The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Console controls

Comments

• floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    They might add shrinking later because that's still a newer feature for PC.
  • Mad83HatterMad83Hatter Posts: 1 New Member
    Another great thing to know with buttons and add to control list (PS4) is, in build mode press X to grab item and then you can press square to send item to household inventory so you don't have to sell it
  • dk6677dk6677 Posts: 1 New Member
    @EA_Mage I saw this was posted earlier but I think it is worth reiterating. Full mouse and keyboard support for the console versions would be very much appreciated. The lack of real mouse support is disappointing, especially considering the virtual mouse setup in the console versions.
  • SnowOrchidSnowOrchid Posts: 1 New Member
    You can now resize all items now. Small to big.Enlarge or shrink objects: while having an object selected:

PlayStation 4: press L2 and R2 + left/right. Please check it out..Thank you and have a lovely day. ^o^
  • rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    Can we move objects up and down now? I heard we can but i don’t know the controls. Playing on an Xbox one.
  • LittlebiscuitLittlebiscuit Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm verry new to the sims and i bought sims 4 for playstation 4. But i can't change the collor of my sims hair and i don't know how to change my body shape
  • ChiquisChiquis Posts: 1 New Member
    Sorry im new to this, but i have sims4 for ps4 and im trying to get online to download some lots but its only giving me the gallery options its not showing me the community tab. I need help thank you
    Chiquis wrote: »
    Sorry im new to this, but i have sims4 for ps4 and im trying to get online to download some lots but its only giving me the gallery options its not showing me the community tab. I need help thank you

There's only your library, no gallery at the moment so you can't find other people's creations.
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    > @Littlebiscuit said:
    > Hi Everyone!
    > I'm verry new to the sims and i bought sims 4 for playstation 4. But i can't change the collor of my sims hair and i don't know how to change my body shape

You can change the colour of hair by clicking on a wardrobe and choosing "change sim". Body shape, as far as I know, can only be changed when creating a new household in CAS or using cheats (but that disables trophies).
  • Lady_LuSsh01Lady_LuSsh01 Posts: 328 Member
    hi guys merry Christmas all hope you have a lovely day, and a fab new year xx
  • Lady_LuSsh01Lady_LuSsh01 Posts: 328 Member
    has anyone worked out how to move objects up and down on ps4 yet?

Hold L2 and R2 then click the up or down direction buttons.
  • sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    floralney wrote: »

I was under the impression that we could only enlarge or shrink objects? I didn't think we can raise or lower them? Have done this in your game? Did you enable a cheat?

I was under the impression that we could only enlarge or shrink objects? I didn't think we can raise or lower them? Have done this in your game? Did you enable a cheat?

They made the left and right arrows for scaling then the up and down arrows for height. You don't need cheats for it.

They made the left and right arrows for scaling then the up and down arrows for height. You don't need cheats for it.

I will have to try again. I was unable to raise or lower an object. So you don't need to activate any type of MOO? Can you raise or lower any object?
    @floralney maybe you could tell me exactly which object you raised in your own PS4 console, The Sims4 game, so that I can try and duplicate what you did?
  • eskibwoieskibwoi Posts: 1 New Member
    Erm........ Any hotkeys for PS4
    @floralney maybe you could tell me exactly which object you raised in your own PS4 console, The Sims4 game, so that I can try and duplicate what you did?

Any object really. I mainly use it for curtains or paintings. Select the object then L2+R2+up or down.
  • AkumadanAkumadan Posts: 19 New Member
    @EA_Mage Any chance you can forward a suggestion of adding support for USB keyboards/mouse as i ghink it would definitely help out the game a lot for consoles as many PC ports do use this feature as a work around to more complex key input comands.
  • AkumadanAkumadan Posts: 19 New Member
    Think* sorry cannot edit typos yet lol.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Im having issues with the cursor going out of control in build mode. I have an extremely difficult time selecting anything because the cursor likes to switch between the ui screens. Can this please be fixed? @EA_Mage and @SimGuruDrake
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • cleocleo Posts: 1 New Member
    please help! I can't control my sims cellphones, when I move the joystick or the arrows on my DualShock the "arrow" on the screen just moves away... sigh
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Is there a quick way to open the needs tab?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    What I'd like to know is how to keep the needs tab open all the time. Normally, if you open it, you cannot click on your sims or do anything else until It's closed. It's a bit of a pain to keep opening it often, especially when there are many sims in the household. I've done it before but don't really know how I did it or if it was a glitch.
  • xJoshPointOhxJoshPointOh Posts: 4 New Member
    [quote="JPNeko;c-16243625"]What I'd like to know is how to keep the needs tab open all the time. Normally, if you open it, you cannot click on your sims or do anything else until It's closed. It's a bit of a pain to keep opening it often, especially when there are many sims in the household. I've done it before but don'
    t really know how I did it or if it was a glitch.[/quote]

In the OP he said if you press right stick with the tab open it should lock it open.