Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rotate lot?

Is there a way to rotate lots on console? (I'm using PS4 if that helps.) I know the lot itself can be moved, but I don't see a way to rotate it.
Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
- Origin ID: PolluxSims -

Comments

• Artemis_AbaddonArtemis_Abaddon Posts: 5 New Member
    Go into build mode and turn your attention to the top of the screen. In the middle there are four arrows that say ‘move lot and house’ select which option you like (note: when selecting house you can choose something not attached to the house as necessary). Then press circle until you are back in cursor control and select your house, then press R1 or L1 to rotate accordingly.

It seems ‘move house’ is the option you should select. It does not seem to rotate on lot, for me st least.

Good luck!
    As an extra note, if you did want to classify it all as a house to rotate the lot fully, it seems you can ‘attach it’ by connecting it with either a path and/or fencing. I have not experimented at all, but noticed extra counting as attached to the house due to either one or both of these factors.
  • PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    @Artemis_Abaddon I tried using both the L and R controls to rotate the lot, but nothing happened. I don't want to move the house, just the lot itself - I want it to go from being a vertical lot to a horizontal lot. But pushing the controls did nothing for me. I tried doing it as both "move house" and "move lot" and it wouldn't rotate. The lot moves, just won't rotate :(
    I apologize for misunderstanding!

I believe that the lots themselves are set and unable to be rotated (at least currently on console).

The only thing that seems to be able to be roatated are the houses themselves.

Another option is to look for a similar lot that is how you like and moving your house (by saving to library, then going to the lot bulldozing if necessary, going to manage worlds, opening library, and then selecting your house and placing it in the lot) and then sims there.

That’s the only thing I could think of, wish I could be of more help!
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    You can not rotate the land you can rotate everything on the lot or just house. It is even that way via PC.
  • PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    @Artemis_Abaddon @NorthDakotaGamer thank you both for your help, I honestly thought lots themselves could be rotated. So this was my mistake.
  • SimmerMilli89SimmerMilli89 Posts: 8 New Member
    It seems you can only rotate a lot on console if it is smaller than the home placed onto the lot ex.) placing the landscape home in active acres is possible to rotate because it's a 50x50 lot avarice acres is 40x30
  • SimmerMilli89SimmerMilli89 Posts: 8 New Member
    I meant Landgraab
  • 8Faith88Faith8 Posts: 3,546 Member
    Has anyone figured this out yet? I have placed a 30x20 lot on a 64x64 (or whatever the biggest lot is) and cannot rotate the lot. I placed the lot via library and it placed backwards, with the front facing away from the street......

I don’t want to just move the house, because I will have to use a lot of time moving the lovely garden as well 😢
  • emma_marie1emma_marie1 Posts: 14 New Member
    I wish there was. It annoying when you can't use that building because its facing the wrong way on a lot and you don't want to have to redo all the intricate landscaping you spent 30 minutes on
  • RomanticidexxRomanticidexx Posts: 1 New Member
    I FIGURED OUT HOW TO ROTATE THE ENTIRE LOT!!!!! GO TO "MOVE LOT" AT THE TOP NEXT TO BULLDOZE, NOW, DON'T CLICK TO MOVE THE LOT, JUST LOOK OVER TO THE RIGHT SIDE AND IT WILL ALLOW YOU TO ROTATE THE ENTIRE LOT WITH THE BUMPERS!!!!! Ughhh, it took me SO long to figure this out. I thought I'd post it here incase anyone else was looking!!!
  • nickbigdnickbigd Posts: 5 New Member
    Thanks so much I have been looking for how to do this!!