasons and vacations combined as one expansion pack. And what content didn't make the cut they could incorporate that content into 1 themed stuff pack or even a game pack to add more enrichment to the core expansion. It's good business for Maxis drawing in more players and a larger fan base if you think about it.

I agree to an extent. If you combine just two packs together at a time maybe? Seasons and university would go great together. Cause there is always “back to school season”.
    “Listen, smile, agree and then do whatever you were going to do anyway.“