Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do we hate on TS4?

Comments

• aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    I definitely think calling those of us who like sims 4 "pathetic" as was done in another thread here and suggesting that we should be ashamed for liking it , falls under the definition of bashing.

Its also very obvious that certain behavior is okay for some and not for others. Like saying disrespectful things is fine, as long as you're saying them about a sims 4 players.

Why are things from another thread being brought in here though? This thread has nothing to do with the other.
  • cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    edited December 2017
    I definitely think calling those of us who like sims 4 "pathetic" as was done in another thread here and suggesting that we should be ashamed for liking it , falls under the definition of bashing.

Its also very obvious that certain behavior is okay for some and not for others. Like saying disrespectful things is fine, as long as you're saying them about a sims 4 players.

But wasn't the opening of that thread, in its original entirety, a little passive aggressive and demeaning to those who may not be so enamored with S4. So for fairness you could easily say both comments from either spectrum were disrespectful
    Vraie wrote: »
    @aricarai from what I have read, I think they just wanted a toggle, like an off switch. Honestly, in my opinion, if you don’t want vampires don’t buy vampires or don’t request no vampire interactions period because that defeats the purpose of the pack. I am pro toggling because each player plays differently. I know there are players who do play with supernaturals on one save but don’t on another so I think a switch would be nice to have.
    Thank goodness for MCCC because while I love vampires, my game was generating too much at one point

Yeah, I think this is pretty much the case. The problem is that, as seen with aliens, and recently with patching, too much unnecessary code dabbling can potentially damage the whole gameplay for the people who really are invested in the theme after which the pack is named. If the toggle could exist without damaging any of those structures, I don't have any issues with it. I have issues with people complaining about the vampires and insisting EA must do something to stop them at any cost, completely forgetting that the pack is called Vampires and is designed for people who want Vampires, not for people who don't. I don't buy C&D because I hate Sim pets. It's the same thing to me. But that's sort of off topic.

I think it's really sad that there are people here whose entire purpose to be here is to try and make other people unhappy. Everyone has the right to their opinions. Everyone has the right to disagree with other people but the point is, they have to do it respectfully. If you harass or annoy someone by making unkind comments or flaming them, it doesn't make the person you're attacking any weaker, nor does it make your cause any stronger.

I don't have a problem with TS3 fans and I respect their love for that game. I am also unashamed that I love TS4. It's not my problem if other people don't like that I like it, it's theirs. I don't sit at home fuming that someone out there that I have never met prefers to still play TS3 because they like the open world system. It's their business, not mine.

I feel that a lot of the TS3 resentment is because TS4 is more of a throwback to TS2 style of gameplay, and those people are therefore frustrated that in their view it's taken a step back. Attacking TS4 isn't going to improve or change that in any way, though. Nor is attacking the fans of TS4. TS4 is what it is. I don't understand why people don't just let those who like it play it and get on with their own preferred gameplay.

On the flipside, just because TS4 didn't go down the openworld path, it doesn't mean that TS3 is a useless game or that its ideas weren't good. They're just very different takes on the same franchise, and who knows what will happen in the future if there ever is a TS5?

Right now, though, all that this kind of thread is telling EA is that the people who play their games have serious problems in respecting each other. It's not telling the devs anything useful. More likely, the devs probably don't want to go near those kinds of discussions, because if you were a developer, would you rather know the strengths and weaknesses in constructive terms or would you rather read a bunch of people yelling at each other because they absolutely must have THEIR opinion heard over everyone else, irrespective of who they upset in the process?

Final point...sims are digital coding. They're not real. They don't care if you like or hate their worlds. But people on here? They're real. They're not digital coding, nor text on a screen. Saying hurtful things to people you will never meet is not cool. It might be easier to attack strangers over the internet under an anonymous screen name, but it's really not cool. And it makes me sad that there are people who think it's okay to upset other people over a game. There are real crazy and unpleasant things going on in our world at the moment, and yet people have the time and the negative energy to go after people for liking a different format of gameplay? That...is the thing that's really sad. Not TS3, not TS4, but that.

It genuinely doesn't matter which version of the Sims is the best. It matters much more that everyone gets treated with respect irrespective of their preferences.

I play Sims 4. I played Sims 2. I don't play Sims 3. That's me. But I have no problems with anyone whose position is different from that. I only have problems with the people who flame.

I agree with a lot of what you said here, but I'm not sure a lot of people who like TS2 would agree that TS4 is a throwback or reboot to that game. And again, I've seen no attacks on fans of TS4 in this thread nor have I seen anyone bashing TS4 in this thread - simply saying what you're disappointed in or don't like isn't bashing, but it seems many take dislike or the wanting of improvements as hatred which it's not.
  • VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    edited December 2017
    aricarai wrote: »

I agree with a lot of what you said here, but I'm not sure a lot of people who like TS2 would agree that TS4 is a throwback or reboot to that game. And again, I've seen no attacks on fans of TS4 in this thread nor have I seen anyone bashing TS4 in this thread - simply saying what you're disappointed in or don't like isn't bashing, but it seems many take dislike or the wanting of improvements as hatred which it's not.

In that case we can agree to differ on that point, it's no big deal to me. I really meant with the households and loading screens and such like. It's just my personal observation and that's all. I'm a fan of TS2 myself, I played it from when it was first released and I still have it installed on my old PC. I prefer TS4 to TS3 because TS4, to me, more resembles TS2 in its overall gameplay. I don't need lots of TS2 fans to agree with me, though. If they don't, fair enough. I'm just stating my view.

Also, and this isn't directed at you specifically because what you said is innocuous, but I've noticed that phrases like 'lots of people' are being used too much as assumptive euphemisms for "I believe this so everyone else must agree". Saying "most people" or "a lot of people" or "everyone" when what you mean is "I think" is unhelpful. It's assuming the majority view rather than necessarily proving it. You might well be right, I've seen people express that they do and don't see links between TS2 and TS4. But "a lot of" is an assumption. It's an assumption designed to strongarm a person into believing that it's the majority and that that person's view is therefore wrong.

We have no proof that 'most people' prefer TS3 or 'most people' prefer TS4. And honestly, who even cares if we did? It's still fine for an individual to like a game without being made to feel bad about it by someone else. That goes for both TS3 and TS4. I feel like people often want reasons to attack TS4 because TS3 ended and TS4 didn't follow its legacy. The word that I think that best applies to that is scapegoat. TS4 has become the scapegoat for angry TS3 fans who feel betrayed by EA, and because the fans of TS3 can't do anything about TS4 through EA, it ends up overspilling against fans of TS4, who they feel are 'traitors' and are perpetuating a game franchise that isn't what they (the TS3 fans) would have preferred. That's how I see the whole thing, but it makes no sense that you attack random strangers because they like something you don't. If you really hate the way TS4 is structured, it makes MUCH more sense to be proactive about petitioning EA about the issues. That's all.

As for the bashing, I meant it in a general sense because the OP was feeling harassed. I don't think this thread was really passive aggressive for most of us, and even if it was meant that way, it doesn't mean that passive or actively aggressive responses have to derail it. I saw it as a genuine question, asking why people complained about TS4 rather than criticising people for doing it. It was more an interest subject - a debate in which both sides could express their personal reasons for that.

In my humble opinion, if you respect everyone else's opinions on things then you don't automatically read another person's opinion as passive aggressive, or assume it's a personal attack against you. You read it as an opinion and then you discuss it and explain calmly and rationally why you disagree with it. It is hard to tell the tone of someone's post in text form only. You can assume a lot of things that you want to see in another person's post because you feel strongly about an issue, but sometimes it only makes things worse to think that way.
    edited December 2017
    Vraie wrote: »
    aricarai wrote: »

In that case we can agree to differ on that point, it's no big deal to me. I really meant with the households and loading screens and such like. It's just my personal observation and that's all. I don't need lots of TS2 fans to agree with me. I'm just stating my view.

Also, and this isn't directed at you specifically because what you said is innocuous, but I've noticed that phrases like 'lots of people' are being used too much as assumptive euphemisms for "I believe this so everyone else must agree". Saying "most people" or "a lot of people" or "everyone" when what you mean is "I think" is unhelpful. It's assuming the majority view rather than necessarily proving it. You might well be right, I've seen people express that they do and don't see links between TS2 and TS4. But "a lot of" is an assumption. It's an assumption designed to strongarm a person into believing that it's the majority and that that person's view is therefore wrong.

We have no proof that 'most people' prefer TS3 or 'most people' prefer TS4. And honestly, who even cares if we did? It's still fine for an individual to like a game without being made to feel bad about it by someone else. That goes for both TS3 and TS4. I feel like people often want reasons to attack TS4 because TS3 ended and TS4 didn't follow its legacy. The word that I think that best applies to that is scapegoat. TS4 has become the scapegoat for angry TS3 fans who feel betrayed by EA, and because the fans of TS3 can't do anything about TS4 through EA, it ends up overspilling against fans of TS4, who they feel are 'traitors' and are perpetuating a game franchise that isn't what they (the TS3 fans) would have preferred. That's how I see the whole thing, but it makes no sense that you attack random strangers because they like something you don't. If you really hate the way TS4 is structured, it makes MUCH more sense to be proactive about petitioning EA about the issues. That's all.

As for the bashing, I meant it in a general sense because the OP was feeling harassed. I don't think this thread was really passive aggressive for most of us, and even if it was meant that way, it doesn't mean that passive or actively aggressive responses have to derail it. I saw it as a genuine question, asking why people complained about TS4 rather than criticising people for doing it. It was more an interest subject - a debate in which both sides could express their personal reasons for that.

In my humble opinion, if you respect everyone else's opinions on things then you don't automatically read another person's opinion as passive aggressive, or assume it's a personal attack against you. You read it as an opinion and then you discuss it and explain calmly and rationally why you disagree with it. It is hard to tell the tone of someone's post in text form only. You can assume a lot of things that you want to see in another person's post because you feel strongly about an issue, but sometimes it only makes things worse to think that way.

You're right; I apologise, it is like TS2 in regards to the closed world, loading screens, and household management. I was thinking of the details rather than the bigger picture.

I know you said, it's not aimed at me, but I'd like to explain why I use such phrases. It's for the exact you said people use them - I never like to assume that EVERYONE feels a certain way about a certain subject. I don't like to speak in absolutes so I avoid making blanket statements or words like 'we' because it doesn't hold true, so I use 'a lot' in the vague sense of the word, based on what I've seen.

I'm with you on that - I don't care which iteration people prefer; I find it interesting when others prefer something different to me and why. Sometimes it stops and makes me think for a moment, which can be a good thing. It also hits home that not everyone plays the same way - which is cool because there are so many different play styles.

A lot of what was said in this thread though has nothing to do with the generalisation of TS3 fans making TS4 a scapegoat. As far as I can see, there haven't been many undying declarations of love for TS3 nor are the people who prefer it angry. They simply answered the question of why they're disappointed with TS4 (heck, even people that prefer TS4 have expressed disappointment), often times using examples of what TS3 had (perhaps because it was the predecessor) but that doesn't mean they're an angry TS3 fan.

In fact, I'm not sure why the generalisation about any type of fans of any iteration is being brought into this thread because that's not what this thread was about.

I don't take anything as a personal attack unless it's clearly spelled out that way. I mean some things can be condescending - like the OP assuming I'm middle-aged because I think the OPTION of having a newspaper in the game should be there - but you just deal with things and still remain respectful.

The OP asked a question and clearly doesn't like the answers and insight she's receiving, so she's choosing not to engage further.

At the end of the day, I agree with a lot of what you've said here. We're just two fans of the franchise that happen to prefer different iterations and there's definitely nothing wrong with that.
  • Elrich91Elrich91 Posts: 13 New Member
    I do not understand why you think that who does not love the sims 4 is a hater. I have said several times that the sims 4 is a game with enormous possibilities but that, unfortunately, are exploited badly. I really WOULD LIKE that the sims 4 become a more addictive game. I do not think it's synonymous with hate, on the contrary.

Many of us would like their comments to become an opportunity to improve the sims 4 and take it to a different direction, able to make the game more fun.

Among other things, let me say that the sims 4 is not at all like the sims 2. The only thing in common is the uploads. In the sims 2 there were many more things and the expansions brought much more news. An example? with animals there was also the werewolf and to have the werewolf you had to commit yourself to lure him into your lot, to make him friend and then to make you bite.

In addition, to treat a supernatural one had to look for a PNG that sold various types of care. In the sims 4, I repeat, do everything from the pc. Pretty boring.

If I point out what does not work, I repeat, it's because I would like the sims 4 to get better and bigger

Anyway, I wanted to say that I'm a journalist and that it's absolutely not true that paper newspapers are not read anymore. Besides the sims is not only played in some parts of America, there have been in which the paper newspaper is still very strong.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited December 2017
    You can enjoy sims 4 but you can't play it regulary because you are easily bored with it for now. I enjoy it a few but not everyday and not always. Just a little bit , limited in time. When I got the chance to play it.

What I hate the most? It's as sims 2 too much social and the emotions as state of life not as true feelings that make them a little bit fatalistic, you live your emotion fully and you don't feel it. You don't have sometimes the feelings you can write your own story but you are just a watcher or a critic of their own lifes. Play with Life is a liar. Play Their Life is more accurate. You told what they live. Even if I disabled the free will.

In sims 3 I have this feeling less I can control what I want to do and I like we got the choice of being social or not.

I have plenty of friend in the sims 4 community , I follow sims 4 simblrs and I read sims 4 stories. I am not totally angry or totally mad at this game, even though I wished before creating sims 4 EA cared of fixing sims 3 and sims 2 and add news stuffs they can add compared to others who clearly told me sorry I block ts4 posts I don't play it. But to say a comment about people who are rude with sims 4 players, or to be rude with the fans please stop to do that.
    Blame the game not people.

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited December 2017
    The problem I had is they took away too many features and it just is too different. The closed world thing annoyed me at first, but I could oversee it if there were a lot of lot functionality like TS2.

I do admit there are a few good things about TS4.
    1. I do like how there now is multitasking such as talking while watching tv at the same time.
    2. The emotions system is pretty good - it is fun to watch as sim slam the refrigerator when angry.
    3. The ability to adjust wall heights
    4. The ability to move windows up and down on a wall
    5. The sims more or less look like real humans. The clothing is more realistic.
    6. The sims are more lively (although this can be a bad thing if you like to laugh at sim's mannerisms in previous games)

The bad
    1. I think the traits system could use a lot of work. How do you go from 5 traits to 3 for a sim?
    2. Lacking basic objects such as house phones, newspapers
    3. The weird interface. TS2 and TS3 had somewhat similar interfaces. If those worked, you really ought to keep the same thing going. I noticed that the TS4 interface is way too different, and seems to try to hide info rather than just lay it all out. For example, why are moodlets jammed across the sim's chest?
    4. Jobs are limited.
    5. Lack of create a style.
    6. No map view. We only get that cartoon-looking map.

And the ugly! (Aspects of the game that are criminal!)
    1. The build mode! Ugh they took away so many building features. In TS2 and TS3, the building tools were perfect. You could build anything you want. TS4 is so dumbed down and takes away too many features such as in-foundation basements.
    2. Lack of terraforming tools
    3. Lack of cars. You need a car.
    4. The small worlds. You go from 100+ lots to ~20. There is so much less that you can do.
    5. World design. Related to the point above. They make up for the tiny world by putting in fake backgrounds.

There probably are others that I can't think of off the top of my head. TS4 has improved, but still needs work. The points discussed in bad and ugly are pretty strong points. Sometimes you need to follow the rule: if at first you succeed, don't change a thing!
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Why I joined forums was actually majorly due to what happened to SimCity. I didn't want to see another Sims game go down the drain just because customers were again ignored.

What happened to that game was criminal. You can't even compare SC4 to SC5. I won't go into specifics, but SC4 was amazing.
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member

I'm going to assume you're referring to my comment here from another thread since I don't think I've seen the word "pathetic" anywhere else:
    There's something very depressing and pathetic in knowing I could find a woman and produce a child with her before the Sims 4 team would manage to produce another Expansion pack.

I'm going to say right now that that was in no way directed at fans of the game. The quote speaks for itself: I find it pathetic on behalf of the development that EPs take so long and that I could realistically produce a child in the time it takes them to produce an EP. Even if we wish to argue that time is warranted as development of packs takes time and effort, (true, though one could certainly debate if it should take this long) there's just something absolutely ridiculous to me about expecting your customers to sit there and not go anywhere within a year's time.

I'm also gonna comment that in general, I see this right here as a problem when people worry about perceived intentions. I don't know if you were referring to my comment, but regardless, I just see this as a good opportunity to comment on perceived intentions since it's clearly relevant to this thread.

As someone else mentioned, why are we discussing people and not the game? To me, that just shows how overly invested this community is in this game. Insults to the game are taken personally, praises to the game are taken personally, criticisms of the game are taken personally....everything is taken personally when it really doesn't need to be the case. The forums would be a much happier place if people could leave it and focus solely on the game and not on the perceived intentions of the people they're speaking with. After all, perceived intentions are both irrelevant, unimportant and carry no weight for the quality of the game itself. I say this in regards to both sides too: lord knows plenty of people take criticisms of this game as personal criticisms, and it's also true that some critics of Sims 4 in this thread should perhaps take a step back and worry less about the intentions of this thread, regardless of how right they may feel because in the end it's all pointless, derails the thread and aids in creating an embittered community.

My advice? Don't think about the perceived intentions of others. It's just really not worth the time and in more cases than not, not even warranted. People are strictly saying praise or criticism for this game, nothing more. I do not believe there's any sort of war or animosity between the two sides, and those who choose to believe there is - to me - are themselves responsible for any discomfort they may feel when they perceive ill-will from others.

I always view it this way: I'm personally unaffected by anything said here and I also personally have no desire to offend anyone here. I just want to provide my input regarding this game....Why would it be any different for anyone else...?

"Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2017
    Scobre wrote: »
    Why I joined forums was actually majorly due to what happened to SimCity. I didn't want to see another Sims game go down the drain just because customers were again ignored.

What happened to that game was criminal. You can't even compare SC4 to SC5. I won't go into specifics, but SC4 was amazing.
    Yeah it was really bad. It was interesting some of the feedback about the newest SimCity and the same as the Sims 4. I think each Sims game reflect their SimCity counterparts and that is probably part of the issue too. Sims 4 is reflecting SimsCity2013 in some ways one being the simple UI design and other being the confined and small world spaces. I can't deny that one doesn't impact the other.

From this article which is a limit builders face with the Sims 4 as well: http://www.gamezone.com/originals/revisiting-simcity-two-years-after-its-horrific-launch-jsx6
    "Plots are still small which is probably still a problem for many of you. I understand the frustration because part of the fun of a city-building game is the freedom to build whatever you want. By restricting your plot size, Maxis essentially limited your fun. "

I think overall when it comes down to it the Sims 4's limits are hindering its development more than helping it. Simmers are even worried the next big theme Seasons could be limited just because of the Sims 4 limited scope of everything. I know some want the Sims 4 to continue until eight years, but honestly I couldn't handle it given how slow the larger pack releases are in this iteration and with all the limits and everything. Going beyond the five year mark is just going to make this iteration look like a charity case of helplessness. I think I need a Sims game that isn't associated with the SimCity fiasco to enjoy the franchise more in the future. I have no idea even if the next Sims game will even have a SimCity counterpart, but I am enjoying City Skylines that has lifted those limits and broken that monopoly. I think if anything it is time for the Sims to also get competition to push the franchise into a competitive business direction. Competition is great for customers and businesses because it offers higher quality products while driving prices down.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited December 2017
    Not to stray off topic, but I will probably get SW: BF2 - But as much as EA would like me to take advantage of the lootcrates. Sorry...like in my TS4-criticism. I will not throw good money after bad. And that's probably why I don't buy lottery tickets either. :D

About the only thing that would save EA's TS4 and might cause me to buy it, is a "sports pack" (with HOCKEY included - which is the one thing that none of the previous iterations have had other than that online TS Freeplay). Give me Hockey with the NHL San Myshuno Llamas and I might actually buy TS4. Yeah...I'm a Canadian, I live and breathe HOCKEY. If that happens, expect me to post up a video of the Arrogant Worms "Me Like Hockey" done in TS4. That's where the goofy walks from TS4 would come in real handy.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • coffeeshoppecoffeeshoppe Posts: 22 Member
    > @Mendota said:
    > Cringecrew wrote: »
    >
    > alexandrea wrote: »
    >
    > Gheez. We really need privacy options for our profile. I'm tired of people going on my page and bringing up sentiments I had months ago. It's called time. It moves on unlike some of you who want to stay stuck in the past. Quit stalking me. I will not be responding to anymore of this nonsense.
    >
    > @SimGuru_BGY_11 Please close this thread.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > They're just telling the truth. Sims 4 will never be better than Sims 3 or Sims 2.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No they are saying what you want to hear. I have played every version of Sims. I have thousands of hours into all the games except Sims 3 which I hated. And Sims 4 is the best out of all of then for me and many others. Sims 4 fans stay away from this forum because we are sick and tired of the same sycopaths going on and on about how they hate Sims 4. How I wish that EA had not come up with the idea to combine all the forums.

-----So. I cant properly quote right now, but I agree with you, Mendota. I really enjoy sims 4. I played 1, 2 , 3 and 4. And this one is my favorite. I have come across many players here and other platforms that are similar.

I do not enjoy this forum much so far. The sims 4 general discussion area, is fine. But if you so much as wonder outside of that you're slapped in the face with all of the one-sided negativity. People "like" whatever suits their point of view, whether its wrong or right. I don't find this forum fun or productive for anyone who actually enjoys the current game and wants to talk about it.

Maybe, limiting oneself to picture sharing threads would make my limited time here more enjoyable. But as of now I question why I even need to come here.
  • blackwolf10799blackwolf10799 Posts: 28 Member
    The only thing I dislike is how there was so much lacking in the base game that should have been there, making gameplay a bit boring sooner because there isn't enough content to keep you entertained endlessly. So because of that we are waiting longer for more content to be developed because it wasn't ready when the game was made. I love sims 4 the most because of the abilities and graphics, but I really want more content to be developed, and become bigger and longer than sims 3. Also I wish you could control/play the pets like you could in sims 2
  • blackwolf10799blackwolf10799 Posts: 28 Member
    Also my biggest pet peeve is not being able to edit lot sizes or create new empty lots lol
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited December 2017
    Erpe wrote: »
    I don’t see it as hating either. But as many simmers are a little dissatisfied that they get bored sooner than they did with the earlier games.

I can’t speak for others. But you are right that there are more autonomous behavior to look at. That doesn’t satisfy me though because I don’t just want to look (like it was some kind of animated movie instead of a game). I want to play a game where I decide what should happen and not a “game” that for a huge part just want to play itself and reduce me to a spectator a lot of the time.

OMGosh, this is my most recent problem. I don't know if it has always been this bad, but my Sims refuse to do what I tell them to do half the time. Two of the most recent which happened in a 10 minute period: I told one of my sims to cook something, and it just sat there in her queue, not dropping down to an action, for a very long time. I don't know if one of the pets was trying to do an interaction with her or what; her husband finished half a large painting from the time I issued the command until the time she started cooking.

Another which I'm seeing a lot is in romantic conversations. I'll have a ton of romantic interactions queued up, and either they'll all drop, or they'll start adding friendly and/or funny interactions as well, which knocks them down a level in the romantic conversation. In short, my imput seems to be secondary to the game's input in what I want my sims to do. Anyway, after the bug which prevents party events from registering along with the realization my sims were not going to do what I wanted them to do, I just quit for now.

The bugs in Sims 4 are worse for me than the bugs in Sims 3. Things like building and CAS work better for me in Sims 4 (though I miss terrain tools madly), but just all the little bugs that interfere with gameplay wear on me after awhile.

• FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    alexandrea wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    You asked.

I posted this a while ago between spoiler marks, I’ll post it again, to show why community lots in Sims 3 constantly trigger me and keep me challenged and interested. Here goes.

My sim arrives at the festival. Nobody there (in this case, quite often there are already sims present because they start going there as soon as I order my sim; when they are closer to the lot they’re there earlier).

Yeah, those empty lots trigger me. And that's what I hate about TS3... The sims hoard over to a lot once my sim shows up. That's unacceptable. TS3 is severely poorly coded. There's no reason why the game should lag so much when my pc is way above the requirements. Even the CC broke the game in TS3 a lot more often. With TS4 the cc barely breaks my game. I no longer get that dreaded "The Sims 3 has crashed" message while I'm looking at the screen like this :

giphy.gif

They do that in Sims 4 as well though. I go to a lot, it's empty, and then a bunch of sims spawn on the sidewalk and come on in to whatever venue.

But in truth, I'm not worried about the comparison between Sims 3 and Sims 4 -- Sims 4 needs to stand on its own. Whataboutism is pointless when Sims 4 honestly does have problems. It doesn't matter what issues the Sims 3 has if you're trying to move onto another game. I would expect Sims 4 to be more evolved than Sims 3, so anything that SIms 4 does better should be expected. That it doesn't do everything better is an issue.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top