Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims bring there pets everywhere...

So I'm guessing this is a glitch considering we have a lot trait for "sims will bring there dogs/cats here" But sims tend to bring there pets everywhere... To restaurants, gyms, bars even retail lots. I mean I love cats and dogs but not barking at my sims on a treadmill at the gym xD.

Comments

• CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Are you finding this occurring in all the worlds or only in Brindleton Bay?

Its in every world. I went to the bar in oasis springs and there was blue and her owner lol
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    It may differ from one save game to another , depending on what sims households have pets. As you posted in your first post, there are certain lot traits that attract cats and dogs, and if these venues have the traits, it would encourage sims to bring their pets there.
    Perhaps you could try testing in another save game and see if the same thing is occurring. There are only strays in Brindleton Bay, It would also be more likely that sims would bring their pets with them when they visit places in that world.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    It may differ from one save game to another , depending on what sims households have pets. As you posted in your first post, there are certain lot traits that attract cats and dogs, and if these venues have the traits, it would encourage sims to bring their pets there.
    Perhaps you could try testing in another save game and see if the same thing is occurring. There are only strays in Brindleton Bay, It would also be more likely that sims would bring their pets with them when they visit places in that world.

I have tested many saves. Only households that have pets are the ones in Brindleton bay, according to the lot trait if you use it it will bring other sims with there pets but I haven't used the lot trait in the other worlds. Its not that there walking around the world they go into restaurants and and libraries and such. The strays don't enter the lot unless I use the other lot traits witch is great. That part works fine its just sims will bring there pets to any lot regardless if I have the lot trait or not. I haven't seen stays that entered just owned dogs and cats.
  • VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    It sounds quite representative of real life to me. There are lots of places where pets are not appropriate in real life situations and yet people insist on bringing them anyway. I don't know about the C&D game but is there something like a pet gate or something you can put in at the entrance which might prevent them from coming in (like a door lock that denies them access?). If so, that might discourage sims from bringing the pets?